Our partner

Impulsivity and recklessness

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Impulsivity and recklessness

Postby Trivago » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:39 am

Could be another way of avoiding something more challenging as well.
Nothing quite like rattling the cage of the establishment to see what falls out
Trivago
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:42 am

Funny, but f*cked up.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:44 am

I know right. F*cking comedy.

The real kicker is the ones where it's pure curiosity hence the laughter because it's a surprise!
It always starts off just a wonder if.. i wonder.. hmmm I wonder if
I wonder what would happen if......
I wonder what would happen if... I go through maccas drive through in reverse? Oh nothing that bad.. I wonder if I drove all the way home like this? This is much harder than I thought. this is hialrious fun. I wonder just how fast the reverse gear even goes if I redline?

No can't just do this because if everybody did it, it would just be pure chaos.

Oh well. Must adult.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:06 am
Blog: View Blog (15)

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:50 am

It's f*cking moronic, but yeah; not much of it stems from rage, just wonder. I wonder if it's got less to do with the impulse and more to do with the inability to do the if-this-then-that process.

I think most people have impulses that they'd not like people to know about but they don't do them because they join the dots.

I drove a mate's car home one night when we were both hammered and I didn't want to walk 10 minutes to the train station in the rain. Ten minutes of being wet compared to possibly killing someone, or us, and losing my license?

I don't like being stupid and I don't like not being able to join the dots.

Squaredonutwheels wrote:
Oh well. Must adult.

Yup.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:00 am

justonemoreperson wrote:I drove a mate's car home one night when we were both hammered and I didn't want to walk 10 minutes to the train station in the rain. Ten minutes of being wet compared to possibly killing someone, or us, and losing my license?

If you're anything like me it's because you never really expect anything to go wrong. The consequences aren't even part of the thought process. You just accept the risk and do it.

It's different to walking to a train station in the rain. You know that getting wet is inevitable, so you can't help but be aware of the potential consequences of your actions in that situation.
Last edited by Reaper on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:00 am

Squaredonutwheels wrote:I wonder what would happen if... I go through maccas drive through in reverse? Oh nothing that bad.. I wonder if I drove all the way home like this? This is much harder than I thought. this is hialrious fun. I wonder just how fast the reverse gear even goes if I redline?

And stop giving me ideas. This thread might be dangerous.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cassandre » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:14 am

Squaredonutwheels wrote:I know right. F*cking comedy.

Yes

justonemoreperson wrote:Funny, but f*cked up.

It depends ... some people are really arrogant and it's funny when someone with a "crazier" outlook put them in their place.

Gratuitous violence against defenseless beings, on the other end, I can't condone. But I am not sitting in judgment here, my lamest most impulsive moments are still a source of shame and that includes not being "cool" with a pair of mice.

I can't be sure what not joining the dots mean to you, but to me it meant not foreseeing that I would regret what I did, such as jeopardizing relationships.
Cassandre
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:17 am

justonemoreperson wrote:It's f*cking moronic, but yeah; not much of it stems from rage, just wonder. I wonder if it's got less to do with the impulse and more to do with the inability to do the if-this-then-that process.

I think most people have impulses that they'd not like people to know about but they don't do them because they join the dots.

I wonder if the dots are seen by the conscious mind but the lines that join the dots are emotional. Hence an emotional picture forms from joining the dots.

I'm not emotionally numb but I am quite removed from my emotions. It's not a DID system but my emotional side doesn't communicate with the rest of "me"? So the picture that comes from joining the dots is a separate image to the dots and out of focus because they aren't overlayed precisely or something?

Has me thinking..

-- Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:19 pm --

justonemoreperson wrote:
Squaredonutwheels wrote:I wonder what would happen if... I go through maccas drive through in reverse? Oh nothing that bad.. I wonder if I drove all the way home like this? This is much harder than I thought. this is hialrious fun. I wonder just how fast the reverse gear even goes if I redline?

And stop giving me ideas. This thread might be dangerous.

My bad once again. Someone has already done it. A car is not directionally stable going backwards. There is a reason why forklifts have the turning mechanism on the back and cars have it on the front.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:20 am

Reaper wrote:
If you're anything like me

You go out of your way to prove we're nothing alike.

The consequences aren't even part of the thought process. You just accept the risk and do it.

Not really; I don't accept the risk because I don't see it until afterwards.

It's different to walking to a train station in the rain. You know that getting wet is inevitable, so you can't help but be aware of the potential consequences of your actions in that situation.

I was already in the rain, walking past his car.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:26 am

Cassandre wrote:Gratuitous violence against defenseless beings, on the other end, I can't condone. But I am not sitting in judgment here, my lamest most impulsive moments are still a source of shame and that includes not being "cool" with a pair of mice.

I'm not sure if this shame is because it's from wastefulness or because your set of morals prohibits the harm of beings smaller than yourself.

I've noticed that people ask me if I eat what I hunt. Like it really matters. I wonder if it's a wastefulness issue because technically I could become vegan.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post