Our partner

Echo Chambers of the Mentaly Fked

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Echo Chambers of the Mentaly Fked

Postby ShaolinMonk » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:04 am

Whether it is PC propaganda, group think, Hive mind or emotional constipation, it's funny watching the show.

Forums are like bacterial colonies infected with various strains of fked in the head, which when pointed out, causes funny little explosions of denial followed up by whatever monkey business the offended party can get themselves and others up to.

Even the media is not immune from this effect.

( sp error in title is deliberate )
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Echo Chambers of the Mentaly Fked

Postby jabberwocky » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:59 am

ShaolinMonk wrote:Whether it is PC propaganda, group think, Hive mind or emotional constipation, it's funny watching the show.

Forums are like bacterial colonies infected with various strains of fked in the head, which when pointed out, causes funny little explosions of denial followed up by whatever monkey business the offended party can get themselves and others up to.

Even the media is not immune from this effect.

( sp error in title is deliberate )

Hi Spirit.
"If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd lion on the ramp to Noah's Ark...and brother, it's starting to rain."
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Postby Reaper » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:09 am

ShaolinMonk wrote:Whether it is PC propaganda, group think, Hive mind or emotional constipation, it's funny watching the show.

Is there a particular reason you're here?

I often see you get offended here by what people say and then make a smartass little comment to compensate for it. It's sad and pathetic.

If you're not here to learn anything or offer anything of value except to troll others, then you have no purpose being here. That's my polite way of telling you to either participate like everybody else or fuk off.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:16 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ShaolinMonk » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:43 am

Why are you here Reaper?

You are seeing things then. I don't get offended. You seem to though. Might want to rethink what made you come up with something so obviously idiotic. It is really sad and pathetic of you to go down that road. I agree.

What do you mean "troll?" Troll? You mean to question hive mind? Is that your concept of "trolling?"
Be specific if you would, as it is, you are coming off as though you are offended. Certainly, I am not.

You can fuk off, or participate in the thread. Makes no difference.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:59 am

ShaolinMonk wrote:Why are you here Reaper?

Because I can share my experiences and offer insight, and learn something from others in the process. I was diagnosed with AsPD and strongly suspect I'm a psychopath. You weren't/aren't and you question why I'm here...

So, why are you here anyway? You didn't answer that question.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:16 am

Postby ShaolinMonk » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 am

That's nice.
None of your fking business. That's what.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:19 pm

@OP

If I had the time and inclination, I could probably come up with a list of behaviours that are clearly demonstrated in pretty much any forum, irregardless of the nature.

You watch new people come here and, if they stay, you'll see them adapt to the culture of the forum, even copying phraseology and ideas.

It's a very black and white mechanism of communication. Ideas and experiences are shared but without the complexity of context.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Postby ShaolinMonk » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:27 pm

Context is key, not to mention 97% of communication occurs in the flesh. Written, is dry bones.
Mind you, there are some that spend a great deal of effort attempting to be persuasive with some bizarre ideas, which , as have stated previously, is like reading moving slime.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:35 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:You watch new people come here and, if they stay, you'll see them adapt to the culture of the forum, even copying phraseology and ideas.

The culture evolves too - especially these last few months
~DaTuRa.Ad.Nm
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:16 pm

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:04 pm

DaturaInnoxia wrote:
justonemoreperson wrote:You watch new people come here and, if they stay, you'll see them adapt to the culture of the forum, even copying phraseology and ideas.

The culture evolves too - especially these last few months

What do you notice?
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum