Our partner

Extreme anxiety over everything

Anxiety Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Extreme anxiety over everything

Postby Eddyhdr14 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:05 am

Im in my first year at university, and lately I've been having extreme anxiety, like the worst I've ever had, for things that I can't explain very well. Before, I would get anxious over intrusive thoughts, but I don't have those anymore really. I also got anxious over derealization, but I thought I got over that too. Now, I obsess about how my anxiety has only gotten worse since it first started, and how it will only continue to get worse. I also get anxious over weird feelings, mostly distorted vision or weird feelings in my head that also start the cycle of anxiety. I attribute these things to my derealization, but I'm not sure. I just want to be able to manage my anxiety so that it doesn't control my life. If anyone has gone thru something similar and figured out how to deal with it, please let me know. I am tired of letting this horrible feeling ruin my life
Eddyhdr14
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Extreme anxiety over everything

Postby Cannon_Ball1 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:28 am

Going to University is a big event in peoples lives especially with there being so much pressure on them to get the top grades if they want to get onto graduate schemes. Don't blame yourself for that, its the same for all people who go through it.

You need to set yourself an activity planner for each week where you have study time, assignment time and relax time. And make sure during your relax time you stop thinking about your degree.

Most students dont realise there are very few graduate schemes out there so most people with even a 1st class pass don't get onto them. Why kill yourself with stress over it? Relax and enjoy your degree instead. If you get a 2.1 fine, if you get a 2.2 then thats fine too. Realistically you aren't getting onto a graduate scheme anyway unless you have connections anyway.

With assignments don't let yourself go OCD on them where each sentence has to me a literal masterpiece. Just write the thing. Your health comes first. So just enjoy your study and when you get a job in the field you want you'll discover career progression is mainly about how you deal with your work colleagues and managers. When you master dealing with jealous people (just ignore it) you will sail up the career ladder.

Finally cut back on the coffee. Pulling an all night assignment writing session because you left it to the last minute and drinking 20 cups of coffee to get you through it is not good. Do your activity planner and stick to it, it will reduce your stress levels a lot.
Cannon_Ball1
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anxiety Disorder NOS

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post