Our partner

light triad scale.

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: light triad scale.

Postby salles » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:08 am

Seili wrote:I can sometimes think cynical and still base my actions on believing in the good in people.

Many people don't deserve it. If you want to think in the' alternative way', ( which I sense you try to do )because of some path you are on... think like this. You are doing them a disservice by ignoring a'sshole traits.
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Seili » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:24 am

solemnlysworn wrote:Humanity is seeing that somebody has bad aspects to their personality or has done bad things but still wanting the best for them. You act in kind.

I think humanity as accepting people as a whole, with different side to them.

salles wrote:Many people don't deserve it.

So they don't deserve my kind thoughts or my help. I don't view it as something where I loose anything.
It makes me feel good, It's for the greater good, depending on the context ofc.

It does sound like it's primarily making you feel something negative. So I prefer my option.
☆ In a world where you can be anything. Be KIND ☆
Seili
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Postby solemnlysworn » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:25 am

Do I have any redeemable traits, Seili? :)
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby salles » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:28 am

Seili wrote:
salles wrote:Many people don't deserve it.

So they don't deserve my kind thoughts or my help. I don't view it as something where I loose anything.
It makes me feel good, It's for the greater good, depending on the context ofc.

It does sound like it's primarily making you feel something negative. So I prefer my option.

And yet you are like a prickly hedgehog with some posters here? :?
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Postby justonemoreperson » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:42 am

I got made to do lots of question tests when I was a kid and they always came out like I was a f*cking angel, but the psychologist would say, "You said that you're kind and helpful, but you burned a man's garden shed. Do you think that's helpful and kind?"

It didn't seem like a big deal to me so I seriously underestimated the impact it had on others. I still don't really believe that people get as upset as they do by stuff; I assume they're playing an angle.

The more sensitive and Ned Flanders you are, the worse you think your behaviour is, because you worry about your reaction to everything.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Seili » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:48 am

solemnlysworn wrote:Do I have any redeemable traits, Seili? :)

Synonyms of redeemable - repairable

That's just not how I view people.
☆ In a world where you can be anything. Be KIND ☆
Seili
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Postby EllaBlack » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:59 am

29.17%

I learned that I'm more narcissistic and machiavellian than psychopathic. I suppose that information could end up being useful to me, though I'm not sure how at the moment.
you two are on my foe list
EllaBlack
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:03 am

In my mind sympathy is feeling sorry for someone and as a result caring or wanting to help but not perspective taking.

And empathy is feeling for someone because you can perspective take.

I often choose not to perspective take specifically so I don't have to feel sorry for or want to help / devote time to.

Other times, normal peoples issues are too redundant and superficial for me to give a good godamm about.

Working with the high risk youth with behavioral disorders caused empathy in me.
It was terrible. I didn't even know I still had empathy left in me until then.

What if you believe people are $#%^ but still want the best for them?

solemnlysworn wrote:cynical worldview in this test is related to Machiavellianism it's inverse in 'Believing in the good in people'. It's whether you're distrustful.

I thought machiavellianism was about charm and being able to convince people of things etc?

salles wrote:Cannot answer that but Interesting question.
Which is worse. Valuing people for amoral reasons, or not valuing them at all?

I think valuing people for any reason may be good, but at the level of having regard for them rather than using them. Not to say I'm judging either way.
I don't value most people and dont use them either.
Bitches Be Tripping. They're me - I'm Bitches.  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:35 am

Postby justonemoreperson » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:06 am

DaturaInnoxia wrote:
What if you believe people are $#%^ but still want the best for them?

You don't have to care about people to want to fix them, just as you don't have to care about a motor to find it running rough and wanting to find out why and fix it.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:10 am

That's a pretty good way of putting it
Bitches Be Tripping. They're me - I'm Bitches.  ~ unknown
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post