Our partner

xdude Intervention

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

xdude Intervention

Postby ShaolinMonk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:05 am

Postby xdude » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:12 am

justonemoreperson wrote:
...because I seriously doubt that anyone on here can reliably comment on their own beliefs, myself included.

It all goes back to cognitive bias.

A fair enough, and truthful insight. We all have blind spots when it comes to seeing ourselves.

What do you suppose your blind spots are?
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: xdude Intervention

Postby ShaolinMonk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:55 am

You've got over 8000 posts and many years of them.
So, probably worth fk all.

Supposedly, you read a lot. Bleat on about evolutionary psychology, but what the fk is that in reality?

What can a disordered mind, or PDd one for that matter, actually see?
When the blind spots are self centered past the point of reason?
When the focus/locus of comprehension of self and other is warped by emotions?
What can you possibly see?
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:42 am

Uphill battle.
He's a non, yet they've actually asked him not to leave more than once.
I've never seen this before here.
Find another target.
~DaTuRa.Ad.Nm
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Postby ShaolinMonk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 am

It's a conversation. You know what that is?

Do you think ASPD might be useful to society?
Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:59 am

Reaper

Well at one point I was borderline then they decided it was just trauma.
Then borderline.
Then bipolar.
Then trauma.

Then back to schizoeffective like they first said 15 years ago (I get psychosis symptoms but oddly enough I stay in reality and functioning. Antipsychotics do nothing other than dull me mentally and flatlines me emotionally)
I think I may be back to bipolar and trauma currently.

I've been around some ASPD's and have learned to mimic some traits which has actually made my life more effective and less emotionally draining.

I'd like to know more about the behavioural and thought process differences in regards to psychopaths... everything I've ever found is contradictory.

-- Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm --

Rogue King

What is it that I am saying that is a projection?

I'm not arguing types of lives or demons.

I'm saying they could be and some are extremely useful.

I'll even go 'new agey' enough to say they're a type of catalyst.
What better way to bring out other's fake persona's and true colours than to throw an ASPD (especially with any charisma) into the mix?
And then watch everyone crash and burn.

'Were they ever about fairness?'

That's what were supposed to think.

And the theory of frontal lobe developing and growing throughout evolution suggests that is the general direction we're supposed to head in:
Reptile (selfish) -> Dolphin or Dog (can show altruism beyond its own 'pack' as well as what looks like love) -> Humans

I think general society likes to claim things like love and fairness and that doctors, police, lawyers, teachers are supposed to at least look like they're doing so.

And don't you agree that the general population is becoming dumber and more passive than ever before?

That would affect how you see things, wouldn't it?
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:57 am

ShaolinMonk wrote:It's a conversation. You know what that is?

Naw, I don't know what conversation is.

I'm just an @ss who arrived late for the party.

I'm trying to do what everyone else is doing, but I can't seem to catch up - even with parallel play..
~DaTuRa.Ad.Nm
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Postby ShaolinMonk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:47 am

DaturaInnoxia wrote:

Naw, I don't know what conversation is.

I'm just an @ss

That is unfortunate.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ViniStonemoss » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:47 am

ShaolinMonk wrote:What can you possibly see?

It's not black and white. You may have blind spots, that does not make your entire personality garbage.

Some people have insight into this, not into that, so you can trust that they will figure things out in certain areas, while in some others they can't help but let themselves down.

Most people live in this grey area IMO...
ViniStonemoss
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Postby Reaper » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:26 am

Do you think ASPD might be useful to society?
Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:59 am

Reaper

Well at one point I was borderline then they decided it was just trauma.
Then borderline.
Then bipolar.
Then trauma.

Then back to schizoeffective like they first said 15 years ago (I get psychosis symptoms but oddly enough I stay in reality and functioning. Antipsychotics do nothing other than dull me mentally and flatlines me emotionally)
I think I may be back to bipolar and trauma currently.

I've been around some ASPD's and have learned to mimic some traits which has actually made my life more effective and less emotionally draining.

I'd like to know more about the behavioural and thought process differences in regards to psychopaths... everything I've ever found is contradictory.

That would affect how you see things, wouldn't it?

Christ, for a brief moment I thought you were claiming that was something I said, but it's not.

I don't even remotely remember DaturaInnoxia telling me any of that stuff. That's not to say she didn't of course. I seem to have a very selective memory with what people tell me.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:51 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby saucygirl31 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:07 pm

intervene someone? don't be a dick bro.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:51 am

Postby ShaolinMonk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:39 pm

ViniStonemoss wrote:
ShaolinMonk wrote:What can you possibly see?

It's not black and white. You may have blind spots, that does not make your entire personality garbage.

Who is responding, xdude? or someone else?
This is not about me, this is xdude's thread about him.

Some people have insight into this, not into that, so you can trust that they will figure things out in certain areas, while in some others they can't help but let themselves down.

Most people live in this grey area IMO...

Let themselves down by making erroneous assumptions, is that your meaning?
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post