Our partner

I feel like people who claim to have empathy/guilt are stuck

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

I feel like people who claim to have empathy/guilt are stuck

Postby Chainsaw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:38 pm

in a f##king matrix, and they pretend to feel empathy and related emotions although they are no longer aware of it. I actually believe my own feelings and thoughts are the norm. I've had this issue for years. It's also just the fact that people are so hypocrite. One example is my friend, who sadistically beated up the brother of someone who once bullied me. Yet this person never cared about what she did to me when I was a younger kid. If I go through the biographies of the majority of those who are in my life they all seem to fit the criteria for ASPD yet I somehow make up 1% of these cases (I'm female). Is this disordered thinking? Is there any objective proof that these people are NOT aware of the fact that they are all a bunch of egoists themselves?
Female, born in 1998 
Chainsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I feel like people who claim to have empathy/guilt are stuck

Postby justonemoreperson » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:05 pm

People always do whatever they need to do to work through their own psychology. Most people are conditioned to attach that to rules and principles.

Your friend probably wanted to beat the f*ck out of someone and chose to use your bully as a socially acceptable target.

Trying to find reason in it, when you're applying binary vales of "empathy / no empathy" reduces it all to a simple decision, which it's not for most.

Why does it matter?
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Chainsaw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:38 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:People always do whatever they need to do to work through their own psychology. Most people are conditioned to attach that to rules and principles.

Your friend probably wanted to beat the f*ck out of someone and chose to use your bully as a socially acceptable target.

Trying to find reason in it, when you're applying binary vales of "empathy / no empathy" reduces it all to a simple decision, which it's not for most.

Why does it matter?

It should not really matter but my probable lack of empathy makes things so mysterious.

When people told me they were truly scared of me I truly believe they were simply trying to manipulate a prosecutor into giving me a higher sentence.

I don't believe anyone loves me since I never felt this towards anyone myself.

People appear to be guided a lot by their emotions; they blamed someone else's mistake on me because they could not believe their sister/friend/anyone else was capable of what they did and I must have influenced their family member in a bad way.

Those situations triggerd witch hunts against me, over and over again. I could never relate to the lack of objectivity. Some of those of the witch hunts truly want me dead. Yes, it appears their feelings are so serious but it all seems so hypocrite and unrelateable.

In this way it matters because it affected my life so much, yet it's something I can never truly grasp.
Female, born in 1998 
Chainsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Fool » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Chainsaw wrote:
justonemoreperson wrote:People always do whatever they need to do to work through their own psychology. Most people are conditioned to attach that to rules and principles.

Why does it matter?

It should not really matter but my probable lack of empathy makes things so mysterious.

When people told me they were truly scared of me I truly believe they were simply trying to manipulate a prosecutor into giving me a higher sentence.

I don't believe anyone loves me since I never felt this towards anyone myself.

People appear to be guided a lot by their emotions; they blamed someone else's mistake on me because they could not believe their sister/friend/anyone else was capable of what they did and I must have influenced their family member in a bad way.

Those situations triggerd witch hunts against me, over and over again. I could never relate to the lack of objectivity. Some of those of the witch hunts truly want me dead. Yes, it appears their feelings are so serious but it all seems so hypocrite and unrelateable.

In this way it matters because it affected my life so much, yet it's something I can never truly grasp.

everyone pretends to have empathy and care but that doesn't mean thy don't have empathy or can't care

so you're probably right most of the time, but sometimes you'll meet people that aren't just compost, and it's important to appreciate that imo.
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post