Our partner

What does weak means to you?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

What does weak means to you?

Postby ViniStonemoss » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:59 am

It seems weak means different things for different people, what's your definition? What steps are you taking (or not taking) not to be weak?
No correct answer here, can be personal or not...
ViniStonemoss
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What does weak means to you?

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:01 pm

A lack of self reliance and deliberate ignorance.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby saucygirl31 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:20 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:deliberate ignorance.

not sure i agree with this. not sure i even understand how ignorance would ever be deliberate, unless trying to self depreciate to make urself look more.. approachable isnt the right word but you get it.

weak to me is someone who is easily guided/molded in a direction that they are not fully confident in going in.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:28 am

Postby salles » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:38 pm

ViniStonemoss wrote:It seems weak means different things for different people, what's your definition? What steps are you taking (or not taking) not to be weak?
No correct answer here, can be personal or not...

I guess like 'laziness' it could be argued there is no such thing.
Those appearing weak because of certain behaviour patterns could be considered self-sabotaging.
Those who need flattery and attention, have poor self-worth.
Those who are two-faced are drawing on survival skills. .. etc..etc...

For me weakness = lack of original thought. Being brainwashed by news, media, other people's opinions; in other words herd behaviour and thoughts.
Even then I guess it could be argued it is a 'survival' thing... but either way, my opinion says weakness.
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:28 am

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:18 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:
justonemoreperson wrote:deliberate ignorance.

not sure i agree with this. not sure i even understand how ignorance would ever be deliberate, unless trying to self depreciate to make urself look more.. approachable isnt the right word but you get it.

Maybe self-delusion would be a better description.

I was recently working with a guy who is pretty much driven by his own narcissism; it's overt.

It's hard to describe the context of the interaction in words, but although he appeared strong, fundamentally he was insecure and weak. It's fairly easy to manipulate these types, as they need that attention.

Providing a level of attention to his nonsense and then making subtle, disparaging comments, all as a "joke" of course, was just enough to put him off balance and his body language changed.

I'd complemented him and given him a psychological boost, but now he started to realise that maybe I wasn't so taken in by his bullsh1t and a strange thing happened. Instead of trying to reestablish himself, he became an advocate of me.

I think he wanted to feel that if someone 'beat' him, then that person would have to be amazing and so, to him, I became that person.

He's loud, intelligent, with a big personality and runs his own national company. But such a small process was enough to change his perception and behaviour. That, to me, is weak.
Last edited by justonemoreperson on Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:28 pm

Postby Reaper » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:23 pm

A weak person is -
- someone who talks big game, but doesn't have the balls to back it up (a coward).
- someone who gets upset easily over things and dwells on it rather than just letting it go and moving on (that depends on the situation of course).
- someone who submits easily because they're too afraid to stand their ground, allowing themself to be walked all over.
- someone who gets abused and, instead of looking for a way out, they keep crawling back to their abuser like a pathetic dog, thus enabling the abuse.
- a person who successfully or attempts to commits suicide because they can't handle life.
- someone who needs to compensate for low self-esteem (this generally applies to all those with NPD).
- someone who pretends to be someone they're not because they think it will make them look the person they wish they were. For example: An average joe living a dull life who pretends to be a successful, corporate psychopath.
- someone who thinks everybody else is judging them as inferior, when really they're just insecure because of their own feelings of inferiority.

*cough cough* jomp *cough*
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:28 am

Postby Seili » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Reaper wrote:- someone who submits easily because they're too afraid to stand their ground, allowing themself to be walked all over.

Lol no one allows to be walked over. So the bully here..

Reaper wrote:thus enabling the abuse.

And here..

Reaper wrote:- someone who needs to compensate for low self-esteem (this generally applies to all those with NPD).

Is this person here..

Reaper wrote:- someone who pretends to be someone they're not because they think it will make them look the person they wish they were.

And perhaps also here.
Meliorism.
Seili
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:28 am

Postby Reaper » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:44 pm

I'm not weak because -
- I have big brass balls.
- If I threaten you, you can bet your ass I'm gonna follow through on it given the opportunity (assuming it's even worth my time).
- I get over shlt quickly and move on.
- I would never submit easily to anyone. I make them submit to me.
- I don't get intimidated easily.
- I have a lot less fear and anxiety than the average person.
- I have a lot of confidence and high self-esteem.
- I'm highly resilient. I can handle a lot of shlt and give it right back.

Seili wrote:
Reaper wrote:- someone who submits easily because they're too afraid to stand their ground, allowing themself to be walked all over.

Lol no one allows to be walked over.

Yes they do. There are some really fuking weak people in the world that you can pretty much do anything to and they just lie down and take it like a doormat, because that's how truly pathetic they are.

They deserve to be abused.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:28 am

Postby Seili » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Reaper wrote:Yes they do. There are some really fuking weak people in the world that you can pretty much do anything to and they just lie down and take it like a doormat, because that's how truly pathetic they are.

Perhaps they just don't care about you having (a weak) need to overcompensate.

Obviously you'd stomp and do things that'd do harm to you, but for sure those things don't harm someone with a healthy self-esteem.

Ps. You can't have all the goodies, meaning picking up traits that will feed your ego.
Meliorism.
Seili
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:28 am

Postby ShaolinMonk » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:11 pm

It's a single mother on welfare that would be turning tricks without the government.

:lol:
It's all relative to perspective.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 am

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views