Our partner

Help: I really don't like non ADHD people

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Help: I really don't like non ADHD people

Postby Copy_Cat » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:44 pm

How do they just sit and do basically nothing ????

Look at this dude above just sitting with all that cool stuff in every direction like mountains to explore and that cool boat in the blue water.

With all that cool stuff around and just sitting there ?

I find it impossible to just sit on a blanket at the beach do nothing and "relax".

I guess my question so this thread has a direction is does anyone else feel negative stuff towards non ADHD types ?
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help: I really don't like non ADHD people

Postby slither » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm probably the opposite of adhd in that regard. Sometimes I just have so much in my head that I get distracted exploring and wandering my own mind, like some kind of backwards/inverted version of add.

You probably dislike people doing things in conventional ways--do you have a habit of alienating/separating your ego/identity with other humans/groups?
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 am

Postby seabreezeblue » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Do you think you dislike the idea of you doing nothing rather than actually disliking them for doing nothing?
Ie; you see them doing nothing and it gets to you because you can imagine just how bored you'd be if you were doing nothing?

Or.. do you think they're wasting their lives or something and it irritates you?

See.. i look at those pictures and see that they're reading.. and I think about all the places that i've been to through books and all the things that I've learned from them..
they were my spaceship out of nutsville when I was a child.. I still love reading to this day and probably devour a good 3 or 4 books a month (in between everything else that I do).

xx
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..

forum-rules.php
seabreezeblue
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby EarlyMorning » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:46 pm

I amaze myself how long I can stay in one position sometimes. you'd hate me OP.

I have a little bit (although hate is a strong word and i do not feel hate about it) of what you have the other way. As in, I do not mind people who have ants in their pants. But if they are near me, while I'm concentrating on the world record for being a statue while concentrating on whatever I'm doing whilst being said statue, and they're up down up down, fussing, getting up for no apparent reason other than they can't sit still. Argh. Even knee trembling. When someone is sat next to me and that happens. It's annoying and distracting and actually gives me anxiety.

So I get what you're saying. If it's the same as I have, just in reverse.
Life is full of small disappointments - Henrik Hanssen
EarlyMorning
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Postby Koopa » Mon May 11, 2015 6:35 pm

I can't help you like someone you've chosen to dislike for your own reasons, but I can understand your line of thinking in that you would always rather do something and can't imagine doing nothing.
Officially diagnosed: ADHD, Clinical Depression. "Unofficially" diagnosed: Schizotypal

Please forgive me if I do not read the entirety of long posts, I often have difficulty doing so.
Koopa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:38 am

Postby Booboo12 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:40 am

Copy_Cat wrote:How do they just sit and do basically nothing ????

Look at this dude above just sitting with all that cool stuff in every direction like mountains to explore and that cool boat in the blue water.

With all that cool stuff around and just sitting there ?

I find it impossible to just sit on a blanket at the beach do nothing and "relax".

I guess my question so this thread has a direction is does anyone else feel negative stuff towards non ADHD types ?

LOL YES!!! I know exactly what you mean . Maybe not all non-ADHD , but people who are just extremwly calm. I find it physically painful sometimes, like when someone talks extremely slow. But how to deal with them? This I am still working on. I usually just resort to teasing them/trying to provoke them for my own entertainment . Whoops
Booboo12
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Postby Whatsamattababy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:03 am

(It's okay to post in a forum if you don't have the disorder that forum is about, right? Or is it?)

The subject line made me laugh. I adore ADHD people. I'm around teenagers all the time who have received this diagnosis, and I find them freaking hilarious. (Kinda hard not to be, I reckon - if you say a hundred things every minute, one of them is bound to be funny.) It's gotten to the point for me where I've started to find most other people extraordinarily boring to converse with.
Whatsamattababy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby dazedndistracted » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:56 am

OK, I'm late, but I'll post anyway just in case it's relevant to someone.

I'm not claiming to have ADHD, but I don't understand the thought process here. Is it that you don't understand how anyone can be physically inactive for a period of time, or that you actually dislike people with ADHD? If it's the latter, consider that people without ADHD may dislike people who have it for acting differently than they themselves do. People are extremely diverse, and the way one person is doesn't dictate how others should be.
dazedndistracted
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Postby user03 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:19 am

as someone that hasn't been diagnosed with ADHD, despite bringing up many years back to see whether or not i had it and doing many tests for it and based on the research and experience i have got for the disorder from many sources and in person, i would actually say the opposite, that i don't like people with ADHD and actually envy them because i feel like they are superior both intellectually and physically and i feel as if they do not have a true disorder.

why do i base this? well i've read countless things and experiences on people with adhd either online or in person and noticed that the majority of them were much alike, having very little to no qualitative problems, richer lives, similar mindsets and just better and more functional lives than me. however, i would not say that for people with SCT, this is with the assumption that it's something distinct from adhd and that this was something i always had. i don't know if anyone would say they don't like people with sct, because these sct people truly suffer themselves, unlike the majority of adhd people :roll: , yet sct people don't really have a support system and aren't very lucky in alternatives like adhd people or other people.

i could mention that i don't like many other types of people, i envy many bipolar people because they have been the majority of people i've seen in group therapies / support groups and are medicated and live better lives, as well as many with schizoaffective disorder. i haven't met one person with SCT.

btw, i can understand though what the op was saying in this thread and i can relate to it somewhat ( more so when i was younger ), however again, as someone who isn't like most people with adhd and not diagnosed, it's something taken like a grain of salt.

but i think that one psychologist who you can find on youtube and many other videos have basically proved my theory as true, that adhd isn't a disorder, he basically said that people like me for example ( who don't have adhd ), are basically stupid and lazy and just wait for the grass to grow, he was using the old hunter vs gather comparison, basically making the hunter traits superior and farmer traits as dull :roll: . , even if he didn't intend to, but not that it really makes a difference because i don't seem to fit either, especially when you have major depression like i do.

and it isn't just adhd, many people do it with bipolar disorder, that they are creative, artistic, etc, and when you go in person and see these people, they usually are, so then why call these disorders if the majority of the people are so gifted , spontaneous, have rich lives and can get properly medicated? i can tell you, whatever it is that i have is not a gift at all and i am doing my very best to avoid this poisonous psychiatric medications that i had taken in the past because i didn't really have a choice, i had to do something, stimulants such as vyvanse and ritalin ( for proposed adhd ) were garbage, they made me more depressed, more anxious, and didn't help in any shape or form, and zoloft and prozac were garbage too.

i will do my best to avoid psychiatric medication, they all made me feel worse and more damaged, whether or not i was on them or not.
user03
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Ebonileigh » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 pm

well, I'm late too to this post, but, I have grandchildren with ADHD, and apart from having 'ants in their pants', or wriggling constantly like worms, they talk absolutely all the time, and not quietly, and I can only tolerate them for very short periods, their mother also (daughter in law), they drive me absolutely crazy. I'm the opposite, I'm quiet, a reader, artistic, like to be busy with my hands: sculpting and painting and other artistic pursuits, so it's not about being busy, but how one is busy. My daughter in law and my granddaughter are 'in ya face' ADHD, my grandson is probably more ASD now more than ADHD when he was little. My son and youngest grandson (in this particular family) are quiet, readers etc., and they are totally dominated by the others, it's just horrible, the family is a total mess. Anyway, that's gone off topic.....but, we, non ADHD's find you ADHD's impossible to be/live with.
Ebonileigh
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:38 am

Next

Return to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post