Our partner

Questions About Boredom and Homicidal Ideation

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Questions About Boredom and Homicidal Ideation

Postby Schwärmer » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:40 pm

I know not everyone with ASPD will have thoughts about homicide but I was curious, seeing as how boredom is also common among those with ASPD, if you find that it amplifies the homicidal ideation?

How destructive can you become when the boredom is excessive?(As in when you fail to find something for an extended period of time that soothes it for a while.)

Have you ever dropped hints about who you really are to other people out of boredom?

Any stories about destructive behavior due to boredom that you are willing to share?
Schwärmer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Questions About Boredom and Homicidal Ideation

Postby ShaolinMonk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:10 pm

Suppose if you lived a typical existence of everything handed out to you with zero effort, internet games etc, boredom would be a problem.

Choose another type of environment, and staying alive will relieve your boredom.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:22 am

Postby Reaper » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:26 pm

Schwärmer wrote:I know not everyone with ASPD will have thoughts about homicide but I was curious, seeing as how boredom is also common among those with ASPD, if you find that it amplifies the homicidal ideation?

Yes, it certainly does. Boredom leads to frustration, frustration leads to feelings of aggression, and aggression leads to homicidal urges.

How destructive can you become when the boredom is excessive?(As in when you fail to find something for an extended period of time that soothes it for a while.)

I wouldn't say I become destructive as such. I don't go around destroying things, but I will go out looking for potential prey.

Have you ever dropped hints about who you really are to other people out of boredom?

Yes. I won't say how.

Any stories about destructive behavior due to boredom that you are willing to share?

I've stalked people online for their personal information, planned multiple murders, and hunted people, but none of that is destructive as such.

I could tell you a lot of stories involving murder, especially about the people who were willing to pay me to help them live out their death fantasy. The ways in which some of them wanted to be killed are really fuking weird. I didn't kill any of them though of course.

I might share some stories later. I'm a little busy at the moment.
Last edited by Reaper on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:22 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ShaolinMonk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:29 pm

I could tell you a lot of stories

Florid is the imagination of the bored, is it not?
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:32 pm

ShaolinMonk wrote:

Yes, but these are stories of things that were actually discussed and planned to happen in real life, not something I made up in my own mind.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:22 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ShaolinMonk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Nice.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby cinnamoncookie » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:12 pm

ShaolinMonk wrote:

Evidently going by the existence of this account.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:22 am

Postby ShaolinMonk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:14 pm

And yours is more special, is that correct?
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Moloko » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 pm

People can be conditioned to accept anything over time. I'm relatively open with who I am when it serves me. I can make comments about wanting to hurt/kill someone to coworkers and they are usually engage in hypothetical conversation where we discuss methods and situations. Occassionally, someone will be silent or mention that I should take it easy. But thats more the exception than the rule.
Moloko
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Postby saucygirl31 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:41 pm

i typically dont default to murder, but yeah like if im isolated for long enough the idea will cross my mind.

im not a naturally violent person, so when im bored i like to go out in public transportation, walk the streets, etc. the idea of destroying things is just kinda idle in my mind and is only really activated when either drunk or triggered.

i've had to deal with boredom my whole life.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:22 am

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post