Our partner

Boredom

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Boredom

Postby Manners73 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:27 pm

saucygirl31 wrote:do u ever think finding other people boring is just a projection of ur own boringness?

i often wonder, "maybe im the boring one".

and often times i am fairly boring, because i just have nothing to say.

depends on who im with largely

Its not even really that I find people boring if I'm honest and I don't really think I was saying that.

What I'm meaning is is that I can find that I really enjoy being in the company of certain people and the hours will just fly by but my need for more stimulation will take over and I'll hit a dead end. That's not them being boring because they're not. That's me wanting more.

It used to happen all the time when I was a kid. I'll be out playing like a normal child and then the next thing is I'm throwing bricks at windows or stealing or terrorising the local shopkeeper's and residents. The other kids parents would then keep them away from me.

That's not their fault because before my urge takes over I'm just as usual as they are but then I cross a line.

That's what I'm on about.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Reaper » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:08 am

ZeroZ wrote:How does it feel like to you, how do you experience it.

It's frustrating and because I have so much energy that's not being used, the frustration leads to aggression. Then I just want to go out and kill the first fuker I see.

I feel stagnant at the moment. Everything feels dull and dead. Nothing really interests me. I want excitement and stimulation, danger and risk. I want something that reminds me I'm alive instead of this fuking boredom all the time.
justonemoreperson wrote:...but the likes of Jonna etc are too obsessed with their hatred of her to realise it (kinda makes you wonder why). If I were Reaper, I'd find that quite flattering.

She manipulates this forum, and some of the people on it, more than people realise.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:24 am

I get restless and start pacing around, looking for something to do. It's a state of mind for me. I'm happy in my own company and crave it, able to sit with my own thoughts for some time.

But, if I'm forced into it, waiting in line, for example, my tolerance goes out of the window and I get aggressive.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:31 am

I'd be hesitant to call boredom an emotion in itself. It probably is, but I don't experience it that way.

Maybe an absence or disconnect from emotions?

I don't know about you, but some of the more damaging behaviors I find myself being drawn to are rooted in sensation seeking which at it's core was to try a desperate attempt to feel something emotional.

Boredom isn't so much what's actually happening but how plain the inner world is that experiences it.

The thread that HSS posted is very interesting because it outlines ways that breakthroughs seem to happen. For me it was a combination of physically debilitating injury that's been going on for a year now; narcissistic injury of how strong I thought I was and most of all grief. Grief and loss seems to be a crack.

If you're bored, I'd invite you to try to connect with your emotions?
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:18 am

I think it's confining; that I'm stuck in something I have no control over. So I look for ways to change the situation and sometimes I have nothing at my disposal to do so, which is frustrating.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:09 pm

^^yes confining that's a good word.

I remember once seeing a bird tied to a tree by it's feet. I can remember thinking that it must have just died there like that. Frustrated.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArchCannon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 am

To me boredom is like an unfulfilled need for stimulation. Sometimes feels unfulfillable (is unfulfillable a word? idk).
...eyes covered in pink and bleach
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:54 am

Postby ZeroZ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:22 pm

ArchCannon wrote:

To me boredom is like an unfulfilled need for stimulation. Sometimes feels unfulfillable (is unfulfillable a word? idk).

I make up words all the time, I even make up how I punctuate sentences I don’t care, I like my way better. Sometimes I space out my paragraphs so they are all even and the same size I don’t care if I cut a word in half :D
‘You must accept the truth’
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:54 pm

Postby ArchCannon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 pm

I mean, sure, yeah but, the goal is to deliver a message. And there is no point in delivering an incomprehensible message
...eyes covered in pink and bleach
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:54 am

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post