Our partner

Spreading Lies

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Spreading Lies

Postby Reaper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:23 am

Since I discovered the internet many moons ago quite a few lies have been spread about me. The latest one is that I'm a cripple in a wheelchair. Yet, strangely enough I can walk just fine, so fuk knows how that lie came about. I did mention once that I have a knee injury from doing stupid, reckless shlt years ago, but that doesn't mean I can't walk, lol.

Maybe the truth got twisted at some point and somebody got the story wrong, or maybe somebody blatantly lied about me. I've seen both happen plenty enough times online.

My question to you is, do you purposely lie about other people? If so, what's your reasoning behind it?

Has anyone spread lies about you? What are some of the interesting lies that you've either told about someone or that someone has told about you?
I don't look for trouble, I am trouble.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Spreading Lies

Postby saucygirl31 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:29 am

haha oh poor reaper I'll ignore the pathetic desire to defend urself and just answer. (stupid wheelchair bitch rofl jk)

i lie about small sht and weave it in w truth. i usually don't go omg I'm gunna lie right now it's usually off the cuff. i also lie to myself.

rumors about me? in high school some ppl think I'm gay cuz I always hang around bitches.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ZeroZ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 am

I would smash reaper over her head with her own wheelchair in a wheelchair match, let Vince McMahon know this is a go

And then lie about it, wut
I don’t like people
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:38 am

Postby Reaper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:59 am

ZeroZ wrote:I would smash reaper over her head with her own wheelchair in a wheelchair match, let Vince McMahon know this is a go

And then lie about it, wut

I'll get my walking stick and beat you to death with it. Don't threaten me, young man.

Back in my day ... *mumbles on*
I don't look for trouble, I am trouble.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Postby cinnamoncookie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:57 am

saucygirl31 wrote:i lie about small sht and weave it in w truth. i usually don't go omg I'm gunna lie right now it's usually off the cuff. i also lie to myself.

Same here.

In high school there was a rumor I threw a baby from the second floor. And no I didn't do it.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Postby ZeroZ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:09 am

On topic: I used to do this constantly when I was a kid/teenager. I’m not sure why I did it, sometimes I was just mad at the person and wanted to get them in trouble. I stopped doing this a long time ago as it’s pretty childish and reality show like and I hate those but also eventually everyone catches on to your shlt.
I don’t like people
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:01 am

It didn't use to trigger with me that what I was saying was a lie or the truth; it's just what I needed to say to get what I wanted. My lies would often be fanciful and unrealistic, and I'd get annoyed with people if they didn't believe it. Most of the time though, people expect people to tell the truth, and so would accept what I said unless it was unrealistic or they got to know me better.

My parents used to bang on about how lying was bad, but until I got older I couldn't see how it was bad if it worked.

I still have issues with it now, and have to remind myself that people say that they don't like being lied to, which is true to a degree.

I also have the problem of telling too much truth when it's not welcome.

It's not about truth or lies, it's about understanding whether a person wants to be lied to or be told the truth at the time, and the motive for why you're doing either that's important.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Postby xdude » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm

Reaper wrote:Since I discovered the internet many moons ago quite a few lies have been spread about me. The latest one is that I'm a cripple in a wheelchair. Yet, strangely enough I can walk just fine, so fuk knows how that lie came about. I did mention once that I have a knee injury from doing stupid, reckless shlt years ago, but that doesn't mean I can't walk, lol.

The internet has become a strange place where any whim can be magnified, any impulse can be written.

It's an interesting thing that most of us who worked with computers got it all wrong, the #1 use of computers would be communication, but yea sadly that includes lies too.

I could throw out some books on why people (and animals) lie, but odds are you already know the info without reading it (and it that was not a diss, just you have the insights into the darker side of humanity already).

On a personal level though, lying is neither entirely right or wrong. There are many types of lies, and many motives, and in some cases I can see why lies work for evolutionary reasons, but yea, just to smear someone, fail. Predictable though, but fail as a human being. Animals lie too, but I doubt they have the capacity to carry on a long smear tactic, that is human, and stinks.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

Postby HSS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:03 am

justonemoreperson wrote:I also have the problem of telling too much truth when it's not welcome.

It's not about truth or lies, it's about understanding whether a person wants to be lied to or be told the truth at the time

People can react badly to the truth and well to a lie, but this is particularly correct if you focus on their first emotional reaction. Try to notice their emotional reaction on the long period too. Things can change, and even capsize.

the motive for why you're doing either that's important.

Agreed.
HSS
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:38 am

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post