Our partner

***18 types of Aspergers!*** (aspie subtypes)

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: ***18 types of Aspergers!*** (aspie subtypes)

Postby So Missunderstood » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:08 am

This is very interesting; I fit into all of those 'categories' and yet, none of them.

On the surface, I appear as a 'False Autist' due to my circumstances. I exhibit child-like behaviour (I have always been like that- emotionally delayed) and I live on disability benefits...but to call it 'False Autism' is a misnomer.

I guess the 'types' that relate to me the most, would be 'The Virus', 'The Screwball' and 'The Trailblazer'.

I also find just a bit of bias here, as it relates to those 'types of Aspergers', with some categories implying that we fake the condition just to gain support. Some do, but most do not. I mean, who would even want to 'make up' something like this, when if there were any other way out, we'd gladly accept/embrace it?

For example, even though I have been diagnosed as having AS, if people tell me; 'you are only faking it to 'seek attention', then, what other explanation can be given for my 'seeking attention'?

Even the DSM V has so many categories now, that according to it, everybody has a 'mental illness'...even saying "I don't have a Mental Illness' is a 'Mental Illness'.

I have no problem with NT's trying to 'classify' my illness, because unless they have lived through it and they know, they just wouldn't have a clue and I laugh at them.
So Missunderstood
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:34 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby So Missunderstood » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:51 am

I am going to give a good example of the above.

At the moment, I am spending a few days with my parents to sort out a few financial problems.

Now, my father has a very nasty habit of giving a 'running commentary' of everything we watch on TV...he cannot help it, talking over the top of every TV show...every movie, even the news, so that nobody can watch it for themselves and I honestly don't understand why he does this.

It gets so annoying while I am trying to watch TV, that I ask him; 'can you please put on the subtitles, so I can actually see what they are saying, because there's no way I can hear it'...he's like 'why do you need subtitles, when I am telling you what they are saying?' to which I reply, 'why must you feel the need to tell me in the first place?...honestly?'

In the end, it gets so annoying, it ruins the whole 'watching TV experience' for me, so I say 'you've spoiled it all for me now...you enjoy it, I am off to bed'...he goes 'don't be like that, c'mon and enjoy this movie with me'.

So, after I try to enjoy it (with him continuing the commentary), I have no choice but to say 'sorry dad, I have a headache and feel tired and a bit ill...I am off to bed'.

Then he says; "I don't understand why you are 'sick' all the time...you are only doing it to seek attention"...on the contrary, I do it to lose attention and the only reason I am 'sick all the time' is because most people find the brutal, honest truth highly offensive, so 'excusing oneself due to illness' becomes the lesser of the two evils, when no resolution from a certain confrontation can ever be reached.
So Missunderstood
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby deddokatana » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:25 am

i think the op had it spot on. ive been about 5 or 6 of em in the past.. stress is my decider for who i am on a given day..

please arrange them according to level of stress, if your interested :D
deddokatana
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby freefee » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Wow! Amazing to the point this could be published. Mabye you can help me. After reading your sub-types i am really interested if you can help me. I am trying to figure out if i have aspergers. At first i completely identified with your first sub-type to the tee. As my life as gone on i see more of different sub-types in my personality. Help me out if you can. It would be very much appreciated. Here is the first idea i have on if i may have aspergers.

Just took the aspergers test. I scored 24, two points below the average non aspergers person, and two points higher than an high functioning aspergers person. I know that with aspergers a person can balance out after awhile, and after polishing thier social skills.
Three years ago i would have probably been in the lower 2o percent range of this test. I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia at age eighteen. Im thirty four. I have also been suspected to have aspergers by my pdoc. I have went through 28 years of my life so deppressed. I was lost , and seeking.
I know now that i was never able to make human connections as i am now. My journey has been long, complicated, and hard. I've learned to take the lessons ive learned from my so called dillusional life into the world everyone lives in. My antiphycotic meds help with damaged part of my brain that i can not control when im off the meds. Ive identified the damaged part of my brain to the tee. I know exactly, though, not in scientific terms, what happens in my brain when i dont have the meds.

Me personally , i dont beleive in any of the pyhciatric labes they put on people , becuase i think our brains are far to complex to generalize. Could i have aspergers, or aspergers symptoms even though i have found my way to make real connections with people that i know for sure are real? How do i know if i am a recovered aspergers person with social skills polished, or someone who never had aspergers? :? :?

Also, at first i identified with the first of your sub-types, now, after reading , i see in my journey,ive been partially in many of your sub-types. The one that is " the virus" scares me. I do now seek well being above all else. I gave up everything for a period of time because all my life i spent with no social connection and found the peace of "feeling good, and being happy" was the way to achieve my ultimate goal as of now which is " learning to love people" . Ive spent so much of my life unsocial, that i jumped at the chance , and drenched myself in it. I've made valuble human connections , and living relationships with people. All my strength is now exerted toward relating to the common person, and being that whisper of hope, or strength that they might need at the time.

I just dont want to give up my fasinations , and intense intrests, so as to not do something with them. I probably know the bible better than anyone. That sounds weird, and saccriligous, but people have told me this. My dillusions have been about a delicate design of the universe where god, angels, devil, and demons along with all human action, and interaction have a place, and each moment of life holds some meaning and nothing seems to be by chance. I can summon a bible verse to mind to fit any thought , or event in my life. It is like everything in the physical world holds some relevant action in the spiritual world.Thats the trip ive been on. I would greatly appreciate your opinion on where i stand with aspergers..Thanks!!!
freefee
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:34 am

Postby words-as-weapons666 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:37 pm

the virus, puppeteer, and the chargeable battery all wrapped up in one mess of a human being.
Dx ASPD, BPD
words-as-weapons666
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:34 am

Postby palaceoftwilight » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:29 am

The Packet - often researches things of interest in my room, possibly to the extent of self-neglect.

The Hoarder - displays interest in some level of social interaction, but also enjoys researching stuff on a consistent basis.

The Chargeable Battery - can be social but needs to recharge my fuel after extended periods of socialization.

The Absorbtive Architecht - becomes obsessed with things, and during times of motivation dedicates myself to those obsessions.

The Screwball - a little eccentric and has been known to say things like "three midget deities" and "tuneballoon," for better or for worse.

The Social Reconstructor - rationalizes the faults of humanity; nonconformist.

The Trailblazer - ponders various ideas pertaining to existence that most people would consider technical.

The Superprocessor - over-analyzes social situations and the small things that people do to the point of anxiety; can also breed a solution for a problem that is in the head (not being liked by somebody I'm liked by).

The Coryphaeus - believes it is a gift in a positive mood.

The Idea Hamster - gathers and creates ideas that can be interpreted in simple and complex ways and would like to develop this subtype more in the future.

Lifeline - used it as an excuse many times in the past but got better at not doing that over the years.
palaceoftwilight
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:34 am

Postby Vhart » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:58 pm

That was really awesome! It would be cool to kinda categorize it like the Myers Briggs with a level of the other co-morbid issues like auditory processing. Sequential processing, working and complex memory as that will help define more of the functional level of each subtype.

I'm the NT half with an AS adult and son. I think this was really cool as it's a way for people to be able to see something so complex and hard to understand and be able to identify with it easier.
Vhart
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:34 am

Postby EarlyMorning » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:37 am

hoarder
cast iron
chargeable battery
absoptive architect
screwball
trailblazer
superprocessor
idea hamster
lifeline

^yes all of those things.
Life is full of small disappointments - Henrik Hanssen
EarlyMorning
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Explorer3 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:30 am

When in a positive state of mind, I am some combination of the packet, trailblazer, idea hamster, and social reconstructor.

Though the social reconstructor aspect isn't a focus of my life like the others are. I don't study social conventions for the fun of it, I've just noticed that many things that others find taboo or otherwise have strong emotional reactions to, I'm instead prone to analyze in a detached way as curiosities (particularly sexual oddities like incest and pedophilia, but also other mental health conditions and personality traits). Therefore, I feel compelled to fight what I see as others' lack of rationality or understanding. Sometimes I've even wondered if I am somewhat psychopathic due to my lack of gut emotional reaction to things that even others with AS react strongly to, but I think it's just my type of AS that does that, as generally I'm actually kind of obsessed with ethics and fairness.

I have been "the virus" for part of my life as a result of having chronic illness on top of AS, but I don't think that this is a type of AS, just a way of reacting to adversity *because* of AS. And also as a result of this I've developed some "false autist" traits, even though I'm in other ways very high functioning.
Explorer3
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:34 am

Postby EarlyMorning » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:58 am

Can someone please put the "r" in "absorptive" in my post. It's annoying me that I missed it out accidentally :evil: I didn't check it :roll: and now it's too late to edit.
Life is full of small disappointments - Henrik Hanssen
EarlyMorning
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post