Our partner

psychopathy and adhd medication

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

psychopathy and adhd medication

Postby Scarlett5 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:15 am

I got diagnosed with adhd when I was eight
that and apparently oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder according to my older brother
my parents hid the test result forms from me so I don't have complete proof

but basically I'm sixteen and I just started adhd medication. I've been taking 36 mg of concerta. Im almost positive I'm a psycopath/have aspd. I haven't been offically diagnosed, a. because psycologists cannot diagnose anybody under the age of 18 with aspd, and b. because I never plan on having that be on my medical records, and I know everybody on this website is going to come after me and claim i cant be sure and whatever shlt but I just want to know the effects of an adhd medication such as concerta on individuals with aspd.
It hasnt improved my focus very much, its f$cked up my appetite and I can't quite tell what its done emotionally. I suppose its made me a little flatter then I already was emotionally, nothing noticeable. Is it worth it to keep taking it or should I pawn it off at school? I'm mainly concerned about the effects on the way it makes my brain function in terms of observations and interactions with people and weight loss.
Scarlett5
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: psychopathy and adhd medication

Postby EllaBlack » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:22 am

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29958238

To evaluate the effect of 3 months of methylphenidate (MPH) treatment on psychopathic behavior in children having attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) with and without comorbid oppositional defiant disorder (ODD). Twenty-seven children with Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth ed., ADHD (13 female/14 male; aged 13.3±2.2 years old) were compared to an age/sex matched ADHD/ODD group (N=27, eight female/19 male; aged 11.8±1.9 years). The attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder rating scale (ADHD-RS) and the California Child Q-Set (CCQ) were used in both groups before MPH treatment (0.8-1.2 mg/kg/day) and 3 months thereafter. Significant reduction in the ADHD-RS scores was detected following MPH treatment in both the ADHD/ODD group and in the ADHD group (P<0.0011 and P=0.0012, respectively). Reduction in the CCQ scores was obtained in the ADHD/ODD group (P=0.0001) but not in in the ADHD group (P=0.18). A correlation was found between the reductions in the ADHD-RS and CCQ scores following MPH treatment in the ADHD/ODD group (Spearman's r=0.43, P=0.024). MPH treatment in children with ADHD/ODD was associated with reduction in psychopathic scores, and the reduction correlated with a corresponding improvement in their ADHD severity.
you two are on my foe list
EllaBlack
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ZeroZ » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Your brain is still developing, some kids with conduct disorders become psychopaths or ASPD but not all I forget the percentage but I’m pretty sure it’s around 20-30% either way there is a good chance you will get it together as you age.

With the meds, communicate with your psychiatrist, that’s what they are there for to tweak your meds. Do yourself a favor and don’t try to figure this out on your own, you never will. Just tell the DR. What is going on let them figure it out that’s what they are getting paid to do.
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Jonna » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Your brother is gas-lighting. If they wanted to hide it from you, they would've hid it from him.
Jonna
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 am

Postby Sarandipity » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Not a doctor.

My eldest son who is 19 now was from nursery school hounded by teachers (I was) because they wanted to label him with ADHD. His father ticks every box for ASPD so I didn't let them label him mostly because I didn't want him to be put on meds. He is how he is but he has a good job and a gf so I feel I did the right thing because other boys his age who were diagnosed ADHD are in prison or have no qualifications.

You seem very sensible and switched on. I didn't look into effects of meds but it seems like something you could research and then decide. You're taking them now so you are finding out how they personally effect you which will take about 3 months usually to fully know if they're having a positive effect on you. Maybe keep a daily journal to note how you were that day? - mood, if you made sensible choices that conform with society or not, if you feel it's a positive or negative effect on you. Medication effects everyone differently so it could be either way. I've been on various meds and when I ask other people they tend to effect them differently so it's worth to focus on how they effect you personally.

Much Luck
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:01 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby poxalis » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm

that's one of the best drugs to take daily. jmo.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:04 pm

EllaBlack wrote:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29958238

To evaluate the effect of 3 months of methylphenidate (MPH) treatment on psychopathic behavior in children having attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) with and without comorbid oppositional defiant disorder (ODD). Twenty-seven children with Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth ed., ADHD (13 female/14 male; aged 13.3±2.2 years old) were compared to an age/sex matched ADHD/ODD group (N=27, eight female/19 male; aged 11.8±1.9 years). The attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder rating scale (ADHD-RS) and the California Child Q-Set (CCQ) were used in both groups before MPH treatment (0.8-1.2 mg/kg/day) and 3 months thereafter. Significant reduction in the ADHD-RS scores was detected following MPH treatment in both the ADHD/ODD group and in the ADHD group (P<0.0011 and P=0.0012, respectively). Reduction in the CCQ scores was obtained in the ADHD/ODD group (P=0.0001) but not in in the ADHD group (P=0.18). A correlation was found between the reductions in the ADHD-RS and CCQ scores following MPH treatment in the ADHD/ODD group (Spearman's r=0.43, P=0.024). MPH treatment in children with ADHD/ODD was associated with reduction in psychopathic scores, and the reduction correlated with a corresponding improvement in their ADHD severity.

So, basically, the medication reduced their psychopathy to some degree. There's no indication of how significant the reduction was though.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post