Our partner

Anti-social Behavior

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Anti-social Behavior

Postby Reaper » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 am

Please note that anti-social in this context means 'against society'. Anti-social behavior is behavior that is not socially acceptable, whether it be committing a criminal act or just doing something that goes against the social norms of society in other ways, such as being disruptive and rebellious.

Questions 1, 2, and 4 are for everyone to answer, where applicable:

1. Do you often behave in an anti-social way? Explain why you do or do not.

2. When was the last time you behaved in an anti-social way? What did you do?

3. If you have AsPD, when was the first time your anti-social behavior really became noticeable to others?

4. Do you think you're more anti-social now than when you were younger or less so? If there is noticeable change in your behavior, what do you think caused it?
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:15 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anti-social Behavior

Postby ZeroZ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:03 pm

1. Do you often behave in an anti-social way? Explain why you do or do not.

No, Not in the sense you are asking I don’t think. With me I reject social norms, I tend to dislike people who follow them blindly and I do have urges to lash out constantly. I am able to hold these in check for the most part now unless my stress level reaches terminal levels

2. When was the last time you behaved in an anti-social way? What did you do?

Depends what you are asking, but it’s been awhile in any serious way.

3. If you have AsPD, when was the first time your anti-social behavior really became noticeable to others?

Very early on, probably as early back as I can think, it really became a huge issue when I started JR. High school. So I’d imagine around 13ish

4. Do you think you're more anti-social now than when you were younger or less so? If there is noticeable change in your behavior, what do you think caused it?

Its an odd response but this is the best I can answer this... outwardly way less anti-social, I can easily get along in most circumstances and I don’t do things that will get me in trouble but internally it’s so much worse, I have turned more to drinking and self destructive tendencies to cope with the anti social thoughts and urges which ultimately causes me more grief. So act out ruin my life, keep it in ruin my health...
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby saucygirl31 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:02 pm

1). sometimes. i think I do it bcuz it's cool.
2). last time I was antisocial was.. idk I guess when I yelled at someone like a week ago.
4). ya I'm more antisocial now cuz I have less structure - no loving family to help me be good and in a chaotic environment.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:15 pm

Postby Reaper » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:14 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:4). ya I'm more antisocial now cuz I have less structure - no loving family to help me be good and in a chaotic environment.

Why doesn't your family still support you? Is it because of your behavior or something else?

The funny thing about my family is, although I've never done a single thing for them and they complain about how selfish I am and how I just use them, they continue to let me do so. Probably cause I always tell them what I know they want to hear, aside from when we argue over stupid shlt of course.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:30 pm

yes largely my behavior. you got urself into this mess u get urself out u know? plus I'm an asshole. they have like 3 houses and I live in a group home rofl.

tbh I like fending for myself if they gave me everything I think 1). id be spoiled and have less a diverse personality and 2). would be real bored.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Reaper wrote:The funny thing about my family is, although I've never done a single thing for them and they complain about how selfish I am and how I just use them, they continue to let me do so. Probably cause I always tell them what I know they want to hear, aside from when we argue over stupid shlt of course.

my parents always knew i was off, and by and large put up w me being selfish, in fact cater to my needs as often as they can, but u see they have very high standards for me because they know my potential, and so do i.

lets see.. they put me through college, got me out of a $5,000 eviction notice for failure to pay rent when i worked in finance, bought me a car (which i totaled), and etc. but ever snce i got in trouble w the law they sort of realized nothing they can do for me helps and ill continue to get in trouble regardless of how much they do for me.

does that make sense.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby morbid3 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:51 am

Not sure if you want to hear from neurotypicals with no diagnosed or suspected disorders here but anyway:

1) Depending on definition never, or rarely.
2) I don't know if this qualifies but I let my dogs run off leash a lot. It's not allowed where I live but I don't care. It annoys some people and scares the very few who are genuinely afraid of dogs. (But when I realize that someone is genuinely afraid, I put them back on leash asap.) Also, I give hostile stares to people who don't treat their dogs right, and on occasion even yell at someone for the same.
4) If my behavior even qualifies as anti-social, yeah, probably more the older I get. I'm just less intimidated by nonsensical social norms and laws, and less afraid of conflict.

But apart from the above I'm probably what you'd call an upstanding citizen.
morbid3
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:15 am

Postby Reaper » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:08 am

saucygirl31 wrote:but u see they have very high standards for me because they know my potential, and so do i.

Yet, according to this next quote they don't even consider you worth their time:

but ever snce i got in trouble w the law they sort of realized nothing they can do for me helps and ill continue to get in trouble regardless of how much they do for me.

Maybe at one stage they thought you had potential and had hope for you, but according to your own statement, you're just a lost cause now.

I suspect that you're not very honest on this forum, about your family or your situation. I say it how I see it and you, dear boy, want to appear more anti-social than you really are.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:12 am

Maybe at one stage they thought you had potential and had hope for you, but according to your own statement, you're just a lost cause now.

no if u understood wright ud realize that while they have high standards for me, they cut off because everything they do for me is not enough to keep me on the right path. doesn't mean they think any different about my potential. if anything it exactly shows they think I have potential otherwise they wouldn't feel comfortable w me fending for myself.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:15 am

morbid3 wrote:Not sure if you want to hear from neurotypicals with no diagnosed or suspected disorders here but anyway:

Yes I do, because responses from neurotypicals can be just as interesting.

But apart from the above I'm probably what you'd call an upstanding citizen.

Why do you frequent this forum? I'm just curious.

saucygirl31 wrote:

no if u understood wright ud realize that while they have high standards for me, they cut off because everything they do for me is not enough to keep me on the right path. doesn't mean they think any different about my potential. if anything it exactly shows they think I have potential otherwise they wouldn't feel comfortable w me fending for myself.

If they thought you had potential still they'd want to encourage that and support it, but if anything you've said is true, you're not in their circle anymore. They've kicked you out of it.

They've put you out on the street like an unwanted dog, to fend for yourself. Clearly you're not worth their time anymore.
Last edited by Reaper on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post