Our partner

The Official Off Topic Thread

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: The Official Off Topic Thread

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Greebo wrote:I’ve not spoken to him but terms like dispersed or scattered are usually what come to mind to describe courtiers personality when he’s not focused on something.

In fact the way I visualise it is as a consciousness floating free without any attachment in a cloud of personality dust, which coalesces into a solid whole when stimulated and then atomises again when there isn’t any motivation to hold it together.

That’s not a psychodynamic analogy btw, just the impression I get. I’m sure he’d score as an extrovert on a self report test but I wonder sometimes if traits like introversion and extroversion can really be applied to a personality characterised primarily by it’s absence in that way.

Lol. You saying I have no personality Greebo? :)

But yes quite insightful. I was afraid of trying to describe this without resorting to Christian Bale
https://youtu.be/CAEq3mdOYBU?t=118

ZeroZ wrote:So Reaper and SS its been suggested might be identifying or maybe forcing a personality trait that isn’t natural to their core personality.

Where was that suggested? I read Greebo quite differently here to you, if you meant the post I just quoted. Though, it wouldn't be the first blunder I've made on a Greebo post this week and so it's quite possible that I need it explaining to me
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:30 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:
ZeroZ wrote:So Reaper and SS its been suggested might be identifying or maybe forcing a personality trait that isn’t natural to their core personality.

Where was that suggested?

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't see any post suggesting that. I responded to it anyway.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 am

Postby ZeroZ » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Reaper you said he wasn’t extroverted because he was quiet on the phone. As far as Greebo I dunno sounded like that to me but who knows
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:56 pm

ZeroZ wrote:Reaper you said he wasn’t extroverted because he was quiet on the phone.

I said he doesn't come across as extroverted. I didn't say he's not. I personally don't believe he is, but I don't know him in real life, so I can't say for certain if that's true or not.

I never said anything about him forcing a personality trait that isn't natural to his core, and nobody as far as I can tell, even made that suggestion about me, except you of course:

So Reaper and SS its been suggested might be identifying or maybe forcing a personality trait that isn’t natural to their core personality

Do you just pull things out your ass here or what.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZeroZ » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:09 pm

Reaper wrote:
solemnlysworn wrote:Probably hints at me being an extrovert

You've never come across as extroverted in any of the voice chats we've had. You seemed very introverted.

If you were extroverted it would show. You would have participated more in the group chats, but you were always very quiet, never really spoke much.

Did I misunderstand this too?
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:15 pm

Feel free to show me where I said, or suggested, that he's forcing a personality trait that isn't natural to his core, because I'm not seeing it.

Your comment includes me as well, implying that someone else suggested that about both SS and I when nobody did at all.
Last edited by Reaper on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZeroZ » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Reaper wrote:Feel free to show me where I said, or even suggested, that he's forcing a personality trait that isn't natural to his core, because I'm not seeing it.

Your comment includes me as well, implying that someone else suggested that about both SS and I when nobody did at all.

Christ almighty, read that again, all of it. He’s testing as an extrovert and you said he can’t be because of the way he comes off. Therefore he is forcing the outcome of the test. And my statement was just a general thought not aimed at either of you, I just used it as an example because it made me think of something. You seem determined to take it personally so I won’t get in the way
Last edited by ZeroZ on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:18 pm

You're gonna have to try harder than that, Z.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IDeerInHeadlightsI » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:26 pm

It's my stupid freaking mark of one year passed again and I figured out that I have literally achieved nothing. I still have no clue what I want to do in my life and I realised the only thing that I have done that's made me happy in my life is made candles.

Woop.
THE DAY AFTER MONDAY WHEN MY SEROTONIN IS DEPLETED
IDeerInHeadlightsI
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Postby justonemoreperson » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Start a business selling candles.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post