Our partner

How do you deal with Alcohol?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

How do you deal with Alcohol?

Postby Occvlt » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:14 pm

I know many of us abuse substances, but this question is more specific:

If I have important things to do, and work sometimes, I am capable to fully ignore the need of drinking. But If I am free of time, alone or with people, boredom leads to the need of drinking and getting tipsy because it feels funnier compared to be sober. Tho I relized how stupid it is to spend such amount of time and money on it.

How do you people deal with it?
Sometimes I wish to control it more in such ocassions, spend it in a better way, but boredem is just too big. Any method to keep it in control?
Occvlt
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How do you deal with Alcohol?

Postby saucygirl31 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:40 pm

alcohol is an excuse for me to act on my thoughts. it's my absolute biggest risk factor in regard to reoffending. if I do it I try to do it moderately and alone.

how to have self control? g idk, if u were using it merely to get out of bordem I don't see how self control would be an issue, unless it already is. but typically the only people who can't drink moderately or can't control it are trying to escape uncomfortable feelings. maybe bordem.. probably something more.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:51 am

Postby Reaper » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Alcohol doesn't seem to have much affect on me. I'm pretty much the same person while drinking as I am sober. The more I drink the more it affects my gross motor skills obviously, but in general, it doesn't really change me in any significant way.

Unlike most people, I'm not a very inhibited person naturally, so I don't need alcohol to become less inhibited. Everything I've done while drunk, I've also done while sober - aside from walking around in public with a knife in my hand. That was the exception. I've never done that while sober. Then again, I did take a knife into a therapy session once, but it's not like I was walking around in public with it. Though, there was that time I took a hunting knife out in public at a shopping center, but that was to hand to a butcher over the counter so he could sharpen it for me.

Anyway, the point is... fuk, I don't even remember now what point I was trying to make.

In summary, I deal with alcohol pretty well I think. I don't drink till I black out anymore and I seem to be able go without it easily enough when I want to. I don't seem to get sucked into addiction like other people do. I can crave a drink when I'm bored or stressed, or when around others who are drinking, but I can just as easily go without it too.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:51 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ZeroZ » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:46 pm

:roll:
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Postby Reaper » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:50 pm

What... So I mentioned what I've done with knives. Big deal.

I know that's why you're eyerolling at me.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZeroZ » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:53 pm

Reaper wrote:What... So I mentioned what I've done with knives. Big deal.

I know that's why you're eyerolling at me.

This is just how I excersize my eyeballs, guilty conscience? I’m watching you buddy
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Postby Reaper » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:01 pm

ZeroZ wrote:This is just how I excersize my eyeballs, guilty conscience? I’m watching you buddy

lol, I never feel guilty about anything, darlin.

Keep exercising them eyeballs. I'd hate for you to have fat eyes.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Reaper wrote:Alcohol doesn't seem to have much affect on me. I'm pretty much the same person while drinking as I am sober. The more I drink the more it affects my gross motor skills obviously, but in general, it doesn't really change me in any significant way.

damn.

alcohol changes the hell out of me.

i am very put together irl so a couple beers and i start trolling harder than i do online by threatening and harrassing ppl, go from calm as fuk to raging and back again, etc.

im chill as all hell, but my mind goes straight to the gutter. so if i am provoked or am in a situation where i can troll someone, i go 0 to 100 real quick.

i remember my ex said "u always joke about killing me, but ud never do it, pussy". i just looked at her while sitting on the bed. just chilling. but it was pretty uncomfortable because i had to control my thoughts and behaviors. i wanted to act on them just to show her im no joke, but figured i shouldnt........ so i have self control while under the influence but she called the cops on me ultimately i forget why.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheUnknownofall » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:50 pm

I drink in my free time and when I am bored, and or feel bad..No never at work.

Perhaps 3 times a week if I can.

And, my reaction to it is basically what I think my true borderline, random and fuked up self is.
Thing is, I can control myself, at one point I was alone ..which I usually am, and after getting drunk af.
I still walked home through cars and somehow survived.

so yeah, I am probably the weirdest $#%^, but hey that's all folks.
TheUnknownofall
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post