Our partner

Why...

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Why...

Postby EllaBlack » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:14 am

...make enemies when you can make friends?

Anyone else share this sentiment?
EllaBlack
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Why...

Postby salles » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:31 am

ok. I deleted a smart ass comment..
It is a simple question but is based on the assumption that people consciously make enemies and thrive on antagonism. That entails a world of psychology I am too foggy headed at moment to think about.
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Postby justonemoreperson » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:30 am

I've never "made enemies" on purpose. I know there's a lot of people who hate me, but it's not because I've gone out of my way to do it. Natural talent I guess.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Sarandipity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:31 am

I'll answer this honestly. It doesn't work like this for other parts of "me" but me personally: I make enemies of people who other people avoid and placate. I do because it's a massive power trip. Seeing the shock on their face, because they failed to see me coming, underestimated me and best is when they actively try to avoid me but I don't let them. Watching someone run across a shopping centre because they see me walking in their general direction is a kick.

When younger because of the DID other parts of me would think "why did that person just run or lock themselves in a toilet for 2 hours" because they didn't know what I was doing. As long as I didn't upset their friends they didn't notice or know what I was doing. Now we're all "in communication" other parts of me see me as a problem. They isolated themselves from others out of "fear of hurting them" which is BS because I have not ever targeted their friends and it's their fault for picking pathological romantic partners, I have nothing to do with that, that is purely them and due to parental abuse and them seeing it as "love" Now it seems they want me to "sort myself out" so I'm gonna try.

It's power. Like anything though the chase is better than the "kill" but without the end result the chase is pointless. It's addictive. It's an adrenaline buzz that is different to other forms of adrenaline. And it gives a satisfaction that is like eating a delicious meal very slowly whilst you play with it and savour every mouth full. Can friends give you that? An enemy is for life.
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ShaolinMonk » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:36 am

Internet = Chatbot. Bounce concepts.
IRL= Flesh and blood.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:27 am

Postby Schwärmer » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:41 am

It is interesting, because I have had people loathe me for trying to befriend me only to be rejected. Never know what to make of that.

It is difficult unless connections serve a purpose since having someone purely to talk to, or their smile, and so on is not a good enough reason. Not pointedly making enemies so much as effortlessly hurting them, and then they decide we are enemies, but that is a one-sided affliction.
Schwärmer
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:27 pm

Postby ShaolinMonk » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:47 am

Not pointedly making enemies so much as effortlessly hurting them, and then they decide we are enemies, but that is a one-sided affliction.

Seems some are thin skinned.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Sarandipity » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:53 am

Schwärmer wrote:It is interesting, because I have had people loathe me for trying to befriend me only to be rejected. Never know what to make of that.

It is difficult unless connections serve a purpose since having someone purely to talk to, or their smile, and so on is not a good enough reason. Not pointedly making enemies so much as effortlessly hurting them, and then they decide we are enemies, but that is a one-sided affliction.

Doing it by accident is careless and also you're missing out on a world of fun.
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ShaolinMonk » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Read like a parasite, you really do.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:33 pm

i flip like a light switch on people, and some don't like the inconsistency. often I don't mean to, but i find it entertaining though and sometimes useful, so "my bad", I would have to say.

also, some ppl prob want what I have. not my problem.

-- Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:34 pm --

but I totally would rather have friends. i just take them for granted.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum