Our partner

A classical text made by someone with AS?

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

A classical text made by someone with AS?

Postby Leeder Krenon » Thu May 15, 2008 3:20 pm

I have read Confucius's "The Analects" several times by now, and I noticed that I often could have come to the same conclusions as Confucius did in the text, when I was studying "The Analects" for personal reasons.

For example, he said some rather self-evident things like, "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous."

I found that after reading through the text very carefully, I found that the things Confucius said often sounded like things I might say if I were asked the same questions.

So, I'm wondering this: What do you think of the text? If you have (or are knowledgeable in) AS, does Confucius sound like he had the condition?
The only reason the government pays for my college education is so I will pay them more money in taxes throughout my lifetime. Now, if they are expecting me to like them for it, tough $#%^.
Leeder Krenon
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Fri May 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi,

I do not know much about Confucius at all but, in my opinion, the majority of the great philosophers and inventors throughout history could have had Asperger's Syndrome. Some people with the syndrome end-up devoting their entire life to a single role or goal. If you look at people like Einstein, for example, his entire life was based around science. He also got very angered by what he perceived was morally wrong, as do a lot of us here.

Kevin.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post