Our partner

Does ADHD cause problems with forming emotional connections

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Does ADHD cause problems with forming emotional connections

Postby cato4797 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:07 am

This is something I’ve noticed in the past as a problem I have, and I’m curious if anyone else has noticed something similar.

I’ve just noticed that when I’m trying to gauge feelings and such or on a date I’m never gonna have that kind of connection. Ever. I’m just constantly over analyzing myself. The best first date - in this sense - that I went on was one where instantly decided there wouldn’t be a second and then had fun because I wasn’t thinking about it.

I’ve only had chemistry maybe once (maybe) and that was someone with BPD (love bombing such, we're friends now so i don't hold it against her obviously)...
I still overanalyzed everything that happened, which was part of what ultimately killed the spark. It was only later, when we were friends, that I had actual feelings for her, even tho they didn't last more than like a month
cato4797
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Does ADHD cause problems with forming emotional connections

Postby ASPDADHDETC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:26 pm

cato4797 wrote:This is something I’ve noticed in the past as a problem I have, and I’m curious if anyone else has noticed something similar.

I’ve just noticed that when I’m trying to gauge feelings and such or on a date I’m never gonna have that kind of connection. Ever. I’m just constantly over analyzing myself. The best first date - in this sense - that I went on was one where instantly decided there wouldn’t be a second and then had fun because I wasn’t thinking about it.

I’ve only had chemistry maybe once (maybe) and that was someone with BPD (love bombing such, we're friends now so i don't hold it against her obviously)...
I still overanalyzed everything that happened, which was part of what ultimately killed the spark. It was only later, when we were friends, that I had actual feelings for her, even tho they didn't last more than like a month

I have ADHD too, along with MANY other things but i would say it *could* over analyzing things will impact anything you do. I mean BPD love is a mess all on its own, and as far as how long you were interested in them... thats as long as they had your attention for. No shame in that.

I have found ( and I am not just adhd) that someone who was quiet, and not emotional is the best fit for me. Though I still dont always feel attracted to him. That $#%^ comes and goes.
ASPDADHDETC
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post