Our partner

I have a question for you with ASPD

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

I have a question for you with ASPD

Postby Catscratch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 pm

I was sitting in a state hospital and after 2 weeks had a visit from my psychiatrist using a computer. The first words out of his mouth are "Charm and Glib". I just laughed, then I got thinking what the hell is he referring to? as im not ASPD, but those are terms used to indicate that I could have it; I mean I was diagnosed with CD, ODD which from my understanding are precursors to the disorder, but why wouldn't he diagnose me with it and my question being is it the norm for quacks to screw with their customers that seek help? Also what is this Charm and Glib I don't understand? Thank You
Catscratch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I have a question for you with ASPD

Postby Brandon1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:06 pm

Catscratch wrote:I was sitting in a state hospital and after 2 weeks had a visit from my psychiatrist using a computer. The first words out of his mouth are "Charm and Glib". I just laughed, then I got thinking what the hell is he referring to? as im not ASPD, but those are terms used to indicate that I could have it; I mean I was diagnosed with CD, ODD which from my understanding are precursors to the disorder, but why wouldn't he diagnose me with it and my question being is it the norm for quacks to screw with their customers that seek help? Also what is this Charm and Glib I don't understand? Thank You

Are you chronically manipulative?
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Catscratch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 pm

looking at the definition of manipulative Brandon1, yes I guess iam. When I go into the psychiatrists office he tells me "Most people sit there" I like to sit looking right at him face to face most of the time, and being in charge, In my mind there is no other way Im the customer hes getting paid for me to be there, and hes the doctor.
Catscratch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Brandon1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:23 pm

Catscratch wrote:looking at the definition of manipulative Brandon1, yes I guess iam.

Superficial charm (or insincere charm or glib charm) is the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick and verbally facile.

A quick Wikipedia search will tell you that, so why are you really here?
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Catscratch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:25 pm

I don't understand the disorder in that Brandon1. In all honesty
Catscratch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Brandon1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:27 pm

Catscratch wrote:I don't understand the disorder in that Brandon1. In all honesty

Did he say you have a disorder? You didn't mention that.
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Catscratch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:30 pm

I don't know why im here? I guess a lifetime of problems and a deep misunderstanding for disorders and diagnoses. I'm basically confused. Since going to counseling as a kid ive been diagnosed with ptsd, cd, odd, adhd, bipolar 1 and 2 and recently schizoaffective, but im pretty much off meds and every year is a totally different feeling of exsistence. I don't know whats wrong with me and I don't believe doctors
Catscratch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Brandon1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Catscratch wrote:I don't know why im here? I guess a lifetime of problems and a deep misunderstanding for disorders and diagnoses. I'm basically confused. Since going to counseling as a kid ive been diagnosed with ptsd, cd, odd, adhd, bipolar 1 and 2 and recently schizoaffective, but im pretty much off meds and every year is a totally different feeling of exsistence. I don't know whats wrong with me and I don't believe doctors

Why would those things bring you here?
Last edited by Brandon1 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Catscratch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:32 pm

hes never mentioned to me about disorders
Catscratch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0