Our partner

What's all the fuss about?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

What's all the fuss about?

Postby Sarandipity » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:30 pm

There's been this backlash since Monk got banned and I wondered what that's about..

From a kind of bi-stander perspective it looks like (I know I'm probably gonna get my head bitten off for saying this but hey ho) that it's some kind of fear??

Fear of perhaps more members being banned. Fear of perhaps rules being more enforced. Fear of bowing to an authority perhaps?

I don't know. I'm basically sort of bi-standerish and I don't see this reaction elsewhere to one member being banned and a thread closed.

I got banned from a site where there was a sort of internet war between "wives" and "other women" (I was enjoying defending the wives who were pretty much bullied and very outnumbered). Friends who I had on that forum, not just wives other people, petitioned the admin to unban me and I was unbanned. Nobody got angry and disgruntled and attacked either the admin or the "other women" about it. I was using the forum anyway as a different user it didn't effect me that much other than on principle.

So it just seems to me that this reaction is quite disproportionate to what has happened "somebody got banned and maybe a few rules get enforced"

I understand the upset over a threat of closure but if you really believe what you're saying, that it won't happen, then even that upset is disproportionate.

Yea, it's a bit like being held to ransom - behave or the ship shuts - but walking away would surely have more impact than the fuss kicking.

The fuss kicking either leads to the threat being carried out or you have mods for literally zero purpose which if you're saying "they finally done their job" (which I read a couple of comments to that effect) then there's still zero point to the fuss kicking.

It all seems very emotive, very talking in circles and without a clear aim pretty much a hooha over nothing.

Alot of emotive disproportionate reactions are fear based. That's how my first thought is fear but maybe I'm wrong?
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What's all the fuss about?

Postby solemnlysworn » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:34 pm

This already has its own thread and you’ve misunderstood the order of events. Monk’s ban has been accepted fairly quietly as probably inevitable and was at the tail-end of the drama.

Please don’t keep creating threads drawing more off topic attention to this. It just reinforces the idea that the forum has little genuine function, especially when it misrepresents what’s happened.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby xdude » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:39 pm

Doing things 90 degrees outside the expected box has a way of waking people up.

This forum needed something because clearly it had become a norm here to break forum rules and it's just expected it should be so that 10-12 people should have special rules.

Pretty sure it is possible to discuss AsPD topics without the insults. We will see.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby solemnlysworn » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Why are you allowing this as a thread? If you actually want ASPD discussion then call it a day already and stop allowing reinvigoration of the topic. You’ve made your point and others their’s. let’s move on?
Last edited by solemnlysworn on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Fool » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Sarandipity wrote:There's been this backlash since Monk got banned and I wondered what that's about..

From a kind of bi-stander perspective it looks like (I know I'm probably gonna get my head bitten off for saying this but hey ho) that it's some kind of fear??

Fear of perhaps more members being banned. Fear of perhaps rules being more enforced. Fear of bowing to an authority perhaps?

I don't know. I'm basically sort of bi-standerish and I don't see this reaction elsewhere to one member being banned and a thread closed.

I got banned from a site where there was a sort of internet war between "wives" and "other women" (I was enjoying defending the wives who were pretty much bullied and very outnumbered). Friends who I had on that forum, not just wives other people, petitioned the admin to unban me and I was unbanned. Nobody got angry and disgruntled and attacked either the admin or the "other women" about it. I was using the forum anyway as a different user it didn't effect me that much other than on principle.

So it just seems to me that this reaction is quite disproportionate to what has happened "somebody got banned and maybe a few rules get enforced"

I understand the upset over a threat of closure but if you really believe what you're saying, that it won't happen, then even that upset is disproportionate.

Yea, it's a bit like being held to ransom - behave or the ship shuts - but walking away would surely have more impact than the fuss kicking.

The fuss kicking either leads to the threat being carried out or you have mods for literally zero purpose which if you're saying "they finally done their job" (which I read a couple of comments to that effect) then there's still zero point to the fuss kicking.

It all seems very emotive, very talking in circles and without a clear aim pretty much a hooha over nothing.

Alot of emotive disproportionate reactions are fear based. That's how my first thought is fear but maybe I'm wrong?

he is a 1 man vendetta against a forum for the criminally insane. i mean, emotive is an understatement of what he could achieve here=)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj_9CiNkkn4
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sarandipity » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:42 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:This already has its own thread and you’ve misunderstood the order of events. Monk’s ban has been accepted fairly quietly as probably inevitable and was at the tail-end of the drama.

Please don’t keep creating threads drawing more off topic attention to this. It just reinforces the idea that the forum has little genuine function, especially when it misrepresents what’s happened.

I'm talking about the "new mod" or words to that effect thread, the pages and pages of arguments - all which you have took part in. If it's not a valid question moderators can remove it... That's how forums work and I won't be crying about it.
Main IW:
Obsidian
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:43 pm

Why not post your question in that thread since it’s related to and a continuation of it, as you mentioned
Last edited by solemnlysworn on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Sarandipity » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:43 pm

xdude wrote:Doing things 90 degrees outside the expected box has a way of waking people up.

This forum needed something because clearly it had become a norm here to break forum rules and it's just expected it should be so that 10-12 people should have special rules.

Pretty sure it is possible to discuss AsPD topics without the insults. We will see.

I think it's possible. And it could be a sudden change causing so much upset.

-- Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:46 pm --

solemnlysworn wrote:Why are you allowing this as a thread? If you actually want ASPD discussion then call it a day already and stop allowing reinvigoration of the topic. You’ve made your point and others their’s. let’s move on?

This is an ASPD discussion on how an ASPD forum has reacted to a banned member and a statement about rules. It's probably pretty unique to ASPD, if you think about it. And ODD, oppositional defiance dissorder, I guess.
Main IW:
Obsidian
No-one Paul and Lilly
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:48 pm

xdude made a thread about it
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Sarandipity » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:49 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:Why not post your question in that thread since it’s related to and a continuation of it, as you mentioned

Because I posted it here. It's not a continuation of it. It's an observation about it and of more than one thread.
Main IW:
Obsidian
No-one Paul and Lilly
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum