Our partner

***18 types of Aspergers!*** (aspie subtypes)

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: ***18 types of Aspergers!*** (aspie subtypes)

Postby Platypus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:21 am

What about the subtype or stereotype of criminal/antisocial/aggressive aspies?

I relate to:
    * packet (very much!)
    * chargeable battery (I don't realise I'm getting overwhelmed though...until it happens)
    * puppeteer/chameleon (not sure that I understand the difference between these two?)
    * superprocessor (seems to fit with puppeteer/chameleon?)
    * virus (where I feel stuck now - didn't have this problem when I was younger)

By the way, in the description under "the virus" it should be "peace of mind". (Maybe you need a new subtype called "the know-it-all" or "the spelling nazi". :mrgreen:)

louiesgonnadie wrote:ASD in a nutshell:

Is ASD deliberately open loop and NT closed loop? :mrgreen:
No diagnosis, lots of opinions, and a bunch of issues that I haven't quite figured out.
Platypus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby madjoe » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:08 am

nothing is more funny (in an ironc way) than making up subtypes to something in the dsm that allready a total joke
jmho
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:13 am

Postby louiesgonnadie » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 am

Platypus wrote:What about the subtype or stereotype of criminal/antisocial/aggressive aspies?

I relate to:
    * packet (very much!)
    * chargeable battery (I don't realise I'm getting overwhelmed though...until it happens)
    * puppeteer/chameleon (not sure that I understand the difference between these two?)
    * superprocessor (seems to fit with puppeteer/chameleon?)
    * virus (where I feel stuck now - didn't have this problem when I was younger)

By the way, in the description under "the virus" it should be "peace of mind". (Maybe you need a new subtype called "the know-it-all" or "the spelling nazi". :mrgreen:)

louiesgonnadie wrote:ASD in a nutshell:

Is ASD deliberately open loop and NT closed loop? :mrgreen:

Well it depends on how the subtype develops with age and adapts to the world. I'd say the ones that could develop deep antisocial characteristics under unhealthy circumstances would be "the rechargeable battery" "the chameleon" "the social reconstructor" "the superprocessor" "the virus" "lifeline" "mental divorce" and "the self-oblivion". Now it depends, but the most likely to commit criminal acts would be "the virus" "the self-oblivion" "mental divorce" "the chameleon" and "lifeline". Hell, even a really unhealthy, bitter "idea hamster" or "puppeteer" could also be prone to plotting a terroristic act, the former turning into a mastermind, simulating several scenarios internally until one feels right to commit to. The latter, with a well developed social instinct, would probably become a massive manipulator of people and social-based situations, scanning patterns and figuring out when to strike.

The differences between the chameleon and puppeteer are actually quite stark if you look beyond face value. They can appear very similar in many situations, but the chameleon doesn't have a desire to become multiple personalities they admire, like the puppeteer. Chameleon wants to fit in, and be accepted by current social standards. So they emulate (or imitate) social patterns, depending on the environment.

Puppeteer, on the other hand - once their intuition starts developing, they notice patterns that strike them as "cool" and desire to be like that persona. So they figure this person out, and start emulating them. And this doesn't have to be limited to just one persona, or just by the people they observe IRL - they can start figuring out personas of famous figures, and integrate those patterns into their personality system, and even 'manipulate' them, finding faults of patterns and going as far as improving them! This becomes a concoction of several personas, wrapped into one. Think of this process as making a smoothie.
louiesgonnadie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby shock_the_monkey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:16 am

none of these seem to fit me particularly well. i'm an outcast maverick seeker.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:13 am

Postby mdagli1 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Platypus wrote:What about the subtype or stereotype of criminal/antisocial/aggressive aspies?
louiesgonnadie wrote:with a well developed social instinct, would probably become a massive manipulator of people and social-based situations, scanning patterns and figuring out when to strike.

Been there, done that...

I've also been known to be a grave digger. Not for anyone else, entirely just for me. :mrgreen:
Though, I have known to make the hole so big that a few of others fell in with me. :lol:

Nobody falls in love with me :( , they all fall in holes with me. :? So many bodies... :shock:
UK - Diagnosed with AS
mdagli1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby louiesgonnadie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:30 am

mdagli1 wrote:Nobody falls in love with me :( , they all fall in holes with me. :? So many bodies... :shock:

This......sounds like a horror movie. Creepy.
louiesgonnadie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby shock_the_monkey » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:45 am

madjoe wrote:nothing is more funny (in an ironc way) than making up subtypes to something in the dsm that allready a total joke
jmho

i can see how one could take the typical traits of AS and define sub-groups on the basis of which of those traits are most prominent. but i'm not sure what benefit this is because it then over-looks the less prominent ones. as for being a total joke, well, i guess that's a matter of opinion. i don't think that trying to characterise disorders is in and of itself a bad thing but certainly the way this can be used to stigmatise, disadvantage, disempower and generally discriminate against people is.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:13 am

Postby mdagli1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:21 pm

shock_the_monkey wrote:
madjoe wrote:nothing is more funny (in an ironc way) than making up subtypes to something in the dsm that allready a total joke
jmho

i can see how one could take the typical traits of AS and define sub-groups on the basis of which of those traits are most prominent. but i'm not sure what benefit this is because it then over-looks the less prominent ones. as for being a total joke, well, i guess that's a matter of opinion. i don't think that trying to characterise disorders is in and of itself a bad thing but certainly the way this can be used to stigmatise, disadvantage, disempower and generally discriminate against people is.

This is interesting, I didn't realise there was a US vs UK conflict over the use of such diagnostic material. The level of criticise is quite shocking. I've mentioned several times in my other threads over issues of sense of value as a direct result of being on the receiving end of the medical profession. I see it as pervasive marginalisation rather than anything that can actually be seen through normal lawful senses. Could you imagine someone with influence fraudulently getting rid of people based off pseudo-science that simply should not be part of the professional world? There is simply no way to audit it. It's disgusting...

If you can make people believe what ever you want them to believe through truly cryptic methods, it sounds more like a power grab through truly malicious means...

This actually helps me slightly to understand my own internal dis-associational conflict.
UK - Diagnosed with AS
mdagli1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Yolanda » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:18 pm

interesting. No personality traits but neocortex traits of executive function.
Yolanda
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Aspie_Beast » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:04 am

Funny I have fallen into many of these sub-types at one point or another at different times in my life but never just one. I guess one sub-type could become so dominant that one could be classified as only one but I would think that close examination would show that most of those with AS would fall into more than one, with one being more dominant at times.
Aspie_Beast
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:13 am

PreviousNext

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post