Our partner

People with aspd, or heck traits or even cluster B smarter?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

People with aspd, or heck traits or even cluster B smarter?

Postby TheUnknownofall » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:55 pm

So..

Not talking fully about IQ here.

In general,

Do you think people who have and, or aspd, any cluster b personality disorder and or just traits. Are they smarter or heck could even say wiser, depends on the definition to somoene without or who isn't in the cluster?

Like I'd guess somoene with aspd, might have had a traumatic even and may have learnt from it, whereas people without it didn't.

I'm just curious about the intelligence level.

What would also be interesting, is a psychopath how smart he or she is relative to a average person.
TheUnknownofall
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: People with aspd, or heck traits or even cluster B smarter?

Postby saucygirl31 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:08 pm

do u call creating a disordered personality learning from trauma?

im afraid there is no correlation.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Dazz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Cluster B types have same variance in intelligence as humans in general, people who speculate otherwise are either trying some form of cope or they've watched too many pseudo-sociopaths in movies and tv...saying someone has learnt from an experience makes them overall smarter is retarded, people with Cluster B won't experience many of the things normies do, and there is no proof anyone will learn from an experience anyway.
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Postby ZeroZ » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:53 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:do u call creating a disordered personality learning from trauma?

im afraid there is no correlation.

There is no correlation, PDs are learned behaviors, nothing more, nothing less. If you are raised by a volatile parent it would be pretty imperative to you well being to be able to read them and understand their behavior right? Well that’s why people with a PD are good at reading people, it’s a learned survival strategy, not a random adaptation
I don’t like people
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:13 am

Postby saucygirl31 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:22 pm

good point.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:21 am

Yes, Cluster B are smarter than everybody else. We can also run faster, jump higher, dance better, and fuk harder than everybody else. It's a proven fact.

Only a Cluster B can you show Heaven and Hell in one night and leave you begging for more.
I don't look for trouble, I am trouble.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:13 am

Postby ZeroZ » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:55 am

Reaper wrote:Yes, Cluster B are smarter than everybody else. We can also run faster, jump higher, dance better, and fuk harder than everybody else. It's a proven fact.

Only a Cluster B can you show Heaven and Hell in one night and leave you begging for more.

I didn’t know Autism had such good sarcasm
I don’t like people
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:13 am

Postby Greebo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:37 am

In practice it’s possible the opposite is true. There may be no correlation between PDs and Intelligence but the impairments the disorder causes may get in the way of being able to apply whatever intellect they have.

ZeroZ wrote:If you are raised by a volatile parent it would be pretty imperative to you well being to be able to read them and understand their behavior right?
You think so? A child with a volatile parent doesn’t respond to the temper tantrums by calmly thinking through their parents behaviour and trying to put themselves in their shoes. They respond with “Oh God, what have I done now!” and later “Not this $#%^ again.”

Abuse tends to produce vigilant egocentric people who neurotically observe others and erroneously relate observed behaviours to the disfunctional ones they experienced as a child. The only set of kids I know of who are documented to have improved skills in that area are those of parents with sensory difficulties, where having a deaf or blind parent does teach you to put yourself in their shoes.

It’d be nice to think there was an upside to it, but I’m pretty certain abuse just sucks.
Greebo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:25 am

I wonder about what conditions best foster empathy
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:03 am

I have no supporting evidence and don't care to provide or argue about the legitimacy of these claims I am about to make.

'Smarter' is relative to others, making it only have meaning in social context. If there is only one person and no one to compare them to, smarter has no meaning.

So

In my opinion those who suffer from narcissistic issues often are more geared towards achievements and cultivating and maintaining image than the average person, because their sense of self exists only in comparison, making them exist only in success. Failing that, successfully failing even.

so yeah, often they will be 'smarter' because they might be more driven to be more?

But all that being said, even trying to be 'smarter' is a pretty stupid. What is the point of being anything or accumulating anything if one can't enjoy it.

So year many a cluster B is 'smarter' but the smarter they are the stupider they also are.

Look at a dumbass dog that happily enjoys the sun and sticking it's nose in other dogs butts and drinking water. Isn't that pretty clever way to live?
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:13 am
Blog: View Blog (13)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post