Our partner

Hypocrisy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Hypocrisy

Postby xdude » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:11 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:the one where he gets a paper cut then dies.

That song was amazing to hear live, oh what a story.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ShaolinMonk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:38 pm

xdude wrote:Curious what you all think...

My therapist is a self proclaimed Christian, and yet...

1.) People who are less well off then I (and him, because they live in those $#%^ hole countries) can suck it, fail let them die.

2.) I Trust in God, but I need weapons.

3.) Everyone is God's children, but I believe some people deserve to suffer because of their skin color, or their sexual orientation.

I find this all to be markedly stupid, but obviously my opinion is just one of many...

Others thoughts cool. This forum might actually provide some real truths vs the sugar bs.

So, what do you suggest is the solution?
It's one thing to complain, but what are you doing to do about it?
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:40 am

Postby xdude » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:49 pm

ShaolinMonk wrote:So, what do you suggest is the solution?
It's one thing to complain, but what are you doing to do about it?

There isn't a solution, other then sometimes being aware, and personal choice on how to deal with it.

Some hypocrisy might serve some evolutionary advantage too, otherwise it would been weeded out, but it hasn't been completely eradicated, so there is probably some reason why it works at times and so will persist. More on that below.

It's fine, but being entirely oblivious to hypocrisy is annoying when having a good convo, but hey, that is just something I enjoy a good challenging and thoughful convo with people who are not entirely oblivious.

I use the poker analogy. The best poker players (besides knowing the odds) have no tells. The best way to have no tells is to really believe your own bluffs. From an evolution point of view, being blind can be an advantage too. We are all blind to various aspects of our nature.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Postby ShaolinMonk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:53 pm

Es gibt immer eine losung.

There is always a solution, just have to create it. ( not everybody is going to like it though )
Hypocrisy; existence makes hypocrites of everyone at some point in time or another, it merely depends whose backside was lit on fire for the effect.
ShaolinMonk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:40 am

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post