Our partner

Enneagram

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Enneagram

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:11 am

fiveintime wrote:Nobody cares specifically where you live Reaper. Nobody's going to come to Adelaide.

Yeah, I know, because they're full of shlt, all talk and no action...

I don't think your stalkers/fanboys are going to show up at your door or anything.

I don't know if I even have any stalkers still. I'm not concerned about that anyway.

poxalis wrote:i don't know. she could be swatted.

Somebody already tried that shlt once, years ago. Some bitch who thought she had my address reported me to the police and told them that I was threatening to hurt someone or something to that effect. I know because she recorded the conversation to the police as proof that she'd done it.

She didn't have the correct address though, so if the cops came banging on the door it wasn't to my house...
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:57 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:03 am

You seem to have missed this post, eight.

ViniStonemoss wrote:
Eight wrote:Most of those who've been around for awhile know something of my story. But I'll reiterate. Daughter of a parent with NPD. Probably some AsPD traits as well. And alcoholic. Fairly chaotic family life.

I appreciate your self-disclosure but I had something else in mind. Specifically: Why do you react the way you react in this thread? What is your story in relation to this thread?

For instance, why do you often side with Jomp over Reaper? Is there something in particular about Reaper's seemingly monolithic personality that triggers you?

Do you enjoy equal footing type of exchanges on the forum? Or do you prefer asymmetrical relationships?

It seems a little unfair to be purposefully taunting Reaper (or anyone else), and put their motivations through the shredder without being forward about yours.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eight » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:26 am

Reaper wrote:You seem to have missed this post, eight.

I did. Kind of you to requote it. :wink:

ViniStonemoss wrote:
Eight wrote:Most of those who've been around for awhile know something of my story. But I'll reiterate. Daughter of a parent with NPD. Probably some AsPD traits as well. And alcoholic. Fairly chaotic family life.

I appreciate your self-disclosure but I had something else in mind. Specifically: Why do you react the way you react in this thread? What is your story in relation to this thread?

I am an Enneagram 8.

For instance, why do you often side with Jomp over Reaper? Is there something in particular about Reaper's seemingly monolithic personality that triggers you?

I didn't, and don't, see it as taking sides. In this exchange, reading both Jomp's and Reaper's posts, I understood Jomp's and they made sense to me -- Reaper's less so. That doesn't mean I'm on Jomp's side nor that I'm triggered by Reaper. If anything, I'd be more apt to be triggered by Jomp.

Do you enjoy equal footing type of exchanges on the forum? Or do you prefer asymmetrical relationships?

Both. I like the play between equals and I like the dance of asymmetricals.

It seems a little unfair to be purposefully taunting Reaper (or anyone else), and put their motivations through the shredder without being forward about yours.

Was I taunting? Is that how you read it? I wasn't. I'm a lot more direct when I'm taunting.
"Taunting"? "Putting... through the shredder"? I think you misread me. Or are putting an overlay of your own onto me.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby poxalis » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:11 am

reaper has a personality that makes others want to rise up and correct. most people can't ignore that urge. it's something you have to learn to ignore from continued exposure to like-minded people. you assume there is an end game. that you are moving towards a solution. you aren't. it's like hitting your head against a wall. reaper will forever be reaper. enjoy it. she's made "monolithic" by thrashing your head against her wall. she's just as complex as the rest of us but most want to fight her about things she cannot help but to fight back about. she'll defend herself to the end of time.

which leaves no room for small talk.

ViniStonemoss wrote:For instance, why do you often side with Jomp over Reaper? Is there something in particular about Reaper's seemingly monolithic personality that triggers you?
crystal richardson wrote:I want you all to look retarded.
I've succeeded.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Postby salles » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Eight wrote:
salles wrote:
justonemoreperson wrote:I think you get very different results if you answer based on how you think you are versus how you think others see you.
A negative self-image would definitely change the results.

Lots of things affect the results. Medication especially; whether you just started them, are immune to them, coming off them...etc..
Environment, fatigue, mood....
I could do it daily and get a different result every time.

People approach the tests incorrectly - the longer validated tests are the only ones with any real validity - the shorter ones mentioned her serve just as an introduction and point you in some possible directions to explore about yourself.

@ Eight .. I did the test you recommended. It was more detailed for sure.
Results:
type 4 - score = 24
type 9 - score = 23
type 5 - score = 23

so it is almost a tie between 4,9,5.
Anyway I am happy to have read that Alan Edgar Poe was a 4. as well as lots of amazing artists. Not so happy the character Blanche dubois is rated 4 also. I am nothing like her and I concluded she had HPD after watching that movie.
But as with every test I have a strong mix of several traits.
With some questions, neither answer fitted but there was enough of a volume of questions for that to be not so important.
It is very detailed... May take a life-time to read. I am currently not that interested in self reflection, but I'll save it to read when the mood changes.
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Postby Eight » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:16 pm

salles-
There is a lot to the Enneagram. Much more than most people care to delve into. Some people spend years and years learning the system and applying it's complexity; some make careers of it successfully as it's moved into company/business application.

The best tests were created by psychologists and validated through independent testing companies; they usually comprise about 250 questions and have a fee of about $10-$20. These are the tests that psychs might use - though the Enneagram isn't considered a diagnostic clinical tool, it's used generally by more and more psychologists.

There is something called trifix, salles. It's one of the next steps in observing yourself thru the lens of the Enneagram. It's the idea that people clearly aren't just one type, but a mix with some dominant types expressing in them, and others barely expressed.
The Enneagram model suggests we have three centers: heart, head, body.
Heart centered people = types 2,3,4; Head = types 5, 6, 7; Body/Gut = 8, 9, 1

Your scores already tell you what your preferences are in each center. Watch yourself and see if this is true for you.

If you took a good test, tell me what your lowest scored type was, pls.
And you might want to ask yourself: what happened to that part of me that it all but disappeared?
Last edited by Eight on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:57 am

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:19 pm

4(5)9 is fairly consistent with SPD, I'd say, and probably quite reflective of salles

-- Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:28 pm --

Reaper and Mrs B quick n dirty side-by-side, before bed:

Reaper's tritype is probably 368 in some variation or other and sp sx. (so is the weak spot for you), 3 (I think a large part of your identity on here revolves around being impressive/admired rather than accepted/liked. Wonder if you agree with that). And 6 because of the way it works with 3 and 8 - Reaper is a trouble-shooter. Pokes holes in places others dont see but is particularly nuanced. She'd make a good programmer or, like I said before, lawyer, especially sticking to black-letter/transaction-based stuff. 8 because control and rage.

MrsB is probably 278 (not necessarily that order, again) and sp so (accumulation of social capital on the forum after "figuring it out", as you said, is pretty indicative of so). Blind spot sx (you get it in hot flushes), 2 (you get to people by figuring out what they need and playing with that, not necessarily by just by force. Reaper is much more 8 inclined - bull in china shop style). 8 because control and rage.

ESTP for both is okay but I'd actually go ISTP for reaper for reasons based on her introversion/extroversion, and more convoluted stuff based on cognitive functions. But you would then actually share the same functions, except Mrs B would have Se-Ti-Fe-Ni and Reaper Ti-Se-Ni-Fe. Extraverted feeling, Fe, is almost certainly in reaps' inferior position. Ni probably for mrs b but dunno.

I wrote this about reaper in 2016. It's probably still accurate, if a little lacking in nuance, and emphasising aspects about grandiosity that can be ascribed to low-level 8s rather than the 3 indicated here
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:36 pm

[...] so (social) which is inherently people focussed, can still be quite detached, especially when paired with the type 5 tendency for solitude.

sp (self-preserving) is like it sounds, with a heavy focus on security and comfort and basically grooming your environment to settle to a standstill. Everything under your control and nothing unpredictable. so (social) is more inclined to be people related because it readily navigates or reads power dynamics and structures, scaling up the ladder to the place where they have maximum impact - social-climbers, activists, etc. they know how to move people around to get ahead. 5 Sos are like a sleuth or commentator, outside the social dynamic but wanting to observe it, etc. sx (Sexual) is like lust, based on urges and intensity and a 'spark', tending to want to be excited rather than in control or in people's graces so they can rise to the top. More like how we might think about AsPD.

Hey, this thread was actually good antisocial-personality/topic156437.html
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Eight wrote:The best tests were created by psychologists and validated through independent testing companies; they usually comprise about 250 questions and have a fee of about $10-$20.

Is there a test online that you'd suggest that doesn't cost anything? If so, can you link it.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:04 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:Reaper's tritype is probably 368 in some variation or other and sp sx. (so is the weak spot for you), 3 (I think a large part of your identity on here revolves around being impressive/admired rather than accepted/liked. Wonder if you agree with that).

Disagree. I don't care to be impressive or admired. What would be the point of that? You're all strangers to me. I do like to brag and boast at times, but that's only because I'm proud of the things I've done.

I'm not looking to be accepted or liked either. All I want, all I've ever wanted, is to be able to share my experiences and gain some insight into what makes me the way I am. That's the only reason I ever joined this forum to begin with.

ESTP for both is okay but I'd actually go ISTP for reaper for reasons based on her introversion/extroversion, and more convoluted stuff based on cognitive functions. But you would then actually share the same functions, except Mrs B would have Se-Ti-Fe-Ni and Reaper Ti-Se-Ni-Fe. Extraverted feeling, Fe, is almost certainly in reaps' inferior position. Ni probably for mrs b but dunno.

I get ESTP because I like socializing more often than not. Occasionally I go through phases where I don't care to socialize with anyone, but they don't last as a long as the social phases do. I think the fact that I like going to group events like car/motorcycle shows and concerts etc is what makes me more on the extroverted side too.

Extraverted feeling, Fe, is almost certainly in reaps' inferior position.

What do you mean?
Last edited by Reaper on Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post