Our partner

Confused

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Confused

Postby Aschizoid » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:54 pm

I finally decided to stop procrastinating and schedule an appointment with my doctor this week to discuss my thoughts and I'm just trying to get things written down so I can bring them up with him so that I don't forget. Any insight into this would be appreciated.

I've had focus problems all my life, but recently they've been getting more and more apparent and unmanageable(Not that they ever were). I've been doing some googling and searching around and somehow ended up reading about ADHD or ADD whichever people are using now a days. I never thought I had it cause when I was growing I was never diagnosed or even had a doctor's appointment to discuss it. My parents were more or less checked out and neglected their kids for all of my formative years as a child. I developed a deep depression in my teenage years well even earlier then that and it cleared when I was around 20 or so and I always thought that was why I couldn't focus.

After the depression went away, my problems focusing haven't and have been even more obvious to me now that I'm actually happy and more self aware. It got more and more obvious, as well as worse and worse. The past few years, it's not even just the boring stuff I can't focus on, but also the things I enjoy too. I can't remember the last time I finished a video game, watched a short movie without stopping multiple times or even reading a whole chapter. It's hard to play even my favorite games without turning it off after 10-20 minutes. Now I do get periods of hyperfocus which isn't that great either. They usually don't stop until I completely finish and it made work nearly impossible. Like I got involved in a web novel a few months ago and finished a series that's several times longer than Harry potter in less than 3 days. Not even mentioning the times of zoning out as well. I had work shifts where I literally did nothing or couldn't remember doing anything.

I've already been diagnosed with brain hyperactivity in college which was where I started looking into ADHD and was wondering if it's similar to anyone on this subforum. I wouldn't even want to discuss it with anyone since I hate admitting I have a problem and usually ignore it or rationalise it any way I can to avoid it. Recently things have been getting fairly serious with my partner and it seems horrible if I don't at least go see a doctor since I owe her that much. If marriage wasn't a close possibility, I would avoid it. Like I said just seeing if I'm similar to other people on here and whether or not I should brace myself for bad news at this appointment or not.
Aschizoid
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 8:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Confused

Postby Mitmit » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:45 am

Hi aschizoid

Your brain obviously where the problem is located. Your brain is your fattest organ, and consist
of about 60 % fat.

A study of 1 million students in New York showed that students who ate lunches that did not include artificial flavors, preservatives, and dyes did 14 percent better on IQ tests than students who ate lunches with these additives.

This is because the brain is very sensitive. And yours is even more sensitive.

If you want to get better, you need to realize that the doctor is NOT going to give you a pill that will solve all your problems, and make you happy. Getting better demands responsibility from you.

You need to try omega 3 fatty acids. Every day. Thats step one, because your brain is made of it.

If your are on any kind of heart medicine, you should not use Omega 3 fatty acids. Aside from that, it is harmless.
Mitmit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 2:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post