Our partner

Is it fashionable to be a Soziopath?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Is it fashionable to be a Soziopath?

Postby DvH » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:04 pm

I very recently joined these forums and have spent a good deal of time reading through various topics. One thing I've noticed is a huge pissing match between some of the board members who want to be the very best like no one ever was. Is there some kind of award banquet for best sociopath of the year? I'm referring directly to those that end every other comment with statements such as 'I FEEL NO EMOTIONS.' and "CONTROLLING MY VICTIMS MAKES ME FEEL...". Seriously, I know you're going for that Dexter/Alex (Clockwork Orange) image of badassery, but when you're communicating with people that have genuine emotional and psychological problems, you bare a more similar likeness to the Nihilists of The Big Lebowski. "I BELIEVE IN NAHTHING! I BELIEVE IN NAHTHING!"
DvH
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 20, 2018 4:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is it fashionable to be a Soziopath?

Postby Tusk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Exactly, kids assume emotional coldness = sociopathy and that sociopathy = "extreme badass look at me im super alpha i hav no emotiuns!!11", thankfully, it doesn't work that way, and the posing wannabes are easily detected. This is actually why I went to the schizoid forum when I first came here, I assumed the AsPD section was full of these people so I found a substitute section :)
Mental suffering or neolithic creatures trying to live in a modern and civilized world?
Tusk
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun May 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Postby johnf » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:41 pm

It's unfortunately almost as fashionable as being a vampire.
Kill in a war you're a hero.
Kill on the street you're a murderer.
johnf
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby reticulator » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:31 pm

They less want to be actual sociopaths than have the ability to switch off their emotions. I have to admit the sociopaths lack of fear could be a good quality in some situations. Overly sensitive people probably don't want to deal with all the emotions they must feel, and sometimes envy the sociopaths ability to lack care for things.

I think what they really want is a "killswitch" for their emotions.. or the ability to switch them off when they need to and on again when it would be beneficial.
reticulator
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby kanin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:05 pm

johnf wrote:It's unfortunately almost as fashionable as being a vampire.

Almost. :P
kanin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Poke » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:43 pm

kanin wrote:
johnf wrote:It's unfortunately almost as fashionable as being a vampire.

Almost. :P

CUZ VAMPIRES ARE SOCIOPATHS WITH SPESHAL POWARS LOLOL
Poke
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby reticulator » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Of course... you ever seen twilight? Anyone that could have contributed to the creation of those movies must be sociopaths!
reticulator
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tusk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:23 pm

reticulator wrote:Of course... you ever seen twilight? Anyone that could have contributed to the creation of those movies must be sociopaths!

Sociopaths? Screw that! not evil enough.. they must have been nazi/NPD hybrids! :)
Mental suffering or neolithic creatures trying to live in a modern and civilized world?
Tusk
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby wooster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:16 am

DvH wrote:sozio
You can safely let go of that old German façade here. Relax
wooster
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby gwilly » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:31 am

Solution: stop giving a ###$.

Seriously. By calling out poseurs you still make a fad of it by setting up the 'legit' types to be 'legit'. "I'm a for reals psychopath, yo! You be frontin!" It's crockery on both sides.
gwilly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post