Our partner

Hypocrisy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Hypocrisy

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:44 am

Dazz wrote:But that example is true, an example is that many of the Italians that came over to America were hardworking decent people, but they still took the jobs from Americans, and many Italians were rapists, murderers, lazy, etc, and we're talking about Italians here, not the lower quality masses of immigrants that have flooded America since the hostile 1965 immigration act.

Not sure if it's true of Italian-Americans, but the same reasoning is being used in the UK with the farce of Brexit.

A bunch of people in the UK, arguing about the immigrants from Europe, when what they really don't like is brown-skinned pakis, who don't come from Europe.

Seriously, if someone enters the UK, not speaking the language and not entitled to apply for 70% of the available jobs, with no national insurance number can take your job, just how f*cking useless are you?

The reality is that most immigrants are grateful for the jobs and so work hard at them, when nationals sit around thinking they're too good for the jobs the immigrants take.

UK, America, Australia, etc - all countries who owe their entire economy and structure to immigration now complaining about the same thing that put them there.

What a bunch of f*ckwits.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:08 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:52 am

justonemoreperson wrote:Not sure if it's true of Italian-Americans, but the same reasoning is being used in the UK with the farce of Brexit.

Farce for sure. I doubt those who are pro brexit get that the bad blood is going to affect them far worse than any sense of national pride. This item was made in Britian? feck it, they are assholes.

Short term thinking ruins companies too.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ZeroZ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:00 am

The problem here has nothing to do with skin color but more with culture. Many Mexican immigrants here illegally like to start little ‘businesses’ landscaping business is a good example I use a lot. So they aren’t a legal business don’t employee legal workers so the tax code is out the window and they can pay their workers peanuts, they then in turn go around and undercut anyone out there trying to do it legally because there is no way they can complete on price and by the time people figure out what a shlt job they have done it’s too late they are gone.

Nobody I talk to has a problem with LEGAL immigration, it’s people sneaking over the border and trying to surpass the same laws and standards that I and everyone else who was born here are held too, they get a work visa, refuse to show up to renew it because why bother they aren’t paying taxes anyway so good luck with that. Now they are getting pissy because ICE aid rounding them up and deporting them, too fuking bad you want to play the game don’t cry when you lose.
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dazz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am

In regards to UK, people are against those from Europe coming over too, why did you make it a racial thing? As for the supposed blessed economy immigrants bring nations, you are just exemplifying what I said about anti-immigrants being tools of capitalism/system, the system allows masses of workers in to distract the workers within the country and focus their energy on the newcomers rather than on the oppressive system itself, also I don't care about the GDP, I care about ethnic and cultural survival.

xdude wrote:@Dazz I know you are right wing, and that's fine, but the reality is we in the USA are killing each other and wounding each other at such a rate that the rare few terrorism events are irrelevant, except to keep us all distracted. If it is really about pain or death count then the 'terrorists' are in the minority, Americans kill and maim most of us, but again the hypocrisy, no emotion about that, only if a 'terrorist' does it, then the USA gets emotional. The bullet wounds don't hurt anymore no matter the ideology behind it though.

I must disagree that I am right wing, as any online political test will show you I am more left wing, but that said left and right have essentially been meaningless terms since they stopped referring to where people sat during the French Revolution...but anyway, you changed the subject to "terrorism", when originally you said rape, murders, lazy, etc, also to me an immigrant or its kids doesn't become an American just because they got a passport or a piece of paper, whats the racial demographics of these Americans killing each other? But I agree with selective caring, an example would be that black mass shooters tend to be ignored or given little attention, while white mass shooters are promoted as indicative of the dangers of White people in general and given much attention.
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:24 am

The false choices offered by spectacular abundance — choices based on the juxtaposition of
competing yet mutually reinforcing spectacles and of distinct yet interconnected roles (signified
and embodied primarily by objects) — develop into struggles between illusory qualities designed
to generate fervent allegiance to quantitative trivialities. Fallacious archaic oppositions are re-
vived — regionalisms and racisms which serve to endow mundane rankings in the hierarchies
of consumption with a magical ontological superiority — and pseudoplayful enthusiasms are
aroused by an endless succession of ludicrous competitions, from sports to elections. Wherever
abundant consumption is established, one particular spectacular opposition is always in the fore-
front of illusory roles: the antagonism between youth and adults. But real adults — people who
are masters of their own lives — are in fact nowhere to be found. And a youthful transformation
of what exists is in no way characteristic of those who are now young; it is present solely in the
economic system, in the dynamism of capitalism. It is things that rule and that are young, vying
with each other and constantly replacing each other.

62 - the society of the spectacle
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:08 am
Blog: View Blog (15)

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:48 am

Dazz wrote:In regards to UK, people are against those from Europe coming over too, why did you make it a racial thing?

I didn't make it a racial thing; it's simply what it is. No one cares that most hotel staff are Polish; people associate immigration with brown people. Loads of Europeans are leaving to head back to their countries, while Brits continue to run their pubs in Lanzarotte.

Is there a mass move for all these British jobless people to suddenly apply for hotel cleaning jobs? No; we now have a gap on lower end workers.

And, those Europeans who don't want to leave, are now being given resident rights. So, for those looking for Brexit to clear them all out, what it's doing is giving them the right to stay forever - like the rest of us immigrants.

Aussies don't care that Melbourne is full of Pommies (while most London pubs are staffed by Aussies) they just don't want Ching-chongs coming in. I agree that it's about culture; nothing to do with jobs, the economy, or even immigration; people just want to blame stuff on whatever happens to be different.

All thanks to Nigel Farage, with his German wife and kids.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby vcrpamphlet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:19 pm

The worst are the New Zealanders, blending in after a year or two like they're one of us. Pretty sure Jacinda Ardern has a silent takeover agenda at work. Every second pisshead on Chapel St is either NZ or British - mostly bogans though, rarely the sophisticates.

Indians are the best. But there's probably a hidden bias there because we're only really meeting those with the effectiveness to move internationally.

The Asian influx is difficult to talk rationally about. Go to somewhere like Box Hill's shopping centre and you'd be forgiven for thinking you were a tourist, is how Asian-populace it is; and the CBD isn't far off these days. Our government opened easier visas for small business acquisitions, which has meant 90% of all takeaways and smaller service businesses (like locksmiths) have become Chinese-operated.

The non-racial question matters to cultural integrity, whether the Ocker/Outback/Surfy culture means anything or not. Australia's relative youth and emptiness and prosperity makes it a prime target for a cultural invasion, doesn't matter how non-racist you happen to be. Melbourne's a lot more multicultural than most foreigners seem to realise. Pretty sure it still has the largest Greek population out of Athens, and Lebanese/Turks/Indians seem to outnumber them now.

It's kind of like Civ 3, where you could take over neighbouring enemy cities through culture spread. That's what people are afraid of. But the more I think about it, the sillier that kind of entitlement seems. Hardly like White people were welcome here, or that nationalism like that can stand up to the smallest philosophical scrutiny. What makes it interesting isn't the skin differences; it's the in-grouping and social silos that are caused. The more of a certain ethnicity that arrive, the less motivation new immigrants have to participate in the community as an English speaker. Brits want to f*ck Aussies enough they blend in immediately - for the rest it's usually luck of the workplace as to whether they step outside of a comfort zone to mingle.

I worked for Telstra for 5 years (the last few in Melbourne) so was lucky to get perhaps the most diverse spread of workmates in both hemispheres: at a guess, a strictly UK lineage represented less than 5%. Indians are the best though, especially Sheikhs. Very similar senses of humour and they work way harder than we tend to.
vcrpamphlet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:08 am

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Dazz wrote:I must disagree that I am right wing, as any online political test will show you I am more left wing, but that said left and right have essentially been meaningless terms since they stopped referring to where people sat during the French Revolution...but anyway, you changed the subject to "terrorism", when originally you said rape, murders, lazy, etc, also to me an immigrant or its kids doesn't become an American just because they got a passport or a piece of paper, whats the racial demographics of these Americans killing each other? But I agree with selective caring, an example would be that black mass

shooters tend to be ignored or given little attention, while white mass shooters are promoted as indicative of the dangers of White people in general and given much attention.

It's cool. You explained your position very well, and that is all any of us can do.

I absolutely do not have any answers, but enjoy the new perspectives.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:09 pm

ZeroZ wrote:The problem here has nothing to do with skin color but more with culture. Many Mexican immigrants here illegally like to start little ‘businesses’ landscaping business is a good example I use a lot. So they aren’t a legal business don’t employee legal workers so the tax code is out the window and they can pay their workers peanuts, they then in turn go around and undercut anyone out there trying to do it legally because there is no way they can complete on price and by the time people figure out what a shlt job they have done it’s too late they are gone.

A valid point, but just to make a counter point (or a confirming point)...

Many companies use overseas labor to reduce cost. We are good with it because instead of an item costing x$, it would cost 2-3x that much if made in the USA where workers reasonably expect a decent salary vs $1 a day.

So many businesses would be out of business (or hire less people) if the cost reflected what it would cost to make in the USA, Walmart, Apple products, the Ivanka Trump line of clothing (actually almost all clothing items, just used that to point out the bigger story).

It really doesn't matter how much we make in income, what matters is the cost of goods. We all want to make more, fair enough, but we don't want to pay more, which gets into hypocritical territory.

It's the thing about economics, change any one parameter and there are undesirable side-effects. Why I don't listen to anyone who says it's an easy fix.
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZeroZ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:26 pm

I think we are not talking about the same thing, I’m referring to the hypocrisy of holding one group (US citizens) to one standard and looking the other way for another group (illegal immigrants) who are gaining an unfair advantage because they are burdened by the same overhead (taxes)

If they want to register their vehicles, insure them, get insurance on workers who may get hurt, pay their taxes in order to pay for the roads they are using to make money, so basically operate on even ground and run a legitimate business. That would of course chew their profit margin and force them out of business because all they had to sell was cheap labor to begin with and that is my point.
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post