Our partner

weird habits.

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: weird habits.

Postby saucygirl31 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:47 am

now sht got interesting.
- ur gril saucy
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:16 am

I hadn't thought that pushing a door after locking it is particularly odd, nor slinging a rucksack over one shoulder.

I have everything in pockets and bags and the like in a right order. Keys go in one pocket, tobacco in another place, my phone in its own. It seems quite normal but I'm particular about it and will often fuss in the car sorting my pockets out if I left in a hurry and so didn't do so properly.

When people are invited over, I am particular about them touching my books or my piano - actually any of my things - unless I feel like they are "deserving." It's an odd thing to try to describe but for instance if somebody is able to play the piano well then I have no problem with them sitting at it. Sometimes they don't even need to be able to play. There is something I cant quite grasp whereby I really don't want them fiddling with my things if they don't charm me.

I have a bag ready to go at a moment's notice. Not that I couldn't just disappear without any of my things but it's there in any case. I've tended to keep one wherever I've lived and will generally have one at hotels and the like too.

I buy and change socks, underwear and t-shirts more often than people think I need to. Similarly, I don't like keeping bed linen for very long. I don't like wearing them until the end of their material life. It feels awful. I want crisp clean shirts where the fabric still feels fresh at every wear on my skin.

I strip down my phones and computers so that they are practically barren of stored data except what is necessary. I don't like my devices being cluttered. I have a similar thing with my external environment too. I don't like having rubbish around me and so I often throw out things that might seem sentimental to others but just get on my nerves existing in my space.

Often I'll sleep on the floor because it's cool. I leave most windows open all night

Since I was a child, I've generally been up all through the night. I prefer to sleep in the day. When I was younger, it meant moving around in the dark since I didn't want to wake anybody and get into trouble. I tend to prefer to exercise in the early hours of the morning too, with walks or runs at 2-4am or going to a 24-hour gym. I used to go exploring quite often late at night with a lock-picking set which I think I've talked about in the past.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:47 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:37 am

On clutter, I do keep loose papers I'd been writing on, thinking that I'll want to keep hold of them, but never do get back to them and periodically scoop them off desks and the piano and tables and whatever else in a purge and throw them away.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:55 am

Sometimes I'm quite okay being a slob and fairly messy - bed unmade, etc. Other times I am very particular about silly things like while preparing food where my knife is placed on the counter, or bowls and dishes.

My desks can take a similar character. Sometimes they're overflowing with loose and unkempt papers and other times even where the pens are placed is taken note of
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:56 am

I hate people touching/going through my stuff; it's a blatant demonstration of disrespect.

solemnlysworn wrote:On clutter, I do keep loose papers I'd been writing on, thinking that I'll want to keep hold of them

I'd give you an aneurysm :D
I'm prone to building nests with clutter
Bitches Be Tripping. They're me - I'm Bitches.  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:59 am

It's okay in some respect for people to look through my things if I've invited them into my home. They're getting to know me and I'm quite comfortable with that idea. I think part of it is me being a little judgemental. Some of it is probably annoyance as if they're not there to be entertained by my personal life 'so can we please hurry this along and make our way towards the next room'

Clutter happens and I can turn my house into a dump but it certainly cant stay like that. What are your clutter forts made of?
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:04 am

It must be a variant of "culture"
In my late teens and early twenties, one of the dumbest things you could do to people was touch or look through their sh1t
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:06 am

Rifling through drawers is one thing but to have a peek at a music collection or bookshelf on display is still a no?
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 am

solemnlysworn wrote:What are your clutter forts made of?

Lol, papers, blankets, occassionally clothing < (I feel the judgement here :oops:), books, crystals, pens, highlighters, pillows

solemnlysworn wrote:Rifling through drawers is one thing but to have a peek at a music collection or bookshelf on display is still a no?

I'd be ok with it, but I wouldn't have even overtly done that when I was younger and I'd probably be afraid to do it at someone I don't knows house now (depending on how they come off I guess)
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:13 am

I think somebody's entitlement to access is probably one of the things that annoys me actually. If respectful about it, maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Ah. a girl-fort, with the bobby pins sprayed around in every direction like cluster bombs, I presume?
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post