Our partner

What's all the fuss about?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: What's all the fuss about?

Postby solemnlysworn » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 pm

xdude big boy here’s your chance to show good faith
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:44 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Sarandipity » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:xdude made a thread about it

He made a thread asking how comes the massive reaction and contemplated if it's based in fear or some other base human emotion? I must of missed it.

-- Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:53 pm --

solemnlysworn wrote:xdude big boy here’s your chance to show good faith

Bating a moderator to close a topic because...? You don't like the idea or impling that you're frightened?

Or to passive agressively exert control over the moderator by offering an "you'll look big if you do this and we'll all shut up"

Or you just don't like that someone pointed something out that you would rather ignore, which kind of goes back to my first option.

-- Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:58 pm --

Fool wrote:he is a 1 man vendetta against a forum for the criminally insane. i mean, emotive is an understatement of what he could achieve here=)

So everyone on the forum is criminally insane and everyone is going to go out and reak some kind of havoc or go on a crime spree because they got moderated on an internet forum? I think those guys are already locked up (mostly).
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Fool » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:16 pm

Sarandipity wrote:So everyone on the forum is criminally insane and everyone is going to go out and reak some kind of havoc or go on a crime spree because they got moderated on an internet forum? I think those guys are already locked up (mostly).

no he might ban some folks :shock:

he's a passive aggressive mod with a list of people he doesn't like. that's going places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiOA7euaYA
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sarandipity » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Fool wrote:
Sarandipity wrote:So everyone on the forum is criminally insane and everyone is going to go out and reak some kind of havoc or go on a crime spree because they got moderated on an internet forum? I think those guys are already locked up (mostly).

he's a passive aggressive mod with a list of people he doesn't like. that's going places.

Oh. Would he need reasons and other moderator agreement or can he just ban whoever he doesn't like?
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Sarandipity wrote:The fuss

There is no more fuss. The member I (and likely others) wanted banned is banned. xdude's little tantrums over rule-breaking and whatever other bullshlt he's been going on about (I'm not even sure anymore) are insignificant. We don't need to discuss this any further.

Get the fuk over it already.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:44 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ZeroZ » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:33 pm

Reaper wrote:
Sarandipity wrote:The fuss

There is no more fuss. The member I (and likely others) wanted banned is banned. xdude's little tantrums over rule-breaking and whatever other bullshlt he's been going on about (I'm not even sure anymore) are insignificant. We don't need to discuss this any further.

Get the fuk over it already.

Agreed
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 pm

Postby Fool » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:39 pm

Sarandipity wrote:
Fool wrote:

Oh. Would he need reasons and other moderator agreement or can he just ban whoever he doesn't like?

no he has literally zero power over anyone who follows the rules and behaves civilly

but he is extremely antagonistic to anyone who behaves civilly and goes out of his way to derail threads in an effort to create hostility as bait

everyone is manipulating him or being rude or causing trouble or getting their feelings hurt and whatever etc. the last thread literally got locked by a second mod because the first one started making derogatory comments about borderline pd lol

pettiness is easy to ignore and no one will respect him after his behavior and thus his capacity to contribute in any meaningful way is compromised, so he only has two options. continue to perptuate his circus, or go away

i am in favor of option one, because option 2 is inevitable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHydngA5C4E
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:43 pm

This isn't about character. It's about a conflict of interest.

The children don't want another child playing with them who can banish them to their room when they don't get their way. The adult who can govern the child's game has to be indifferent to children's toys.

The issue is more fundamental than the character flaws of a mod.

The issue is that one can't be "one of the people" AND have to "rule" them; because the mechanism of the need that drives wanting to belong and wanting to govern, have a conflict of interest.

The reason why some of the other mods were better at modding this forum wasn't because they had better character or because they were particularly intelligent or anything. It was simply because they didn't belong nor did they have a conflict of interest:

They simply didn't have a particularly vested interest in AsPD or the games here.

The problem with xdude isn't his character so much as his personal investment in AsPD which makes it much more difficult at modding a game where he has personal stakes tied to personal issues.

Last time God incarnated as a man, a lot of drama ensued.
Every time "one of the people" becomes dictator, a lot of people starve or are sent to the gulags.

The people want an invisible hand that they can project their own ideals and issues into, not one that walks among them trying to heal them and be loved and worshiped.

It sounds melodramatic but I use these examples to highlight that the mechanism which governs the lives and deaths of millions is the same essence as the one that is a bunch of randos on a bulletin board, and the same essence as a handful of children mucking around in a sandpit with mother looking on from a distance.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (15)

Postby Sarandipity » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:02 am

So both Fool and Squaredonutwheels: you are saying it's because he is in the sandbox so he can't watch over the sand box? Am I getting the gist?

As a child I had to watch over the sandbox ie be a child and look after children. So thinking about that: there was one abduction (I had alot of cousins, I can't be everywhere at once), several antisocial acts, at least one cousin psychologically confused (because she asked me why she wasn't like her brothers and I off handedly said don't worry you will be and she waited years to grow a penis before asking her mother about it)...

Ok, I see your points. Your fears are valid if it is the case that he's too much in the sand box to watchover it. I haven't seen it yet.

About Jesus. I do not get why he didn't just say he wasn't the son of God and save his life - gotta be ego imo. Also if the devils child walked the earth I can not imagine him declaring himself or sacrificing himself for his father. I don't get it and I can't see it. That always bugs me when it comes up - which there's two holidays dedicated to the idea so it's very irritating.

Anyway, ok, I can see that angle. In the sand box with responsibility isn't great for the overall good of the sandbox or the people in it.
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:13 am

No. Me and fool are making different points.
Read again.

Also if you project your own feelings outwards into others and claim they feel things that you claim you don't, you will make yourself a target.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (15)

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum