Our partner

Simon and Tommy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Simon and Tommy

Postby cinnamoncookie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:20 am

[If anyone on this forum has either of these names, that was completely coincidental.]

Simon and his friends play a card game. It's an intense battle of luck and wits and even though they're not always that great at it and some are better than others, they're still not bad and they enjoy themselves very much. Unfortunately they're lacking a player now and someone has to sit around and do nothing each round.

Then Tommy comes along. He's a bit simple. He has nothing better to do and he picks up a deck and joins the game, not understanding all the rules. Sometimes he accidentally makes a decent move but that's all that can be said for his skill at this game. Some of Simon's friends tell Simon he should kick Tommy out because the game's quality decreased now that he's here. Some don't mind it that much because now they don't have to wait anymore. Some think everyone should have the right to play their game and it would be unfair to kick Tommy out; they were once bad at it too. Simon decides to let Tommy stay.

The next time Tommy brings some of his friends. They too are simple and don't understand the rules at all. Simon's friends who were in favor of kicking Tommy out have left. The rest either try to enjoy the game anyway or teach the new participants some of the rules, with limited success. The game definitely isn't the same anymore.

What do you think about Simon and Tommy?
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Simon and Tommy

Postby ShaolinMonk » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:42 am

Unfortunately they're lacking a player now and someone has to sit around and do nothing each round.
:lol:
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:25 pm

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:24 am

cinnamoncookie wrote:Takes a bit of time to get used to a new environment

I think women can get quite territorial, but once we realize things are never in stasis for long and not everyone has the same goals here, we can come to terms with it.

cinnamoncookie wrote:What do you think about Simon and Tommy?

I'm wondering which member you envision Simon to be?

I'd say I'm a Tommy sometimes, and other times, I'm sure you're aware, that I'm the type to "think everyone should have the right to play their game and it would be unfair to kick Tommy out; they were once bad at it too."

Regardless, I'm uncertain if anyone values the other's opinions enough to leave because people don't like them :?:

I'm also curious how much of "intense battle of luck and wits" it is to people who aren't "a bit simple"

But who knows? I'm tad crazy and simple myself
Here, have a coconut
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:25 am

Postby Seili » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:09 pm

You're so obsessed with games.
It is the mark of an..curious mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Seili
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Postby cinnamoncookie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:30 pm

So far the point has been missed greatly by those who commented but it hasn't given me the urge to explain myself further.

Seili wrote:You're so obsessed with games.

Yes. And I don't see how that's something to be ashamed of.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:36 pm

cinnamoncookie wrote:So far the point has been missed greatly by those who commented but it hasn't given me the urge to explain myself further.

Tanslation: The post didn't go the way you had hoped (yet)

Have hope! This topic could turn around to your benefit at any given moment.
People turn all the time.

-- Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:42 am --

Cinnamon, I envision you as a fiesty, but dainty and cute female who can have a vulnerable side in the sense that she has ease in expressing her dissapointment.

This expression would end up endearing her to others and she'd be able to accomplish a lot - and get out of a lot - just by batting her eyelashes.

Could be wrong but I'm making up characters to match personas.
Theory of mind could come into play here - and what JOMP was talking about only seeing what we think and picking things that stand out personally and filling in the details.
Here, have a coconut
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:43 pm

tommy is the man for showing up and not backing down - i tend to like him. idgaf about Simon doesn't interest me all that much.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:25 am

Postby cinnamoncookie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Datura, please leave the thread.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:57 pm

cinnamoncookie wrote:Datura, please leave the thread.

No.
Here, have a coconut
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:09 pm

DaturaInnoxia wrote:I'm making up characters to match personas.

Do mine.

cinnamoncookie wrote:What do you think about Simon and Tommy?

Simon is clearly smarter than Tommy and obviously the one in control of the little group. Tommy's a retard who should have been kicked out on his ass for ruining the game. Who the hell wants to spend time educating a retard.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum