Our partner

Query on ASPD traits, potential overlap

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Query on ASPD traits, potential overlap

Postby backintown » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:49 am

Hello I could really use an opinion from those diagnosed with ASPD :D

I'm diagnosed with Schizotypal personality disorder, it's been a few years since my diagnosis. When the psychiatrist took a look at me I was a psychadelics user, which definitely triggered a lot of delusions. With mental help I have overcome a lot of this, though life is a hell of a lot more boring now.

After looking at my life history I've realised there's a lot there that I might be able to put down to the risky impuslive behaviour of having a personality disorder, but some of it is arguably a bit more sinister than "I'm wacky!"

Without boring you too much with details, here are some examples of my persistant behaviour:

1. Compulsive and pathological lying
2. Deceit, manipulation, Machiavellianism
3. Shoplifting and stealing in general
4. Drug dealing
5, Lying to police when interrogated (I mean obviously lol)
6. Verbal abuse, tearing into people's insecurities
7. Generally wearing a "mask" of being nice
8. Long term stalking
9. Using people's empathy by telling sob stories to get things like money and sex
10. A feeling of superiority

I don't actually think I'm a psychopath, but many people have referred to me as such over the years, which ###$ with my head a lot but I'm currently having a moment of clarity that I might be. I'm not going to the psychiatrist over this, I don't want this $#%^ on file. I'm posting here so anyone with ASPD can give me some feedback on whether they relate to this behaviour or not.

As for violence, I'm not violent as I couldn't even throw a punch. But I've thrown things at people and threatened violence, at one point being labelled a "moderate" threat by the doctor which shocked me. I have daily fantasies of sadistically torturing those who have laughed at me or not treated me with respect, sometimes rape, but I'd never kill or rape because I don't want to risk going down for murder, I like my freedom thanks. All that stays in my head!

So in conclusion, diagnosed Schizotypal personality disorder but not suffering from full delusions anymore, just the occasional little schizo niblet of ideas of reference and anxieties. Wondering if any of the above points to something like ASPD symptoms, or maybe something I'm not aware of. Or maybe I'm just an asshole.

Thanks a lot. :mrgreen:
backintown
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Query on ASPD traits, potential overlap

Postby saucygirl31 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:31 am

idk.

stick around and post maybe ull feel like u have similar lines of thinking as people who have/think they have antisocial behavior.

im ony diagnosed bipolar, and my antisocial traits were thought to be because of it, but now that im stable im largely being treated for antisocial. its a real problem, tbh. :shock:

well, moreso for others than for me, but ya know.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:44 pm

Postby Reaper » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:00 am

saucygirl31 wrote:im ony diagnosed bipolar, and my antisocial traits were thought to be because of it, but now that im stable im largely being treated for antisocial.

It sounds like you're being treated for the antisocial behavior, not AsPD as such. You can be antisocial and not have AsPD, which makes me wonder...

What antisocial behavior have you done since you've been stable?

Actually, this gives me an idea for a new thread.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:44 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby saucygirl31 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:04 pm

honestly reaper ive done a lot of sketchy sht just take my word for it.

im sure u have also.

but to b clear we both don't think i feel guilt and remorse so its a bit more than just behavior.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 am

saucygirl31 wrote:honestly reaper ive done a lot of sketchy sht just take my word for it.

Well, sure, I could take your word for it, but if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have fuking asked you already what you've actually done. So, how about you satisfy my curiosity, stop beating around the bush and answer the question.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:44 am

Postby saucygirl31 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:03 pm

- yelled at people
- called ppl names
- eaten gross food
- ran red lights

i guess antisocial isn't too big a problem for me, on second thought.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:13 pm

backintown wrote:1. Compulsive and pathological lying
4. Drug dealing
8. Long term stalking
9. Using people's empathy by telling sob stories to get things like money and sex

Tbh when I read a list like this it's to take it seriously as a question about AsPD because it all feels very normal. Who hasn't pinched stuff, shifted weed or addys on the side, denied it when questioned, been nice in public, lied for no reason and shouted people down, taken advantage of people being weak and felt superior because of it, and been a little bit obsessed with somebody whether online or offline

Most people I know have probably fit all of this at some point in their life
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZeroZ » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:- yelled at people
- called ppl names
- eaten gross food
- ran red lights

i guess antisocial isn't too big a problem for me, on second thought.

I have no clue what your ongoing court case is about but the fact that it’s still being strung out tells me it’s probably got some serious implications. My opinion having been through the system and not too far from you, I’d say you sound ASPD but your T either decided the bi polar was enough to explain whatever it is you did, she didn’t feel you sufficiently met the childhood behavioral requirements of conduct disorder, and or simply gave you a break, being that and unmedicated Bi polar adds to your defense atleast grants possible leniency on sentencing, whereas ASPD would aid prosecution. I was so fucused on my case that nothing that big bird looking retard would have said to me would have made a piss hole in the snow of a difference.
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Postby backintown » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:09 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:
backintown wrote:1. Compulsive and pathological lying
4. Drug dealing
8. Long term stalking

Tbh when I read a list like this it's to take it seriously as a question about AsPD because it all feels very normal. Who hasn't pinched stuff, shifted weed or addys on the side, denied it when questioned, been nice in public, lied for no reason and shouted people down, taken advantage of people being weak and felt superior because of it, and been a little bit obsessed with somebody whether online or offline

Most people I know have probably fit all of this at some point in their life

Thanks. I didn't come here thinking I had it, more I wanted to rule it out. Psychiatrist says I dwell on the past too much anyways, which probably lead me here in the first place. No guilt attached but that dwelling probably means I don't have ASPD. I suppose I've just been a bit naughty. After all the years of people calling me a psychopath, I did start to think it was a possibility, but a lot of normal every day people will think that. Stupid people at least.

I agree with the Schizotypal personality disorder diagnosis, and my behaviour could just be put down to risk and impulsiveness from having a personality disorder. As for things like superficial charm or Machiavellianism they're just survival traits, you'll find producers in Hollywood or politicians and lawyers are going to have forms of that in some way or another.
backintown
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby solemnlysworn » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Not everybody is a bleeding heart and being able to create social advantage isn't disorderly. It's always behavioural traits that you have to watch out for. When antisocial tendencies become pervasive then it's an issue. So long as it's not getting you into trouble, it's not an issue, by definition.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post