Our partner

Hypocrisy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Hypocrisy

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 am

justonemoreperson wrote:@OP

People say they want truth but in reality they just want to hide behind lies.

I'm vastly hypocritical. I'll hold up high standards for everyone else that I flaunt myself.

You are writing truth, as much as it sucks, it is true.

I admit though I started with a presumption that hypocrisy is fail, but in reality it works at times if I am entirely honest. However, it also reminds me...

When we wave the magic wand of changing rules to suit ourselves, others will too (maybe not right away, but they will catch on), and then what is left but muck?
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:24 am

We seemed programmed to believe. I know that it's probably practical; that if we were to examine everything everyone said then it would take up all of our time, so we assume that stuff is true unless there's obvious evidence to the contrary.

People take delight in the process of lying; that there's what they call a 'duper's delight' when someone believes what you're saying to be true when it's not.

Some time ago I saw a documentary that showed that there's a process to uncover a lie that's more accurate that a polygraph, and it basically involves videoing someone when they're talking and reviewing the video afterwards.

At some point after a lie, the person will demonstrate this "duper's delight" with a subtle smile, when they realise that the lie has been believed. Sometimes it's so subtle that it has to be examined closely and sometimes more obvious. There's a bunch of videos on Youtube that demonstrate it if anyone's interested.

I'm not sure if just "telling a lie" has value though. I could create a profile as a 20-year-old black woman from Kansas, but there's little point in taking any credit from it, because it has no value and people aren't 'gullible' to believe it if there's no reason for them not to. I'd be gaining nothing.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 am

justonemoreperson wrote:We seemed programmed to believe. I know that it's probably practical; that if we were to examine everything everyone said then it would take up all of our time, so we assume that stuff is true unless there's obvious evidence to the contrary.

People take delight in the process of lying; that there's what they call a 'duper's delight' when someone believes what you're saying to be true when it's not.

Some time ago I saw a documentary that showed that there's a process to uncover a lie that's more accurate that a polygraph, and it basically involves videoing someone when they're talking and reviewing the video afterwards.

At some point after a lie, the person will demonstrate this "duper's delight" with a subtle smile, when they realise that the lie has been believed. Sometimes it's so subtle that it has to be examined closely and sometimes more obvious. There's a bunch of videos on Youtube that demonstrate it if anyone's interested.

I'm not sure if just "telling a lie" has value though. I could create a profile as a 20-year-old black woman from Kansas, but there's little point in taking any credit from it, because it has no value and people aren't 'gullible' to believe it if there's no reason for them not to. I'd be gaining nothing.

/nod some good books and hence authors on this topic, we are indeed programmed to lie.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:34 am

To use an analogy, and yea it's not the best but anyone who has played poker, once you understand the odds of each hand, it is game of lies.

Problem is people have tells, but the best players have no tells, and how do you get to that point of no tells?

Believe your own lies is how you get there. Be insane, crazy, whatever, but believe your own bluffs to the point where reality and truth becomes a mish mash, and that's how you win at poker.

Infuriating for sure but that's why those players win, and evolution theory also says, he, she, or it that believes their own story gets ahead.
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Site Admin

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:38 am

Hypocrisy has many layers.

Most people who rip in to christians don't realize that they themselves are scarcely out of christian mindset.

It permeates so deeply that they don't even suspect that they are barely different despite the obvious declarations of opposite.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:41 am

One option is not to believe your own truths. Make everything a lie, even an embellishment, so that "tells" are ignored when certain assumed lies are proven to be true.

It's a bit like stressing yourself with the control questions during a polygraph.

"I thought it was bullsh1t but then I saw the photos. Seems he's not full of sh1t after all."

After that, open season.

-- 11 Sep 2019, 09:42 --

Squaredonutwheels wrote:Hypocrisy has many layers.

Most people who rip in to christians don't realize that they themselves are scarcely out of christian mindset.

It permeates so deeply that they don't even suspect that they are barely different despite the obvious declarations of opposite.

True.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:48 am

Squaredonutwheels wrote:Hypocrisy has many layers.

A fair point, definitely worth some rethink on my end too.
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Site Admin

Postby Dazz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 am

xdude wrote:Another example -

Immigrants are rapists, murders, lazy, etc. and...

They are taking our jobs!

Those two thoughts are so completely opposite, yet it's amazing how many people don't or won't see the incongruency between those beliefs, and the only thing that is left? Lie to them, agree, or be outed.

But that example is true, an example is that many of the Italians that came over to America were hardworking decent people, but they still took the jobs from Americans, and many Italians were rapists, murderers, lazy, etc, and we're talking about Italians here, not the lower quality masses of immigrants that have flooded America since the hostile 1965 immigration act.

The issue with the anti-immigrant folk, is that they are duped and controlled as tools by capitalism and the system to focus on the immigrant itself rather than the establishment that allows them to come.
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:19 am

Dazz wrote:But that example is true, an example is that many of the Italians that came over to America were hardworking decent people, but they still took the jobs from Americans, and many Italians were rapists, murderers, lazy, etc, and we're talking about Italians here, not the lower quality masses of immigrants that have flooded America since the hostile 1965 immigration act.

The issue with the anti-immigrant folk, is that they are duped and controlled as tools by capitalism and the system to focus on the immigrant itself rather than the establishment that allows them to come.

A sane post, thanks. Infact about 100,000 people are shot by other American's every year, of which about 30 percent die, but nobody talks about the other 70 percent who may spend months recovering, or never fully recover. As long as we keep the focus on immigrants, we don't have to focus on how much bloodshed there is here. Thanks politicians!
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Site Admin

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 am

@Dazz I know you are right wing, and that's fine, but the reality is we in the USA are killing each other and wounding each other at such a rate that the rare few terrorism events are irrelevant, except to keep us all distracted. If it is really about pain or death count then the 'terrorists' are in the minority, Americans kill and maim most of us, but again the hypocrisy, no emotion about that, only if a 'terrorist' does it, then the USA gets emotional. The bullet wounds don't hurt anymore no matter the ideology behind it though.
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post