Our partner

After years of coping ...

Anxiety Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

After years of coping ...

Postby Batcat » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:47 am

My anxiety has never been this extreme. In the past, it just took away my freedom. But i was a kid and that was just my life, i was quite comfortable despite worrying excessively. the only times i felt bad was when i panicked, but i didn't dwell on it too much - i just avoided situations and felt anxious about certain things.

as a kid I hated being alone or away from my family. this was easily solved, I'd hang out with family a lot, I was happy. It took me to my mid-teens before I got sick of not being able to do things and I started to go out with friends more. When I left secondary school I had to go to college - it was a bus ride away to the next town but I knew I had to do it and I had the courage. I adjusted so quickly. it changed my life. I went onto university, I didn't move out from home but I did so well in my first year. I'm in my second year now.

Now I'm unhappy. I seek constant reassurance about things and I cry a lot. at least once a week. I'm very emotional and just not in a good place. The worst I've ever been, and its making me very moody around people. My work for university is seriously struggling.

Im starting counselling soon. I'm hoping it'll change the way i think.

I have never been diagnosed with anxiety - but i think it's very clear that i do have it. I can't think rationally and I never really have. I always wonder if i should be assessed, to see if there is anything else ... do counsellors diagnose people?
Batcat
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: After years of coping ...

Postby Snaga » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:21 am

I guess it depends on their credentials. Is this like a counselor at college?

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 pm

Postby Batcat » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:35 am

Hi,
yeah it is. It's what people have been telling me to do. But I wonder if I should've spoken to a doctor, too
Batcat
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:16 pm

Postby Snaga » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:18 pm

If all they're qualified to do is suggest you might have this or that, it will, still, give you something to take to someone else. I don't think there's a right or wrong thing to do, here.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 pm

Return to Anxiety Disorder NOS