Our partner

The politics of "Identity" and a problem that never was

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: The politics of "Identity" and a problem that never was

Postby saucygirl31 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:47 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:Sometimes angst just needs a good dicking to chill it out

right?
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:I was fancying you for some reason but I forgot why. Sometimes angst just needs a good dicking to chill it out

Ouch.
Same here, but oh well.
~DaTuRa.Ad.Nm
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Postby cinnamoncookie » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:32 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:I was fancying you for some reason but I forgot why. Sometimes angst just needs a good dicking to chill it out

It's funny because it could apply to either of you.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:46 am

Postby solemnlysworn » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:53 pm

I’m not sure I said what you think I did Datura

-- Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:54 pm --

cinnamoncookie wrote:

It's funny because it could apply to either of you.

Lol. True.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ShaolinMonk » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:50 am

Oblivion wrote:
ShaolinMonk wrote:Apathy isn't freedom. It's a slow death.

In the bigger picture, yes. But you have to be selective about what you chose to care about. Like JOMP says, we love to get out feathers ruffled by manufactured outrage. Being dissatisfied/pissed off about everything that doesn't conform to our views is futile. Don't get me wrong: I step outside onto the street and am immediately confronted by half a dozen things that piss me off. But notice I say confronted. Not assaulted. I have enough eating away at me on a daily basis. Most of it ends up being of no consequence to me. So I let it go. It's freeing.

I get your meaning.
Manufactured outrage = Excellent term.

My focus is not the outrage itself, but the intent behind the manufacturing of it. The method and the manner that it has been effective is also a curiosity, but also easily explained.

Just make sure the bullshlt isn't bullshlt.

It's mostly #######4. The art of selling #######4 is that the few threads of truth that have been woven in are pulling on the heart strings.

i.e.
1."humanitarianism" => mass illegal immigration ( don't be racist ! blah blah blah)
2. Climate Hoax => "stealing the kiddies future!" ( guilt trip from the kiddies that have been programmed to deliver the "message')
...They will be chowing down on each other in the name of 'progress.'

Good!

But what really is progress? Is it technology? I'll bet that's what would come spilling out of most people's mouths if asked. And what is technology? The current definition seems to be that technology is electronic devices. Hand held picture phones where you can watch someone fall down at their wedding. That's not really technology, it's economics. You bought it, now use it. Capitalism is a tricky bastard.

Good question. How to define 'progress?'
Depends who is doing the defining. What is the purpose of 'progress? '
IF take a political perspective, it's not hard to see the influences at work, but seems the masses are blind to it.
#1. Education has gone to $#%^.
#2. Education that has gone to $#%^, is going to sh!t similarly across the globe at the same time.
( that is not an 'accident' or 'coincidence')
#3. "open borders"
Is progress our ability, as humans, to manage a ballistic, overreaching culture of selfishness?

Is it though? Doesn't seem to be the case. Rather, currently, it is faux virtue signaling while destroying your own culture.

To neuter the negative effect of a species which, in its infinite boredom and pointlessness, manages to slowly destroy the vessel which sustains it? By vessel, I do not mean "the planet". The planet is doing just fine. It's merely reacting. Climate change activists, in their desperation, have taken to proclaiming that there's some sort of cut-off date looming; some specific point in which the earth will have "had enough" and people will suddenly wake up one day and be chased down the street by rogue icebergs. What they fail to mention is that this "cut-off date" will likely encompass hundreds of years. In the meantime, before the inevitable next mass extinction, what will we do with the millions of refugees displaced by war or hunger or various other forms of destruction?

That negative effect is not about the rogue icebergs in this scenario. It is merely the distraction from the main goal, which is the open borders bullsh!t. And that you will experience effect of in your life time.

People forget that one of the most basic needs of civilization is civility.

Civility, well said. And what does that look like to you?

Societies have broken down before. But how will it go down when a society of 8 billion starts to unravel? The bigger they come, the harder they fall. What we're experiencing now is that anticipatory dread a suicidal man might feel two seconds before he hits the pavement. Savor it. It's gonna last decades. Chances are most people here will be long dead before the shlt slowly begins to hit the fan. And even then, most people will be saying, "It's fine. Everything is fine. We will persevere."

Nice.
It's a slow burn. Shortly after birth, babies begin to oxidize internally. Birth is nothing more than the beginning of a countdown to the point in which the organism is no longer able to sustain itself against internal and external decay. The same can be said for societies and the human race in general. Who cares? Let it happen. You only get one brief shot at life. Why taint it by getting all upset about a bunch of plastic in a landfill or some guy in a dress? Nothing you do will make a difference. If it makes you feel better to complain, go right ahead. But humanity and modern civilization is a monster you have no effect on no matter how hard you kick and scream.

Reads like you gave up along the way? That is in one sense a victory, I suppose.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 am

Postby salles » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:54 am

justonemoreperson wrote:
The reason that the Climate Change Crisis is so good is that it's a great tool to stop people throwing away their plastic bottles. Floating plastic bottles doesn't make the climate change, but somehow we think it does.

I agree it is a useful tool. I don't care if climate change is a hoax if it means people show more respect for the natural world. I abhor the destruction / lack of respect ( from an emotional and aesthetic point of view) of the world of nature.
And although I might wish a driver who cuts me off in traffic crashes and burns to death, I would NEVER throw a cigarette butt out my window.
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:46 pm

Postby ZeroZ » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:14 pm

salles wrote:And although I might wish a driver who cuts me off in traffic crashes and burns to death, I would NEVER throw a cigarette butt out my window.

:D
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Postby xdude » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:20 am

I honestly don't get it or something -

So others are pushing for what is good for them, and everyone else gets offended when they do because it's not good for myself. And how is this identity politics any different?
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

Postby ShaolinMonk » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Did you read the previous points?
As you dodged the CCC+Cannibalism Con thread as well.

Cognitive dissonance creates dead zones of silence.
Specifically, with regards to your question. It's a numbers game.

Identity politics was designed to create angst and anger between the genders and races. For what?
Then, the white male is the most oppressed and doesn't dare say a word about it, or he is being supremacist. What is that crap?

Would take books to explain it. But the conclusion is the same.

1. The minority are dictating to the majority at massive loss to the majority ( identity bs)
2. Climate Haox= Bad science with no actual feasible solutions that are not worse than what is already available and which will not destroy the economy.
3. Mass illegal immigration to solve some bullsh!t population 'decline" and now there is massive crime which the indigenous cannot speak about because it is considered 'islamophobic" or racist or some ridiculous crap.

And, the idiots that came up with the climate hoax and the bs population DECLINE are the same useless fks that are now selling cannibalism as a 'solution' to CO2 and over-population. If you can't see the fking problem with that?
Nothing can help you see it.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 am

Postby xdude » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:37 pm

ShaolinMonk wrote:Identity politics was designed to create angst and anger between the genders and races. For what?
Then, the white male is the most oppressed and doesn't dare say a word about it, or he is being supremacist. What is that crap?

Well I have had several back and forth email exchanges with Warren Farrell, the author of "The Myth of Male Power", and enjoyed the Red Pill movie by Cassie Jaye, so I entirely agree with this notion of males have life is easy, and women do not, is a bunch of BS. Confusing the life of the top 20 men as seen on TV with the life of men is a childish view of the world.

We are probably on the same page, maybe.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post