Our partner

Boredom

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Boredom

Postby ZeroZ » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:24 pm

How does it feel like to you, how do you experience it. My therapist suggested my drinking and other things could be tied to emotions particularly boredom, I’m not sure I told her I just think I’m sub consciously trying to kill myself is my best guess. It most certainly could be boredom but it isn’t anything like the type of boredom I experienced when I was younger. Is there a certain feeling attached to it? Is there psychical symptoms like say getting hot when you are mad.
‘You must accept the truth’
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Boredom

Postby Greebo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:09 pm

What other people call boredom I tend to think of more as internal resistance.

It’s the inner child saying “I don’t wanna do my homework/go to bed/eat my vegetables, I wanna go out to play” and runs from a kind of irritated apathy to a frustrated agitation where you just have to do something to feel alive, which for me is usually when maniacal silliness and associated dickary occurs.

Stress is what is generated when I use aggression and cognitive control to to force behaviour in spite of the internal resistance. Basically having to behave in a way which is different from that which I naturally want to do. In order to prevent the aforementioned silliness and dickary I have to do things in order to decompress. Things that allow you to reconnect with your own mortality, or the world below the societal delusion.

I have a habit of referring to the resistance as depression and the stress as anxiety, just the result of having found that people respond more sympathetically when expressed in those terms. It’s not accurate just a bad habit picked up by repetition of using the terms interchangeably.
Greebo
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 am

Postby Manners73 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:38 pm

ZeroZ wrote:How does it feel like to you, how do you experience it. My therapist suggested my drinking and other things could be tied to emotions particularly boredom, I’m not sure I told her I just think I’m sub consciously trying to kill myself is my best guess. It most certainly could be boredom but it isn’t anything like the type of boredom I experienced when I was younger. Is there a certain feeling attached to it? Is there psychical symptoms like say getting hot when you are mad.

For me I get restless like I really need to do something. It's like something in my head saying "do it" and it's something naughty but I'm almost aching because I just have to cure it. For me this is boredom. If I don't give in to it then the ache just goes on and on until I'm in a state of depression.

When I was young I never felt bored. This is because I used to give into my urges.

As I got older and wanted to avoid prison I would cure it with alcohol or drugs.

It's hard to explain but I've tried.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZeroZ » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:00 pm

When I was younger I would have described it as an aggregated frustration, not aggressive or violent just like I had an energy or restlessness I had to get rid of somehow. I went through periods of running my dog at the time running hills like I was training for professional football or something the damn dog was getting jacked. I wish I had that type of boredom and energy again, I’d be out doing everything under the sun. I would say when I get out of work, if I don’t have anyone to talk too, even people in other countries off this board have helped. Once I sit down I get bored but nothing interests me enough to actually go and do it so I just say fuk it and grab a bottle of booze. I entertain myself so much more when I’m drinking
‘You must accept the truth’
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Postby saucygirl31 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:10 pm

some people cant tolerate boredom because they have to sit with their feelings and deal with their problems. like the type of people who try to help others to make them selves feel in control of their own problems, thinking of nurses and psychologists and past relationships.

but for me, im fine in my own thoughts, in fact its how i spend most my day. its not me procrastinating, either. its just me wanting to push the limit to get out of this feeling of... idfk. i wouldnt call it uncomfortable though, just strongly undesirable.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:36 am

Postby Manners73 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:14 pm

I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again...I've had to learn to live with being bored.

It feels like restless leg syndrome but in my head.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:29 pm

that must suck
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:40 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:that must suck

I think I've conditioned myself to it now. It's the lack of stimulation that causes it.

Work's ok I suppose because I can sit back and have jokes all day with some really cool people and I cycle 20 miles a day as well so I do get rid of some energy but it's like there's still something that's never satisfied. Most people are mainstream and I'm just not so no matter how much I can enjoy being around them there always a line that I can't cross so I'm stuck at a dead end. Maybe I should call them cul de sac people.

Anyway I've gone off topic a bit here. Sorry Z.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby saucygirl31 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:45 pm

do u ever think finding other people boring is just a projection of ur own boringness?

i often wonder, "maybe im the boring one".

and often times i am fairly boring, because i just have nothing to say.

depends on who im with largely
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:51 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:do u ever think finding other people boring is just a projection of ur own boringness?

i often wonder, "maybe im the boring one".

and often times i am fairly boring, because i just have nothing to say.

depends on who im with largely

Definitely.

Having to live like this has made me boring. That was my choice and I took it.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post