Our partner

What is it about this place

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

What is it about this place

Postby ZeroZ » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:16 pm

I’ve noticed it’s essentially the same posters year after year on here that return some under different user names myself included. Some have anti social disorders a lot don’t, some have traits and have been in the legal system some haven’t, some people have no traits of the disorder. For whatever reason we all end up back on here.

Is it a replacement for a social life aside from real life, is it the interesting characters here, what is the reason for you?

I’m not sure I know, I’ve left with intentions to not come back and came back for certain friends on here other than that I’m really not sure it might just be an escape from reality for me, from the day to day crappola. I often think it’s not healthy to over analyze myself so much and I’m causing more problems than I’m solving by being here at times.
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What is it about this place

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:20 pm

I'm not sure, really. It has helped me in many ways and I also find that I read stuff from people I'd not otherwise talk to.

Some people have surprised me, which has led me to rethink some of my preconceptions, which is never a bad thing.

Other than that, killing time when I'm working and waiting for something to happen.

I got bored with the place a few years ago and left for about 18 months; I guess it's a bit like Hotel California: you can check out but never leave.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Manners73 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:31 pm

I'll have to think about this one or else I might run the risk of sounding platitudinous (if that's a word).
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Seili » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:45 pm

99% of the time I wish people would just ignore me..
It is the mark of an..curious mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Seili
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Postby Reaper » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:14 pm

I've questioned why I keep returning here multiple times and I don't have the answer to that. I think it's partly because I'm still trying to figure myself out. I don't think I ever will at this point. And there are interesting posts, so there are still things to learn here, even if it doesn't seem like it most of the time.

Sometimes I enjoy the drama that unfolds here on occasion. Sometimes I wish there was more of it, and other times I couldn't give a shlt.

Sometimes I think about leaving permanently and have tried to a couple of times, but alas, the exit sign only leads you right back to Hell again.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:24 am

Postby ZeroZ » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 pm

Seili wrote:99% of the time I wish people would just ignore me..

Why do you come here if that’s the case?
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Postby Reaper » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:25 pm

ZeroZ wrote:I’ve left with intentions to not come back and came back for certain friends on here

What do you define as a 'friend' here?
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:24 am

Postby Seili » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:34 pm

ZeroZ wrote:
Seili wrote:99% of the time I wish people would just ignore me..

Why do you come here if that’s the case?

Why does anyone come here. To throw a comment here and there. To share thoughts.
It is the mark of an..curious mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Seili
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Postby salles » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:58 pm

I was wondering this the other day and formulated an explanation which made perfect sense.
I forget it tho'
I'll just list what I like about here. ... sometimes.
-People are not as judgemental here as on other forums or irl.
-They don't get into a knot about stuff other people over-react to eg. natural catastrophes, crime, politics, religion....No one gives a sh1t which I like.
- One can be moody here without people becoming alarmed.
-There is no pretence about caring.
-There is less neediness to become attached. F*ck I have had two offers to skype on another forum and am so happy no one asks me here :=)
-There is no real right v's wrong attitude here. People's opinions are accepted regardless of whether or not they have stats and facts to back them up.
-It is reasonably busy. I like the conversations on schizoid forum but one has to wait weeks for a reply.
-People here write well, have depth of thought, are politically incorrect,can be batsh1t crazy and can have wicked dark humour .... which I like.

Hate the emojis tho'
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Postby Manners73 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:05 pm

I like the way there's no pretence as well.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post