Our partner

Entropy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Entropy

Postby Manners73 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:14 pm

How this relates to aspd may not be apparent but its a new word that I learned today.

Been reading about the universe and all that and it seems to me that there is nothing more rebellious on such a grand scale than the universe we live in.

My new word of the day (correct me if I'm wrong) spells out to me the certainty of a universe that is slowly developing and at the same time self destructing.

I love this.

Wondering if any of this can relate on a personal level.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Entropy

Postby justonemoreperson » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:02 pm

If it wasn't for this then I don't think Personality disorders (or most mental health issues) would exist.

It's always harder to build than to destroy, and so maintaining structure requires constant vigilance and effort. Any slip and it's gone.

If structure was easier then there'd be no need for therapy, principles, religion, society, laws etc.

Kind of makes me think that either god doesn't exist, or is a real sadistic twat; putting people in an environment where everything they do is constantly threatened by chaos and destruction and then giving those creatures free will and putting them together on the same planet.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Manners73 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 pm

England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:If it wasn't for this then I don't think Personality disorders (or most mental health issues) would exist.

It's always harder to build than to destroy, and so maintaining structure requires constant vigilance and effort. Any slip and it's gone.

If structure was easier then there'd be no need for therapy, principles, religion, society, laws etc.

Kind of makes me think that either god doesn't exist, or is a real sadistic twat; putting people in an environment where everything they do is constantly threatened by chaos and destruction and then giving those creatures free will and putting them together on the same planet.

I just love the thought that we are in chaos and that we're here for no other reason other than to exist. There's something about the thought that makes me feel strong.

I'm mental and there's no getting away from that but if entropy has any place in psychology or personality disorders then that would mean that (for everyone), as the winds of time blows then our once perfect structure of personality (in the past) gets blown into the future. Some may say destroyed but maybe its just the structure of one's self that has changed due to the force or pressure that has bee applied.

I'm going off here I know but I feel this needs careful consideration.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Manners73 wrote:
I just love the thought that we are in chaos and that we're here for no other reason other than to exist. There's something about the thought that makes me feel strong.

That makes sense. There's a common thought that all that mankind has ever created, beyond self-preservation, is done through a fear of losing everything, which is the way of the universe.

Buddhism teaches that everything we have is already lost; it's just a matter of time, and so stressing about losing things makes no sense, as losing it is guaranteed.

Once you lose the fear of chaos then 'things' become less important and it opens us up to experience what is now.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Yes.. That's what I'm talking about.

I didn't know it to be a Buddhist thing as well.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Manners73 wrote:Yes.. That's what I'm talking about.

I didn't know it to be a Buddhist thing as well.

I'm sure there's more to it than that. To me, it's that and an orange dress.

Have you ever tried SCUBA diving, Manners? If not, i think it's maybe one you could add to a list of 'one day' goals. It separates you from most of the physical laws we expect day to day and immerses you in controlled chaos. I think you'd appreciate it, and you don't get yelled at for going through red lights.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Siegfried » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:06 am

Yeah, most conversations do end at the mention of SCUBA diving.
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Postby Manners73 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:08 am

Lol

Never been scuba diving JOMP.

in fact the last time I went swimming in the sea I was stung by a jellyfish and a big German man on a raft had to come to my rescue.

Quite funny and a bit sexy as well.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:46 am

Siegfried wrote:Yeah, most conversations do end at the mention of SCUBA diving.

I have been described as a social grenade, maybe it's my SCUBA stories.

Manners73 wrote:
the last time I went swimming in the sea I was stung by a jellyfish and a big German man on a raft
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post