Our partner

Bad experience with therapist

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Bad experience with therapist

Postby Trivago » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:45 am

That does appear to be the case. There is always an excuse for whatever the matter is, but no action on their part to change the situation, so leave them to their own devices. While others ( psuedo therapists) take it upon themselves to make a game of trying to run them into the ground for their own perverse form and giggles. That particular group of 'therapists' fall under the fruitcake category. The issues that plague that lot of freaks would triple the DSM breadth for bollox.

Depressed people only seem to affect themselves (and possibly those they land on) whereas other conditions directly affect others due to crazy violence etc.

Maybe put them in a stadium, charge people to watch, and then give them all acid and speed to see what happens.

That would fill the crypt coffers, wouldn't it?
Trivago
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:48 am

Trivago wrote:That would fill the crypt coffers, wouldn't it?

Or provide burger meat for the nuthouses.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Trivago » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:50 am

True that, but the nuthouses residents will be feeding on themselves soon enough anyways. Might as well profit before the fall.
Trivago
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Schizological1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:53 pm

I told my psychologist thoughts that people usually find disturbing, (but its no big deal for me), her body languege shows she is uncomfortable but she holds herself from responding like a normal person would as long as she knows i dont act on my urges
Schizoid pd
Previously named Eldror
Schizological1
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:26 am

Postby Trivago » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:47 pm

I told my psychologist thoughts that people usually find disturbing, (but its no big deal for me)

Contradiction exists in the statement. As if that is the case, why do you need to share those thoughts?
Trivago
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby cinnamoncookie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:Physical illness is easy to treat - you get better, accept a life of disability or die.

Mental health is significantly more difficult to treat because there is no objective test; it's all talking and trying to glean the truth from a warped perspective.

[...] Very rarely do you get significant positive results that can be measured, so failure is expected and tolerated.

That's just not true. I've seen way, way more people get "cured" after therapy than I've seen them getting stuck in a vicious cycle, which they mostly create themselves and would with or without therapy.

How do you mean it can't be measured? The way you measure it is the less you care about measuring it the better you're doing.

I don't know if this is different for older adults, I definitely felt less pressure to be more "normal" coming from my therapists the older I got, but so far I'm not flat out expected to fail. Of course they have to tolerate it if you do, if they wouldn't and you did something crazy they'd be held responsible.

justonemoreperson wrote:I think that for many, social therapy is the better option (this forum being an example to a degree), where people with similar issues discuss what they deal with in practical terms. It stops the condition being unique and removes it as an excuse as to why things can't be improved.

Sometimes people do need a kick up the arse, but it needs to be done by people who are peers, not "betters."

It's called group therapy.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Schizological1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 am

Trivago wrote:
I told my psychologist thoughts that people usually find disturbing, (but its no big deal for me)

Contradiction exists in the statement. As if that is the case, why do you need to share those thoughts?

Because we were discussing my ways of hundling a situation that i struggle with, my 3 ways of dealing with it are either being submissive and complyient or taking control of the situation in a violent way, or being myself and forcing control over situation, and then people will then treat me like $#%^ becuz im an asshole
Schizoid pd
Previously named Eldror
Schizological1
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Trivago » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:16 am

That's just not true.

He's right. And explained why .

Eldror
Because we were discussing my ways of hundling a situation that i struggle with, my 3 ways of dealing with it are either being submissive and complyient or taking control of the situation in a violent way, or being myself and forcing control over situation, and then people will then treat me like $#%^ becuz im an asshole

Nice one.
Hund and compLYIent.

Piss off

=-=-=-=-=-=
That being said, looks like the problem is you, no?
Trivago
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Schizological1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:21 pm

Trivago wrote:
That's just not true.

He's right. And explained why .

Eldror

Nice one.
Hund and compLYIent.

Piss off

=-=-=-=-=-=
That being said, looks like the problem is you, no?

Hey there asshole, im not your friend, you dont speak to me however you want
If you were near me you would be dead in 2 seconds
Dont talk back to me bitch

-- Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 pm --

If you dont like what i say skip ahead, i dont know when i was assigned to doing favors to you or to anyone else here but i dont remember doing that
So shut the ###$ up i dont owe you or anyone to be nice
Schizoid pd
Previously named Eldror
Schizological1
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Trivago » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:23 am

You walked into that one rather nicely.
Wonder, had I reversed the order of the responses previously would your answer have been any different?
Trivago
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post