Our partner

Controlling urge to kill

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Controlling urge to kill

Postby w1n » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:41 am

lol its quite ironic that im making such a thread considering my last thread. I figured occupying myself with loads of stuff would lower the urges which is why on my last thread i said i would be socializing more. It worked for a while but now they have just started getting stronger its gotten to the point where i have to avoid looking at people or i just started picturing ways i could torture them to death. The concept of getting caught in the act and going to jail doesn't deter me from these urges as much as they use too. Any advice on controlling these urges?
Last edited by w1n on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
w1n
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Controlling urge to kill

Postby Makky » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:53 am

Watch violent movies. Play violent games. Kill animals.

I suppose those are some ways that might subside your urges.

Otherwise, convince yourself that you are not like other people, you are not a slave to your emotions or urges, you can control them.

If you actually want to kill somebody, do it on your own terms. Not when you're not in control but when you actually are.
Hello new friend my name is Fred, the words you hear are in my head. I say I said my name is Fred and I've been very...naaaaughty.
Makky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby w1n » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:18 am

Makky wrote:Watch violent movies. Play violent games. Kill animals.

Otherwise, convince yourself that you are not like other people, you are not a slave to your emotions or urges, you can control them.

If you actually want to kill somebody, do it on your own terms. Not when you're not in control but when you actually are.

Anything relating to violence just makes the urges stronger. I don't want to kill anyone/anything i'm quite sure one wont be enough i'd eventually do something stupid and get caught like others who have given in to their urges.
w1n
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Makky » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:32 am

w1n wrote:

Anything relating to violence just makes the urges stronger. I don't want to kill anyone/anything i'm quite sure one wont be enough i'd eventually do something stupid and get caught like others who have given in to their urges.

You are right. Killing someone will lead you to want to do it again until you get bored in old age.

My advice would be to perhaps go in the opposite direction then. Try and find things that relax you and wind you down. Meditate. All these things apparently help. Center yourself and so on.

Like I said you should never let anything control you. Otherwise you're weaker than it and you'd be admitting it. That's not very ASPDish at all.
Hello new friend my name is Fred, the words you hear are in my head. I say I said my name is Fred and I've been very...naaaaughty.
Makky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MHM » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:46 am

Play video games or do some hobby that doesn't involve other people until you forget.
Proud members of the Geriatric Spice Group
Pika Spice & ??? Spice
MHM
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:02 am

Postby Demon » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 am

Take up martial arts. It teaches you discipline and self-control and when you're not training or doing things to occupy your mind, beat the shlt out of a boxing bag. It can relieve the aggression and urges to some degree.

I've been getting urges to kill for over 23 years. While all those things I told you can relieve them to some degree, they'll likely come back again. Mine always do. Then it's just rinse and repeat or kill.
Last edited by Demon on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to show you how good it feels to be bad
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby w1n » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:35 am

Makky wrote:
w1n wrote:

You are right. Killing someone will lead you to want to do it again until you get bored in old age.

My advice would be to perhaps go in the opposite direction then. Try and find things that relax you and wind you down. Meditate. All these things apparently help. Center yourself and so on.

Like I said you should never let anything control you. Otherwise you're weaker than it and you'd be admitting it. That's not very ASPDish at all.

lol i dont have ASPD i have an urge to kill but im not a violent person.
w1n
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Demon » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 am

w1n wrote:lol i dont have ASPD i have an urge to kill but im not a violent person.

Something has to be triggering them. A stressor most likely.

Can you remember what you were doing when you first experienced the urge?

Is this the first time you've experienced the urges?
I'm going to show you how good it feels to be bad
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Makky » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:49 am

w1n wrote:lol i dont have ASPD i have an urge to kill but im not a violent person.

Then I suggest you think of all the guilt it will bring upon you and the sadness it will cause to yourself and others. Killing isn't an easy thing for the vast majority of people. You'll have nightmares and even experience something similar to PTSD.

I'm sure you're just a ball of rage but surely it can't be that hard to control. Otherwise you very well may have expressed it in other ways? Most teenage males have a period where they get all dark and moody and may feel like 'killing' someone. I seriously doubt you would ever do anything such as this as you are not even ASPD or particularly all that angry with anyone. Perhaps you are suffering from depression or just need to find yourself a girlfriend. Depression can often express itself in males by anger instead of just sadness.

If you actually are about to kill someone. Please be my guest. You'd end up way more screwed up by it than any of the victim's family.
Makky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby w1n » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:14 am

Makky wrote:

Then I suggest you think of all the guilt it will bring upon you and the sadness it will cause to yourself and others. Killing isn't an easy thing for the vast majority of people. You'll have nightmares and even experience something similar to PTSD.

I'm sure you're just a ball of rage but surely it can't be that hard to control. Otherwise you very well may have expressed it in other ways? Most teenage males have a period where they get all dark and moody and may feel like 'killing' someone. I seriously doubt you would ever do anything such as this as you are not even ASPD or particularly all that angry with anyone. Perhaps you are suffering from depression or just need to find yourself a girlfriend. Depression can often express itself in males by anger instead of just sadness.

If you actually are about to kill someone. Please be my guest. You'd end up way more screwed up by it than any of the victim's family.

I'm very sure it wouldn't make me feel guilty or sad, i've done alot of things people would consider bad and i've never felt sad or guilt towards the people i have used or hurt. I did at one point speculate depression but the only symptom of depression I exhibit is emotional numbness. My urges are not out of anger, It is something I really want to act on, just thinking about it makes me happy and arouses me. As for the girlfriend don't really need one, relationships = pleasure(emotional pleasure, sexual pleasure or both), its only the sex that interests me and i dont have any difficulties getting girls, especially since i started daygaming.I hope you're right and this is just a phase i've heard it from someone else before that most teens go through a dark phase ill do more research on it.
w1n
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post