Our partner

The politics of "Identity" and a problem that never was

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

The politics of "Identity" and a problem that never was

Postby ShaolinMonk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:12 am

Reaper wrote:
justonemoreperson wrote:In nearly every species there are defined roles for males and females, but we've tried really hard to eliminate these for some reason that i still can't really fathom.

Because not every woman wants to be laid up pumping out kids. Some would prefer to be the hunter because it feels more natural to them.

Not every woman has a maternal instinct.

Also, with women gaining more power and influence in society, social roles are naturally going to change with that to some degree. Women don't need men to support them as much anymore because many are capable of supporting themselves. They have more independence now. Even single mothers are capable of self-support these days, but that can come with added stress when there is no-one else to help ease some of the pressures of parenting.

Regardless of one's role in society, I believe children need both role models to grow up and develop healthier relationships.

I would imagine fighting against your instincts would make you weaker, because you'd be behaving contrary to your nature.

Yes, but who is to say what someone's nature is. Social mores and gender roles certainly don't define that.

The interesting aspect about "equality" is that what changed was that women preferred the traditional roles and society worked. That was the Swedish success, which they wished to deny and threw out the data in favor of the preferred delusional outcome they were hoping to get, but didn't.

Agree with Reaper tho. Not every female has any interest in pumping out kids.

The politics of "Identity" and a problem that never was, seems to be more based on some delusions. So, now f@ggots want to have kids, which their biology makes bloody certain they can't , and that is "equality".

The absurdity is beyond reason and physical fact.

So, what defines "identity?"
It's the biggest fking joke that is being fought over in the political arena.

Physically, you are what you are born as, male / female or fked up ( unfortunate but it rarely does occur)
Ethnicity ( skin color and whatever other physically defining features common to your group)

And for the most part, no one really gives a damn...so, because that is not special enough, the "identity" politics has been kicked up in mental health circles and politicized.

From stage right, drag in "roles" and what are the "roles?" It's like watching the Bugs Bunny Road Runner show on steroids.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The politics of "Identity" and a problem that never was

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:02 am

ShaolinMonk wrote:The politics of "Identity" and a problem that never was, seems to be more based on some delusions. So, now f@ggots want to have kids, which their biology makes bloody certain they can't , and that is "equality".

I'm not particularly agreeing or disagreeing because my issues regarding the politics of identity, lie a little further over from what you said; however, now I'm left wondering if you are male or female (if you're comfortable disclosing).
~DaTuRa.Ad.Nm
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Postby jabberwocky » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:15 am

ShaolinMonk wrote:
Reaper wrote:
justonemoreperson wrote:In nearly every species there are defined roles for males and females, but we've tried really hard to eliminate these for some reason that i still can't really fathom.

Because not every woman wants to be laid up pumping out kids. Some would prefer to be the hunter because it feels more natural to them.

Not every woman has a maternal instinct.

Also, with women gaining more power and influence in society, social roles are naturally going to change with that to some degree. Women don't need men to support them as much anymore because many are capable of supporting themselves. They have more independence now. Even single mothers are capable of self-support these days, but that can come with added stress when there is no-one else to help ease some of the pressures of parenting.

Regardless of one's role in society, I believe children need both role models to grow up and develop healthier relationships.

I would imagine fighting against your instincts would make you weaker, because you'd be behaving contrary to your nature.

Yes, but who is to say what someone's nature is. Social mores and gender roles certainly don't define that.

The interesting aspect about "equality" is that what changed was that women preferred the traditional roles and society worked. That was the Swedish success, which they wished to deny and threw out the data in favor of the preferred delusional outcome they were hoping to get, but didn't.

Agree with Reaper tho. Not every female has any interest in pumping out kids.

The politics of "Identity" and a problem that never was, seems to be more based on some delusions. So, now f@ggots want to have kids, which their biology makes bloody certain they can't , and that is "equality".

So, what defines "identity?"
It's the biggest fking joke that is being fought over in the political arena.

Physically, you are what you are born as, male / female or fked up ( unfortunate but it rarely does occur)
Ethnicity ( skin color and whatever other physically defining features common to your group)

And for the most part, no one really gives a damn...so, because that is not special enough, the "identity" politics has been kicked up in mental health circles and politicized.

From stage right, drag in "roles" and what are the "roles?" It's like watching the Bugs Bunny Road Runner show on steroids.

You're female, or at least you said you were when you were Inspiritus...and Influenza...and codexgigas...and Trivago and who knows who else...
"If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd lion on the ramp to Noah's Ark...and brother, it's starting to rain."
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Postby ShaolinMonk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:20 am

DaturaInnoxia wrote:
ShaolinMonk wrote:The politics of "Identity" and a problem that never was, seems to be more based on some delusions. So, now f@ggots want to have kids, which their biology makes bloody certain they can't , and that is "equality".

I'm not particularly agreeing or disagreeing because my issues regarding the politics of identity, lie a little further over from what you said; however, now I'm left wondering if you are male or female (if you're comfortable disclosing).

What specific issues are those?

The data is relevant, not my gender.

Abstract
This study examines associations between indicators of gender equality and public health. We compare Swedish municipalities on nine indicators in both the private and public sphere, and an additive index, and study the correlations with indicators of morbidity and mortality. The hypothesis that a higher level of gender equality is associated with a convergence of health outcomes (life expectancy, sickness absence) between men and women was supported for equality of part-time employment, managerial positions and economic resources for morbidity, and for temporary parental leave for mortality. Our main finding is that gender equality was generally correlated with poorer health for both men and women. Our conclusions are tentative due to the methodological uncertainties. However, the results suggest an unfortunate trade-off between gender equality as we know it and public health. Sweden may have reached a critical point where further one-sided expansion by women into traditionally male roles, spheres and activities will not lead to positive health effects unless men also significantly alter their behaviour. Negative effects of this unfinished equality might be found both for women, who have become more burdened, and men, who as a group have lost many of their old privileges. We propose that this contention be confronted and discussed by policymakers, researchers and others. Further studies are also needed to corroborate or dispute these findings.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S027795360700041X

Much more research of a similar outcome.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:25 am

Gender 'equality' in Scandinavia is a falsehood. Researchers and academics have been shown to lie with respect to equality and feminism, and their idea of equality is a redistribution of labour
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ShaolinMonk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:28 am

Thank you SS,

When you mean redistribution of labour, in what manner is that? Across the traditional roles, or are you referring to economic across the population? Or something else entirely?
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:08 am

ShaolinMonk wrote:
DaturaInnoxia wrote:

What specific issues are those?

The data is relevant, not my gender.

I'm not able to articulate at this moment, but part of it is the fact that the fight for equality in gender identification as well as extremist feminism and the "metoo" movement, is disallowing the ability to question things (such as what's healthy and what's not) unless you want to be scorned as "victim blaming" or oppressive.

I understand that ignorance and prejudice is harmful, and I'm not interested in judging someone's gender identification, but I'm interested in being able to question and examine things to see how they work and perhaps why they work.
I think in this day and age, you can't even openly ask about the role of biological (and non-normative hormone production / brain regions etc) or environmental correlations or anything.
That's dangerous.
Not as dangerous as the way extremists feminists try to manipulate people and bully them out of asking questions = a greater divide between the sexes is all we need (sarcasm).
~DaTuRa.Ad.Nm
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Postby ShaolinMonk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:14 am

the fight for equality in gender identification

^^the root of the bullsh!t.

No one since the dawn of time has a "choice" in their genetics.
The genetics control their gender, male or female. Anything outside of that is a negative mutation which leads to many problems for them.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:19 am

ShaolinMonk wrote:Agree with Reaper tho. Not every female has any interest in pumping out kids.

Obviously, but from a general instinct point of view, that's how people are programmed to behave.

Most societal issues we have are caused by over-reaction to perceived injustice. Rather than accept and celebrate differences, we seek to remove them, and the issue starts with us creating one-sided values.

Men are seen as strong, but how many of them could go out and hunt their own food? How many could physically defend their families? No one cares because he drives an Audi. His wife, however, has managed to successfully squeeze out and raise three kids.

However, she's seen as weak because she's not got a career and he's seen as strong because he has.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ShaolinMonk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:30 am

Most societal issues we have are caused by over-reaction to perceived injustice. Rather than accept and celebrate differences, we seek to remove them, and the issue starts with us creating one-sided values.

Equal but different.

Motherhood is the most underappreciated and underpaid job on the planet.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post