Our partner

Music and personality

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Music and personality

Postby Seili » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:04 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:ya?

I don't know what and to who you're talking to.

Why are you boasting and bragging, when there's no reason to, nothing to gain, with people smaller than you?
☆ In a world where you can be anything. Be KIND ☆
Seili
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Dazz » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:13 pm

As a kid you are forcibly exposed to music...you hear it on the radio/stereo, on tv (I'm old enough to remember a time people recorded music videos on vhs and MTV actually played music), you hear it at events, these days there are even more easier and intruding ways one is exposed...as a kid because your mind is infantile you generally like whatever is popular during your time, popular music is typically purposefully constructed to achieve mass mindless wide appeal...so I liked whatever the mid 90's to mid 2000's was popular generally, this time period witnesses the death of rock popularity and rise of commercial non-threatening to Whitey R&B/Hip-Hop, this ultimate dominance of the most banal kind of Negro/negrified music would cause me to drop out of popular music sometime in early adulthood.

But was also exposed to much older music such as 60's girl groups, Motown, Classic Rock, Disco (or whatever labelled as disco-ish), etc, through going to family night "discos" on Saturdays, to events like weddings, and whatever parents listened to; from my dad this created a liking for Britpop and from my mom a despising of Reggae, my brother is a DJ and he would listen to crappy UK Garage and related stuff, some was good, most was garbage...basically upon some semblance of maturity I looked to the past for music, to eventually having a wide range of tastes from Neofolk to Metal to Witch House to Rap to Classical, but can't say absolutely any one genre in itself that I like.

I tend to prefer bands/people that transcend genre (at least to my non-audiophile ears), and this transcending of limited label/grouping is probably the most I can think of that correlates with my personality.
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Postby saucygirl31 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:14 pm

seili - real talk: i mostly boast and brag in my head, but when I say it out loud it makes it more real. i want everyone to know how I feel about myself because a small part of me wants the confirmation.

u can't be narcissistic without having an ego that needs regulation. that's why I like masochism too. i boast, I brag, then I let someone kick me in the balls and it evens me out.
- ur gril saucy
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:40 pm

Postby Seili » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:22 pm

That's not real talk.
Seili
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:31 pm

welp, shoulder shrug, prob a language barrier.
- ur gril saucy
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Dazz wrote:

Holy $#%^ nice
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Seili » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:42 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:welp, shoulder shrug, prob a language barrier.

I've never figured out how such an attitude can gather groupies.
Seili
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:43 pm

ya i have anger issues excuse me.
- ur gril saucy
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZeroZ » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:05 pm

Grew up listening to early old school hip hop, went from that into a death metal phase, then settled in and liked just about everything. Big fan of 60s hippy music, some of the creepo 70 trash, 80s hair rock, 90s grunge, there is stuff here and there I like but for the most part I think everything recently sucks cok call me an old ###$ and get the fuk off my lawn too idgaf
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:40 pm

Postby Fool » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:37 pm

"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post