Our partner

guilt vs paranoia

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: guilt vs paranoia

Postby creative_nothing » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:49 pm

Guilty is Just Shame in a quasi psychotic way.
Shame of an invisible God, or an introjected parent.
It is not considered psychotic because it is based on socially shared values.

Nevertheless It is out of touch with reality. In the weakest Sense It is as If we had any power or unity with our past. Sometimes It is even a quasi onipotent delusion of Power on the outcome of our actions(we Just have Power over our present actions, never about the past, never about the outcomes of our actions)

If vou have harmed anyone and regret It go on, try to fix It, and promise yourself never doing It again.

Feeling guilty wont help anyone, It is just a mild form of psychosis.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby saucygirl31 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:18 pm

okay gotcha thank u.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Postby morbid3 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:28 pm

It doesn't sound like you have this problem (of feeling guilt). It's curious though that your therapist would make a point of this. The way you described it it sounds almost as if she said that in an accusatory tone. If this is a qualified therapist and she understands your nature why would she do that? She should take that more or less for granted if she's any good at her job.
morbid3
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Postby saucygirl31 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:02 am

she really is something man let me tell u.

she's court ordered and last session I called my PO a fat fuking bitch and my t goes "SAUCY, SHUT THE FUK UP. THATS UNACCEPTABLE." curse word and all I'm like damn don't u know this room isn't sound proof.

and I've called my victim a bitch before with less a problem she tends to get more aggressive with me over time. she doesn't like my sht to say the least lol.

i guess the only reason to get worse is because she's running out of cards.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby morbid3 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:17 am

I'm like damn don't u know this room isn't sound proof.

LOL.

Yeah, she doesn't sound like she's in the right job at all. Court-appointed means you're stuck with her, I guess. Sucks.
morbid3
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Postby ArchCannon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:30 pm

I always thought that guilt is internal and shame is external. As in, you can shame someone who did bad. So basically is a kind of retaliation. But guilt is conceived in the mind of the person who did bad. Coming from the dissonance between their morality and the deed they done.
skewed body and twisted mind
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZeroZ » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:12 pm

I believe shame is directed inwards and guilt is outwards, so if you do something bad to someone you care about you are ashamed that you did it, guilt would be that you feel bad for the person you did it to instead.
I don’t like people
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:28 am

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post