Our partner

Repetitive random thouhys

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Repetitive random thouhys

Postby Samk2607 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi , im new to this forum so this may not be best written . I am pretty sure that i have adhd but theres been some problems with getting a diagnosis mainly due to my parrnts opposition to it and a lack of idea what to do .

Anyway , the main reason i wanted to write this is to see if this is common amongst people with adhd . The problem is that i will get obsessed with a topic and then lose interest the next week but that’s not the worst part . Whilst im going through an obsession through a certain thing i’ll try to learn everything about it and remember everythijg about it . For example the other week it was about madeleine mccann , you get the point . But what im saying is that essentially 24/7 ill have random things in my head about irrelevant topics in my head and itll annoy me if i cant remember something . Its a constant dialogue of random information aboit different things in my head and sometimes i even feel forced to write it down . Furthermore , i have a strange obsession with desperately trying not to forget the things im interested in and it clogs my mind 24/7 , drives me up the wall .

Im going to sound absolutely insane , but does anyone else get this feeling ?
Samk2607
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Repetitive random thouhys

Postby quietgirl2538 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:12 pm

I feel the same way about fearing I'll forget things too. I write lists. Lots of lists and I keep them in the same spot all the time so I can always find them.

Obsessions like you describe are something I don't experience. I however, do things impulsively. Then sometimes I end up regretting them. I do that thing where they call it hyperfocus. I can sit and do a project and not stop until I finish. I forget everything else, even eating and I am intent on finishing whatever it is I started that morning. Doesn't always happen, but it does happen sometimes.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (124)

Return to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Forum