Our partner

Personal Entropy.

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Personal Entropy.

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:21 am

Things are more stable when they're not complex.

For example: a blob of clay is more stable that a thrown pot. The pot can sag and dent and, if left, will eventually succumb to annihilation to return to a lump.

People are the same. If you do nothing and have no achievements then you're like the blob of clay. You may be dull and uninspiring, but the lack of complexity means that you don't need to worry about it falling apart. You are resilient.

If we try to break away from our stable state and become more, we're creating a structure that becomes vulnerable. If you have a job, you buy a house, a car, create a lifestyle etc, which can all be lost with little effort.

Discuss. This carries 20% of your overall grade and will be on the end-of-year test.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Personal Entropy.

Postby vcrpamphlet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:04 am

Would make a well thought-out reply but the full-stop in the thread title is too intimidating.
vcrpamphlet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:08 am

vcrpamphlet wrote: the full-stop in the thread title is too intimidating.

Try to view it as less of an end and more of an opening to fresh ideas.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby saucygirl31 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:39 pm

is there a way to simply keep it unstable?

instability doesn't seem so complex when ur used to it.

off the top of my head, keeping it simple, curious how others make this more complex than it needs to be.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:31 am

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:12 pm

I personally would not view gaining a house and car as becoming more.
Getting these add ons is practically guaranteed if one follows the rules and has enough time to lumber along.

Back to the idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifragility
not all systems are robust or resilient. Some are antifragile.

Somehow life has not only persisted, but thrived and multiplied in all it's complex diversity despite numerous extinction events.

The second law of thermodynamics is for closed systems. Our experience of the world is neither homogeneous nor are we even sure of how closed it is. Life is weird. It's really really weird.

-- Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:20 am --

All that being said, one of the most resilient little buggers is ways of thinking. Chiefly binary thinking. Eternal war between good vs evil. right vs wrong. truth vs lies. And maybe Aristotle and Plato and their reason>emotions. If only old men got laid more and were not so afraid of women maybe billions of people wouldn't be splitting so hard and needing to hide behind rational ideals thousands of years later.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:24 pm

I bring up the second point because what one views as persons, and thus by extension being personal is highly contextual and fluid. Who one thinks "I am" is basically a patchwork of hand me down copies of copies that mix with the culture and other persons one interacts with.

A person who becomes more would thus be someone that has effectively turned themselves into part of the psychic structure that makes up all persons to come.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Oblivion » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:33 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:Things are more stable when they're not complex.

For example: a blob of clay is more stable that a thrown pot. The pot can sag and dent and, if left, will eventually succumb to annihilation to return to a lump.

People are the same. If you do nothing and have no achievements then you're like the blob of clay. You may be dull and uninspiring, but the lack of complexity means that you don't need to worry about it falling apart. You are resilient.

If we try to break away from our stable state and become more, we're creating a structure that becomes vulnerable. If you have a job, you buy a house, a car, create a lifestyle etc, which can all be lost with little effort.

This sounds like an endorsement.

My most prevalent psychological conditions (OCD, OCPD and SPD) work in tandem to create the perfect storm of personal entropy. I lack the emptiness and loss of self that is common with more severe cases of schizoid PD. Avolition and anhedonia but a lack of apathy create an incongruity that sends me in a spiral of self-defeating dysfunction. Ambition is tempered by an inability to focus properly. I am anything but dull and uninspiring, despite the fact that while others climb mountains and rebuild cities, I struggle to get the dishes done.

What is this topic doing in this sub-forum? I will be watching it closely, nevertheless.

This carries 20% of your overall grade and will be on the end-of-year test.

Required viewing.
Kids need to know they suck.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Postby salles » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:12 am

I find this interesting even though i'm not stoned and would like to answer it from a chemical and metaphorical point of view.
however I am struggling with the first line.

justonemoreperson wrote:For example: a blob of clay is more stable that a thrown pot. The pot can sag and dent and, if left, will eventually succumb to annihilation to return to a lump.

is the blob of clay thrown into the pot?
Is the pot thrown empty or with the blob of clay in it?
Does the pot turn into a lump, or the blob of clay is the lump?
:|
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:31 am

Postby ZeroZ » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:21 am

I’m not familiar with pottery, all I can say from what I’ve observed is it’s usually when my life gets stressful and I don’t have the ability to keep things under control. I start using more substances and gradually ‘forget’ for lack of better terms about my life and this usually includes my responsibilities. Everything just goes out the window and I revert back into myself at the exclusion of the entire world.

At this point nothing matters to me especially order, simplicity, it’s just about taking care of my needs
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZeroZ » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:54 am

^Now that I think more about it, it might actually be about simplicity all about it in fact. In the sense that I start powering down all systems I don’t absolutely need. Hmmmm
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post