Our partner

Music and personality

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Music and personality

Postby Schwärmer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:01 am

What kinds of music have you been most interested in throughout you life?
Has it changed since you were younger?
Do you think that your taste in music is indicative of your personality in any meaningful way?

It has always ranged with no fixed preference. It is more about the individual song than the genre, but some of it is impossible to listen to.

There is more accessible variety now due to ease of access with platforms like Youtube and Spotify. When younger it was whatever cassettes or CD's others had, ranging from alternative rock to country, or what was on the radio. Hip-hop and rap were less back then with the exception of a few, through the exposure of other people and their preferences. Some of it is okay, most of it is difficult to comprehend. Missy Elliott - Work It. Ridiculous. The same can be said for Death Metal or whatever subgenre or miniscule difference distinguishes it, in a different way. Here is one with interesting lyrics, but they are in the song itself incomprehensible.

Maybe. It changes, there is no actual taste because it moves around.
Schwärmer
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby EllaBlack » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:07 am

I wonder what this says about me...

:P :wink:
you two are on my foe list
EllaBlack
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Postby Reaper » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:57 am

solemnlysworn wrote:What kinds of music have you been most interested in throughout you life? Has it changed since you were younger? Do you think that your taste in music is indicative of your personality in any meaningful way?

I was raised on country music because that's what my mother mostly listened to when I was growing up. I still don't mind some country on the odd occasion. Country rock music is actually pretty good.

I developed more of a taste for rap and metal music as I grew older. I particularly like gangsta rap and murder metal music, anything aggressive, as long as you can still understand the lyrics to some degree. Most death metal doesn't appeal to me because although it's aggressive, you can't even understand what they're singing most of the time.

Aggressive music is my favorite because it relates more to the darker side of my personality and the aggression that I often feel in myself. With that said, I can also chill to some classical music when the mood takes me. I like to to think it soothes the savage beast.

I also don't mind dubstep, instrumental, some dancy jazz music, and old time rock n roll. The best rock music came from the 60's in my opinion. You just can't beat some of those old classics.

My favorite song is this one, though I can't say for sure it would be if it weren't for the video clip as well. I really do like the song though:

Dope- Violence Music Video
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby cinnamoncookie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:06 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:What kinds of music have you been most interested in throughout you life? Has it changed since you were younger? Do you think that your taste in music is indicative of your personality in any meaningful way?

Honestly? Mainly what related videos on youtube provided before it got like how it is now, all those personal recommendations and sponsored $#%^. I miss old youtube. My friends from school were into pop and "alternative"/anti-pop music.

solemnlysworn wrote:
Dazz wrote:

Holy $#%^ nice

I like this too. But it's a little too " :o ", is this really news to anyone.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:42 am

Postby Aeva117 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:14 pm

I like metal (mostly power), some hard rock, and show tunes. Music definitely has a big impact on how I'm feeling, it can get me into a specific mindset almost immediately.
Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) all grown up
Aeva117
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Postby cinnamoncookie » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:01 am

cinnamoncookie wrote:I like this too. But it's a little too " :o ", is this really news to anyone.

To clarify I'm aware it's from a movie and it's not serious, I was just saying I don't think it's that funny because people aren't that retarded and aren't as influenced by it as is implied. At least I'm assuming the joke is that it's somewhat related to reality.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:42 am

Postby solemnlysworn » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:40 pm

EllaBlack wrote:

I wonder what this says about me...

:P :wink:

You like a good time. This was on in one of those clubs with rooms that allow trainers the other week.
Post more :)

-- Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:42 pm --

I wasn't going to go out before hearing that
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 pm

Postby Jonna » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:55 pm

I'm not a music person. I've only faked it at times. Even in a club, my mind is still cold and calculating and sizing up opportunities to take what I want. Music just doesn't effect me in the way that makes people dance or jump around (I can't say I ever had that experience)....rlly does nothing for me.
Jonna
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:42 pm

Postby solemnlysworn » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:58 pm

It's extra stimulus. If you have low sensitivity to stimuli, wouldn't flashing lights, banging tunes and tonnes of drugs be exactly what you need?

You have rhythm Jonna boy?

-- Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 pm --

I don't like the word calculate. Lol just go swoop in. Fucking assessing the dancefloor for potential target acquisition haha. Goon squad.

Idk what there is to think about so hard
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 pm

Postby salles » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Some lyrics are quite powerful esp when combined with the right music eg.

'I've eaten the sun so my tongue
Has been burned of the taste'
- Alice in chains-

what better way to describe the anhedonia that follows drug abuse.
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:42 am

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post