Our partner

Adult Meltdown - Your Experience

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Adult Meltdown - Your Experience

Postby wildrosette » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:45 am

Please share the trigger, how long and how were you coping?

I need to figure it out and avoid this when I am with a good friend.

Thanks appreciate it.
wildrosette
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Adult Meltdown - Your Experience

Postby Lucid » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:27 am

When I was at an airport last year, my airplane landed me in too late and I missed my flight that was all the way accross the entire airport. I ran as fast as i could to get in time but i didn't make it. I just started crying. I felt very abandoned and like i could not get to where I wanted to go. The man hugged me though and said it would be okay, I was able to get on next flight.

Honestly, I probably overreacted. But at that moment i felt extremely blocked and trapped. I did not like the feeling at all of running through all those people only to have failed and the possibility i could have been left behind and trapped in that hellscape of an airport. It seemed like a nightmare to get trapped at that airport.

Just take it slow, and easy. The thoughts in my head were speeding when this all was happening. You just need to keep the setting and your friend slow to handle it better.
Diagnosed: Aspergers
Lucid
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:26 pm

Re: Adult Meltdown - Your Experience

Postby wildrosette » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:23 am

Thanks for sharing.
Now I remember in one visit to my flat he stood facing balcony looking outside so I thought maybe he wanted some fresh air then I started to open the door. He quickly stopped me and said "no don't open! you know you have to put extension on that balcony railing to prevent any accident".
What you take on this? He was afraid it will trigger him to jump or is it any sort of panicking seeing that chest high balcony railing?
For your info there are no railing extension in the whole buildings.
wildrosette
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:26 am

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post