Our partner

Millon's ten subtypes

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Millon's ten subtypes

Postby Maupertuis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:28 pm

So... which of Millon's ten subtypes of psychopathy are you?

The Unprincipled Psychopath

Activities kept near or at the boundaries of the law; stereotyped social roles; con man, charlatan, fast-talking used car salesman.

Expansive fantasies and exaggerated sense of self-importance.

Willing to take advantage of and humiliate those who leave themselves open to deceit.

May cultivate persuasiveness or charm as a means of getting others to lower their guard, but sees all prosocial behaviour as ultimately self-serving.

Contemptuous of "the system"; working "the system" to avoid punishment seen as just "part of the game".

The Covetous Psychopath

Sees self as wronfully deprived of life's neccessities, leading to envy and resentment.

Compensates by taking what he or she is entitled to as a means of revenging wrong and restoring "karmic balance" in life.

Sees self as a victim of external forces, misunderstood by others and by society.

Manipulates others as a meaning of proving own superiority, as well as avenging attributions of worthlessness.

Smug and contemptuous toward victims, who may be viewed as pawns in the larger game.

Prone to ostentatious displays of conspicuous consumption.

The Risk-Taking Psychopath

Chronic underarousal leads to risk-taking as means of "feeling alive".

Fails to realize the consequences of risk-taking; believes that social rules are unnecessarily confining of own sense of adventure.

Eschews normal desire for safety as evidence of cowardice.

Proves own mettle as a means of proving self-esteem and worthiness to self and others.

The Disingenuous Psychopath

Superficial sociability (or even seductiveness) hides an impulsive, moody and resentful core.

Emotionally labile, prone to excitement-seeking, stimulus-dependant behaviour, lacking in forethought, with a high potential for painful consequences.

Rationalizes and projects blame onto others when attempts to solicit attention go awry.

The Spineless Psychopath

Aggression not intrinsically rewarding; psychopathic acts intended to others that the psychopath is not weak.

Has first-strike mentality; strikes whenever own fearfulness peaks (perhaps in episodes of panic), regardless of objective degree of threat.

Experiences fantasies of vulnerability; sees others as sadistic or exploiting.

The Abrasive Psychopath

Prefers to be overtly contentious, confrontational, antagonistic rather than indirectly manipulative.

Expects hostility from others, and pre-empts insults with own abrasiveness.

Prefers to escalate arguments; experiences pleasure by frustrating others, making them back down.

Inherently oppositional to any form of emotional control; seeks to break constraints simply because they exist.

The Tyrannical Psychopath

Realizes pleasure through total control of others.

Employs violence instrumentally, to force perceived opponents to cower or submit.

Projects image of power or brutality; supports self-image of power and superiority by inflicting pain and suffering, if not power.

The Explosive Psychopath

Low frustration threshold, resulting in episodes of uncontrollable rage and violent attack.

Episodes may be instantaneous reaction to frustration or perceived insult, and thus may be perceived by others as random and unprovoked.

The Malevolent Psychopath

Hateful, destructive defiance of values of social life.

inherently distrustful, ruthless, cold-blooded, revengeful, punitive.

The Malignant Psychopath

Often isolated, paranoid, with ruminative fantasies of power and revenge.

Sees others as inherently persecutory or treacherous.

Uses hostility as a means of armoring self, forcin adversaries to take issue and withdraw.
Maupertuis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Millon's ten subtypes

Postby MacBuddhaBurger » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:42 pm

None of the above.

8)
The young have aspirations that never come to pass, the old have reminiscences of what never happened.
MacBuddhaBurger
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Greatem » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:41 pm

if i am a Psychopath, then these would be me:
The Unprincipled Psychopath
The Abrasive Psychopath
Greatem
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:36 am

Postby Fallen_Angel73 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Okay I'll be waiting here to see who's gonna be the one who's gonna say they're "spineless".

Alright let's play.

Greatem wrote:The Unprincipled Psychopath
The Abrasive Psychopath

I guess I have a bit of these in me too. Had a long phase that slightly resembled the "malignant" one, but I'm past it. I don't recognize the other ones at all in me.
Fallen_Angel73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Demon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:33 pm

I can relate to these three the most:

The Abrasive Psychopath

Prefers to be overtly contentious, confrontational, antagonistic rather than indirectly manipulative.

Expects hostility from others, and pre-empts insults with own abrasiveness.

Prefers to escalate arguments; experiences pleasure by frustrating others, making them back down.

Inherently oppositional to any form of emotional control; seeks to break constraints simply because they exist.

The Tyrannical Psychopath

Realizes pleasure through total control of others.

Employs violence instrumentally, to force perceived opponents to cower or submit.

Projects image of power or brutality; supports self-image of power and superiority by inflicting pain and suffering, if not power.

The Malignant Psychopath

Often isolated, paranoid, with ruminative fantasies of power and revenge.

Sees others as inherently persecutory or treacherous.

Uses hostility as a means of armoring self, forcing adversaries to take issue and withdraw.
I'm going to show you how good it feels to be bad
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:36 am

Postby Maupertuis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 pm

I guessed you're malignant too, Demon. ;)

Its the only subtype where I fit the full description.

-- Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:39 pm --

anagram wrote:Okay I'll be waiting here to see who's gonna be the one who's gonna say they're "spineless".
Of course unprincipled, covetous, tyrannical, malevolent and malignant aren't intended as praise by psychs, they're just compliments on here. ;)
Maupertuis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby katana » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Maupertuis wrote:
anagram wrote:Of course unprincipled, covetous, tyrannical, malevolent and malignant aren't intended as praise by psychs, they're just compliments on here. ;)

Lol!

Reading various comments on this sort of thing makes me think - i realised that sometimes I don't percieve my own behaviour 100% as accurately as I could do, which is interesting considering I'm not massively bothered by what PD traits I seem to have or not in most cases. Something to take away and think about there.

I might actually try to reply to some of these threads properly at the weekend.
katana
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Little Boy Lost » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:15 am

i see elements of several in myself but especially tyrannical. i am all about power and control. I start getting domineering and mean when that's challenged.
“It is not to be thought that the life of darkness is sunk in misery and lost as if in sorrowing. There is no sorrowing. For sorrow is a thing that is swallowed up in death, and death and dying are the very life of the darkness.”
― Jacob Boehme
Little Boy Lost
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Finite Dreams » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Unprincipled (mainly)
Malignant

Although I'm not a psychopath lol

The unprincipled sounds a lot more like a Narc salesman to me
And the malignant side sounds like the Skizoid aspect to Narcissism (well as close as it can get although, not exactly because I do not see people as inheritly 'evil' because I am far beyond :wink: ).
I love this melo-dramatic teenage girl quote avatar.
I love how the italics make this even more dramatic.
Finite Dreams
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Postby Twinkling Butterfly » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:46 pm

anagram wrote:Okay I'll be waiting here to see who's gonna be the one who's gonna say they're "spineless".
I was thinking the same thing. If I were a 'path, I suppose I would be spineless, and probably lazy, too.

Does anyone know what the "fantasies of vulnerability" bit is about? Are those like masochistic fantasies, or does it refer to a longing for a trustworthy person in one's life?
Twinkling Butterfly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post