Our partner

Hypocrisy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Hypocrisy

Postby xdude » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:45 pm

ViniStonemoss wrote::D

xdude wrote:we did/do dare for women, and women didn't care for us except being useful tools.

If you are looking in all the wrong places (supply and women) instead of inside yourself for validation, naturally you set yourself up for failure.

You may be attracted to the wrong kind of women but women as a whole have nothing to do with that.

Good stuff, truth. Will take it to heart ;)
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby cinnamoncookie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 pm

xdude wrote:All good, but the misandry is something men must face and deal with. It's only hard for us to do because we did/do dare for women, and women didn't care for us except being useful tools.

But thanks for the reminder about how women really feel.

How women really feel is they don't like sexist men, sounds like you reaped what you sowed. Misandry has nothing to do with it.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:19 am

Postby ViniStonemoss » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:41 pm

There is a lot of misandry too, in the US in particular, so I get where XDude is coming from, it's just that sexism is not the answer to misandry just as misandry is not the answer to sexism.
ViniStonemoss
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dazz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Christianity is a religion of hypocrisy, so where is the hypocrisy in therapist? I fail to see how owning a weapon is an example, trusting in god allows your weapon to save you when needed...as for untermenschen, he accepts they are children of god, yet personally doesn't like them, big deal, all those serial killers who raped and murdered women are also children of god, doesn't mean you must like or love them yourself...as for the first point, he may be a child of god transcendentally, but on this earth materially he worships at the alter of money like many a corrupted soul.

Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:19 am

Postby ZeroZ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:17 pm

I started writing this and every time it turns into a whacko sounding rant, so I’ll keep it short and sweet . Hypocrisy is alive and well everywhere, people don’t realize it and wouldn’t admit it to themselves in the first place. Religious and atheists are equally as hypocritical, the right wing and left wing in politics are equally as hypocritical. Everyone finds ways to support their own stance but no one is willing To contemplate both.

Humans are hypocrisy
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Oblivion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:29 pm

More than anything else, hypocrisy is probably a psychological mechanism. It provides comfort and security by allowing the user to write and rewrite the rules as he or she goes along.

If my therapist told me she was a Christian I would get up and leave without a word. If I knew she was a Christian but she never mentioned it, I would be fine with that. People who feel the need to announce their faith apropos of nothing frequently have a biased and distorted view of the world, which can be fine in some instances, but the faithful, Christians particularly, feel compelled to act on it. Extreme religious behavior should be classified as a mental illness.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:00 am

Oblivion wrote:More than anything else, hypocrisy is probably a psychological mechanism. It provides comfort and security by allowing the user to write and rewrite the rules as he or she goes along.

Actually it is this which sucks, and is the hard truth. Being able to pick and choose the rules for personal benefit. For example -

If things turn out well, I am responsible, and if they don't, someone or something else did it.

That is the start of the most basic two rule use. It just goes on from there.

--

As for my T saying he is a Christian, that was my first reaction, to get up and leave, but then I was thinking too at least he was honest right up front. I was honest too, I am an atheist. At least we got that out of the way. It hasn't been a big problem so far, and if I only seek out mirrors of myself, probably not going to learn anything.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:07 am

ZeroZ wrote:I started writing this and every time it turns into a whacko sounding rant, so I’ll keep it short and sweet . Hypocrisy is alive and well everywhere, people don’t realize it and wouldn’t admit it to themselves in the first place. Religious and atheists are equally as hypocritical, the right wing and left wing in politics are equally as hypocritical. Everyone finds ways to support their own stance but no one is willing To contemplate both.

Humans are hypocrisy

It is very hard to contemplate what is outside our cognitive bias. I am just as guilty of hypocrisy as well. It is indeed alive and well everywhere.

Like I just posted above, I was about ready to walk out on my T but then I thought, why, so I can find someone who mirrors my beliefs? What is the point in that, I will learn nothing new. Turns out he is a good guy, very intuitive, lots of insights. As we get more into the weeds, I am actually hoping he helps me to see my own hypocrisy. A T who only tells you what you want to hear is useless.
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:24 am

ya man ud love my therapist if u like ppl who don't tell u what u wanna hear.

she swears at me, demonizes me, calls me out on lies, tells me to leave her office when I mock her/smoke weed before appointmets/call my PO a fat bitch..

without even mentioning psychopathy, she said she thinks, based on "how I describe my relationships", that my problems are based "more in insecurity than psychopathy", like as if she really was trying to figure out which I was.

for that reason I am really selective about what I tell her anymore because I feel like if I say anything remotely psychopathic she will be gunning for me.

i had her say "i feel sad for u" because i told her part of me misses the security i had in childhood w my loving family and its hard to be on the streets. but inside im laughing because id never choose to live w my parents in one of their residences merely because i like fighting for my own and thrive off of chaos, like danny DeVito in its always sunny in Philadelphia.

moral of story, im wicked fuking hungry and need to figure out what my insecuritys are.
- ur gril saucy
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Postby xdude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:37 am

saucygirl31 wrote:ya man ud love my therapist if u like ppl who don't tell u what u wanna hear.

I definitely don't love it but it helps in a way that just hearing what I want cannot.

It sucks but also it's cool. If I just wanted a mirror I could do therapy on my own.
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post