Our partner

I'm afraid to go outside :(

Anxiety Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I'm afraid to go outside :(

Postby Nendo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm a 16 years old shy guy, i don't enjoy socializing and when i do i feel absolutely exhausted and drained of energy afterwards, i like to work only in a quiet environment, i get panicked in overcrowded places,i RARELY go outside because when i do people stare at me and i feel like there's something wrong with me..
also my parents hate me because i have NO friends to hang out with.. they keep trying to change me and it really hurts, it makes me feel like I'm not the wanted son.. i mean they treat me like i have some sort of disease. All i want from them is to leave me alone, it's my f* business :( I just want to know, is there anything wrong with me because everyone tries to change me :(

P.S: When i say i hate people who stare at me i don't mean just a simple quick 3 seconds eye contact i mean they STARE AT ME for a long time! especially in my neighbourhood, And when they do i panic! Some of them stare at me and they look like they're holding back their laughter and when i pass they start laughing! then i start asking myself what's wrong with me? Is it because of my acne?am i walking in an improper form? Is it because I'm too skinny? Am i ugly? Even so if I'm ugly are they gonna laugh at me and say"look at that ugly a$$ kid he's so f* ugly! Look at him and laugh!" It's just too hard for me! I just like to stay in my room read books,draw,watch some tv shows and stay alone
Nendo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm afraid to go outside :(

Postby panicroom » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:20 am

Hey! I think it isa self-esteem thing. If you begin doing small things that you are contanted with, for yourself and for others, you will feel much better. You might try- to prove this is it - to solve some kind of tricky technical puzzle, and see that after doing that it is at least some easier to go outside. I think.

All the best!
panicroom
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:30 am
Blog: View Blog (20)

Re: I'm afraid to go outside :(

Postby Neverfeelaccepted » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:56 am

I am afraid to go outside as well. Feel like a prisoner in my home.
Neverfeelaccepted
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anxiety Disorder NOS